Page 106 of 256 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Sorry, but it's feelings.
    I've seen a lot of better titles, with more potential and selling more being canceled, by coincidence, are titles of female characters.
    ¿For example? To compare, one from the last two years. Genuinelly asking here. I know there most probably are, but I don't follow sales that much (just look for sales numbers from time to time for the books I follow).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-23-2022 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    ¿For example? To compare, one from the last two years. Genuinelly asking here. I know there most probably are, but I don't follow sales that much (just look for sales numbers from time to time for the books I follow).
    Wonder Girl and Black Widow. Both with a good creative team, good reception from the public and appearing well in the sales lists.
    There is still the case of Batgirl, which yes, sold poorly before being cancelled, but with numbers very close to Nightwing, who also sold poorly and better than Batman Beyond and Red Hood. While Nightwing continued with her title, the other two got new comics, while Barbara went back to being Oracle so she could be the easy-to-fit supporting characters in any comic book.
    For a male character to have and keep his title seems much easier than for female characters. I don't believe it's just sales.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wonder Girl and Black Widow. Both with a good creative team, good reception from the public and appearing well in the sales lists.
    There is still the case of Batgirl, which yes, sold poorly before being cancelled, but with numbers very close to Nightwing, who also sold poorly and better than Batman Beyond and Red Hood. While Nightwing continued with her title, the other two got new comics, while Barbara went back to being Oracle so she could be the easy-to-fit supporting characters in any comic book.
    For a male character to have and keep his title seems much easier than for female characters. I don't believe it's just sales.
    No, it's not just sales, at least not just comic book sales. Harley gets her featured everywhere because of overall popularity and the higher ups want her to be featured everywhere (Death Metal is the confirmed one)
    The writers also have to pitch a story, and get approved. So if there's no one pitching, no one has any idea or want to write them, or no one accepting the pitch, then it won't get done. (Sterling Gates approached DC during SDCC to ask about what their plan for Supergirl 60th anniversary and they said the live action series is enough celebration)
    Then there's also the head writer's plan. Tynion wanted a Batgirls revival, so they hold off on publishing Steph and Cass for a while, maybe Babs too, but he specifically talked about Steph and Cass.
    Currently the Wonderverse is expanding because the Cloonrad team is enthusiastic on all the characters. They got book for Hippolyta, Diana, Yara, Nubia, and Artemis, with Cassie as the main character for Dark Crisis Young Justice... and they are not barred from using characters.
    G. Willow Wilson was not allowed to use Donna Troy when writing Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-23-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Well, today in Task Force Z Jason was able to fight the entire batfamily and still have the upper hand, while simultaneously outsmarting all of them (and Batman) throughout the entire issue.

I wonder if that's just really poor editors allowing it, or if the bat office is indeed planning to push Jason as the most competent member of the batfamily now.
    Rosenberg is definitely playing favorites with Jason (both in TFZ and DC vs Vampires), and from the way he writes Dick in both books, it's clear he doesn't think highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, today in Task Force Z Jason was able to fight the entire batfamily and still have the upper hand, while simultaneously outsmarting all of them (and Batman) throughout the entire issue.

I wonder if that's just really poor editors allowing it, or if the bat office is indeed planning to push Jason as the most competent member of the batfamily now.
    Rosenberg is definitely playing favorites with Jason (both in TFZ and DC vs Vampires), and from the way he writes Dick in both books, it's clear he doesn't think highly of him.
    It really is one of those issues that pitch fans against each other, but i'm just really not going to waste my time with it.
    I'm pretty sure Tim and Cass fans got the worst out of it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Marvel readers cheered when he came out, it says a lot about his quality, and the current state of DC. I honestly don't care what happens in that title. And pushing Jason as superior isn't new, it's writers' way of pleasing readers.

Sounds even worse than that issue where everybody chases after Damian.

Extraordinary Member

Well this is his book
    It’s not like Damian didn’t do this in his own book last year

Talia just defeated Deathstroke today don’t let thease wins be to serious, we all have good days and bad days

I didn't like seeing Dick dressed as a "Nazi". Even in a vampire bullshit.

Especially disturbing considering his Romani heritage which Rebirth re-established in the Raptor issues.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It really is one of those issues that pitch fans against each other, but i'm just really not going to waste my time with it.
    I'm pretty sure Tim and Cass fans got the worst out of it.
    I have zero context for this, but I saw the page with Cass and Tim. I'm not even wild about them, and I call bullshit over their treatment.

Not sure I wanna know how Dick fared

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wonder if there would be any point in other franchises getting Future State books. Not that DC needs an excuse for more Bat-Books.
    I'd have said Wonder Woman, but they simply relaunched that one as Wonder Girl set in the present day. The only other that really could've continued is Justice League. They can't use that exact line up in the present day as Aquawoman is just a baby. Having FSJL would also allow them to give Kid Quick/FS Flash a bigger push - they are getting a Teen Justice mini at least, but it took them a year to give them that. Maybe they didn't want to run the risk of fans liking it better than Bendis's JL run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I have zero context for this, but I saw the page with Cass and Tim. I'm not even wild about them, and I call bullshit over their treatment.

Not sure I wanna know how Dick fared
    Hey, try read the issue (maybe ask for someone to lend it to you). The whole fight has a nice reason to happen the way it does and why Jason won in the end is pretty explainable in my opinion. None of them were trying to seriously fight, not even Jason, who was actually trying a bit harder than them. And in the end, it was more like some family time than anything, and the issues at play had a lot more to do with levels of trust than anything. Actually, the whole book as a lot to do with trust issues between the characters.

That, and silly fun. Which may be not your thing. Iirc, you're not a fan of Jason, so maybe the book is a hard pass for you. But still, try get a glance through the issue. I don't think it was that outrageous (but then, I am a big Jason fan).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-24-2022 at 03:13 PM.

He’s dressed like the Batman Who Laughs, it’s just generic gothic black leather. Didn’t see any Nazi stuff. He is evil as hell though regardless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hey, try read the issue (maybe ask for someone to lend it to you). The whole fight has a nice reason to happen the way it does and why Jason won in the end is pretty explainable in my opinion. None of them were trying to seriously fight, not even Jason, who was actually trying a bit harder than them. And in the end, it was more like some family time than anything, and the issues at play had a lot more to do with levels of trust than anything. Actually, the whole book as a lot to do with trust issues between the characters.

That, and silly fun. Which may be not your thing. Iirc, you're not a fan of Jason, so maybe the book is a hard pass for you. But still, try get a glance through the issue. I don't think it was that outrageous (but then, I am a big Jason fan).
    I'm glancing through some scans of it right now.

I think you're right, it comes down to how much you like Jason. Him clobbering Tim with a crowbar isn't as bad in the full context, and Dick isn't treated as badly as I thought. Cass at least didn't go down permanently, but I have a hard time buying Jason even landing that taze on her. And him vanishing at the end and none of them notice? C'mon.

I get it's his book, but I imagine Jason fans would be among the first to cry foul if he was used in a similar manner in one of the others' books.