Page 240 of 256 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I remember hearing something along the lines of him wanting to write Nightwing and editorial wouldn’t allow it. Man that would be great. Everything about Worlds Finest would translate to a great Nightwing book. He’s also make for a amazing Titans writer. His take on them as teenagers has been superb.
    Rumor is he pitched a Nightwing book and they asked him to just take the pitch and use it for Batman instead. Another rumor is that his Daredevil run began as a Nightwing pitch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rumor is he pitched a Nightwing book and they asked him to just take the pitch and use it for Batman instead. Another rumor is that his Daredevil run began as a Nightwing pitch.
    The latter is true I think but I'm fairly certain he said he never actually pitched Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Emphasis mine .

I remember how he got like barely any screentime in the Atlantis arc compared to everybody else and even Lagoon Boy.
    Silent but not forgotten. Yeah between that and the Zatanna arc he was used minimally. I was disappointed, but then again I was more disappointed by Nightwing being the final arc and getting no personal development or even a mention of his hero name krypton origins and he’s a principal.

But at least Garth was there. He is always there. Teen titans go, Dc superhero girls , justice League flashpoint
    In fact I’d say he’s more consistent then anyone else in the fab five aside from dick

When Waid was possibly campaigning for a Nightwing book it was when Morrison wanted Dick to become Batman. That happened around the same time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I remember hearing something along the lines of him wanting to write Nightwing and editorial wouldn’t allow it. Man that would be great. Everything about Worlds Finest would translate to a great Nightwing book. He’s also make for a amazing Titans writer. His take on them as teenagers has been superb.
    Back in 2008 or so he did an podcast where he mentions how he like’d him, and how the character is this and that, but that there are people in charge at DC who sees him as a useless character. Says he’d write him in a heartbeat and even jokingly said he “begged” to be given Nightwing, but was turned down. Various rumors then spun out of that over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    When Waid was possibly campaigning for a Nightwing book it was when Morrison wanted Dick to become Batman. That happened around the same time I think.
    Closer to IC probably. We just heard about it around the start of Tomasi’s run.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-21-2022 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That's bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Silent but not forgotten. Yeah between that and the Zatanna arc he was used minimally. I was disappointed, but then again I was more disappointed by Nightwing being the final arc and getting no personal development or even a mention of his hero name krypton origins and he’s a principal.

But at least Garth was there. He is always there. Teen titans go, Dc superhero girls , justice League flashpoint
    In fact I’d say he’s more consistent then anyone else in the fab five aside from dick
    Yeah, but I wouldn't say it was enough to make him a popular, long-lasting character compared to, say, Dick, Wally, or even Roy.

A lot of characters in YJ get shafted.

Yeah, but I wouldn't say it was enough to make him a popular, long-lasting character compared to, say, Dick, Wally, or even Roy.

Jason Todd and Nightwing had like, one interaction. No wonder that show got canceled.

Characters did get shafted in yj. Fans just think everyone and their mama is supposed to get screen time. It's no different with the characters. The main characters take the lead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jason Todd and Nightwing had like, one interaction. No wonder that show got canceled.
    They didn’t want Batman characters to overshadow everyone

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Characters did get shafted in yj. Fans just think everyone and their mama is supposed to get screen time. It's no different with the characters. The main characters take the lead.
    I mean, not even supposed main characters get proper character development and focus.

Like other than doing detective work Dick barely did anything that season. Zatanna was a backseat driver to her own arc. Kaldur had stuff but it got drowned out by Atlantean politics and a rushed resolution. Rocket too. Artemis, M'Gann, and Conner probably had it the best but I feel like the former two are creator favorites sometimes.

Also we needed tons of screentime wasted on a Beast Boy depression arc that ended up going nowhere.

I mean, not even supposed main characters get proper character development and focus.

Like other than doing detective work Dick barely did anything that season. Zatanna was a backseat driver to her own arc. Kaldur had stuff but it got drowned out by Atlantean politics and a rushed resolution. Rocket too. Artemis, M'Gann, and Conner probably had it the best but I feel like the former two are creator favorites sometimes.

Also we needed tons of screentime wasted on a Beast Boy depression arc that ended up going nowhere.
    In the end, the show deserved to be canceled for failing to focus on the things people really wanted.

On Waid writing Nightwing: well, he's not the only one saying he wanted to write Nightwing and was stopped by Didio.
    Today I don't see him taking over Nightwing, a few months ago my first choice would be Zdarsky, but since he's in Batman, my choice today would be Jed MacKay.

Incredible Member

Agreed, not a fan of this last season of YJ. They drew out all of the arcs. Most of them could have been done in 2-3 allowing for focus on other core characters. There some bright spots but it was still a let down. Kaldurs arc, mtge Martians and Zatannas each would have benefited from being 1-2 episodes shorter.

Best case scenario, Waid writes the Titans book. Whoever writes it needs to be able to create new and large JL level threats if anyone is going to see the Titans as the premiere DC team. Additionally they need to be able to write strong engaging character dynamics that actually feel like they are evolving. This is what made the book so special during their best years.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 11-22-2022 at 12:22 PM.

I only liked the first season of YJ, but that's mostly because I wanted to see more of Dick as Robin. I also liked the dynamic of the original group the best, but then they killed Wally and aged up everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I only liked the first season of YJ, but that's mostly because I wanted to see more of Dick as Robin. I also liked the dynamic of the original group the best, but then they killed Wally and aged up everyone.
    The show got worse as the seasons went on.
    First season still is the best by far.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.