Page 41 of 256 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    In a Nightwing movie how much Batman should be in it in your opinion and what supporting cast would work best for him?
    We need enough Batman to establish Dick's dynamic and history, and that's plenty; the Bat can easily overshadow any and everyone else so less is definitely more.

As for supporting cast it really depends on what kind of Nightwing story you're telling right? His most stable and longstanding supporting characters, in a way, are the Titans and there's definitely a way to use them without stealing Nightwing's thunder.

For something more grounded? I'm partial to the Dixon era supporting cast but there's been a number of people who've passed through Dick's life who might work, like Midnighter.

I'm not overly partial, honestly, as long as Nightwing is the hero of his own story and it's true to his character.

The only thing I require is as much Alfred as the script can possibly include.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I believe that in a movie structure seeing him establish himself as Nightwing could perhaps require a more personal story with less characters around him. But since Dick Grayson is known for his connection to the wider universe and his friendship with a variety of characters maybe that aspect should be portrayed in the movie. Still I personally think it would make sense for Dick to go on a "lone crusader" journey before regrouping with his friends and family after making a name for himself as Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ah okay, thanks for the heads up.

Hmm....I might have to get that issue of 'Tec then......

Honestly, Waid writing the Big 2 isn't a huge draw for me, I've seen him write them before and I know Waid will do right by them but it's not anything I find exciting, yknow? But Mora? I'll probably buy this for his art alone.
    Art is fantastic, but yeah the writing is just ok. Waid will do a solid job from what I read in the backup, but it’s not going to be a modern day classic based on what the preview showed us.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I believe that in a movie structure seeing him establish himself as Nightwing could perhaps require a more personal story with less characters around him. But since Dick Grayson is known for his connection to the wider universe and his friendship with a variety of characters maybe that aspect should be portrayed in the movie. Still I personally think it would make sense for Dick to go on a "lone crusader" journey before regrouping with his friends and family after making a name for himself as Nightwing
    Agreed! His first movie should be a smaller more focused story. At the end he can make a decision to return to the fold in regards to any wider DC connections.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, Babs: Y1 was most enjoyable (IMHO):

Careful with this, Dick was around 12 in his year one and Babs was around 17! Since the stories take place one after the other, I don't think we should be pushing this version of the couple, definitely present the wrong idea.
    In a Nightwing movie how much Batman should be in it in your opinion and what supporting cast would work best for him?
    I think Batman should be mentioned in name only. The Nightwing movie should be about Nightwing and his own unique cast. So probably no big influence from Titans or Batfam. Batman should be the only Batfam member mentioned and perhaps Jason Todd due to their history together, you can get a good story. Otherwise, its no longer a Nightwing independent movie.

His supporting cast should be a cast that only really shows up in Nightwing mythos! I don't mind the inclusion of other characters that have impacted him, but you risk the movie no longer being about just Nightwing. Do it how they did the Blade, Spider-Man and Nolan Batman movies and I Think it would raise Nightwing's popularity quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Careful with this, Dick was around 12 in his year one and Babs was around 17! Since the stories take place one after the other, I don't think we should be pushing this version of the couple, definitely present the wrong idea.
    Weird, I always thought this was where they started shortening the age gap (although I guess it's better than Pre-Crisis) but Dick was really into older women .
    I think Batman should be mentioned in name only. The Nightwing movie should be about Nightwing and his own unique cast. So probably no big influence from Titans or Batfam. Batman should be the only Batfam member mentioned and perhaps Jason Todd due to their history together, you can get a good story. Otherwise, its no longer a Nightwing independent movie.

His supporting cast should be a cast that only really shows up in Nightwing mythos! I don't mind the inclusion of other characters that have impacted him, but you risk the movie no longer being about just Nightwing. Do it how they did the Blade, Spider-Man and Nolan Batman movies and I Think it would raise Nightwing's popularity quite a bit.
    I look at it more as a Dick Grayson movie, so I feel like Robin should show up in flashbacks and it would be hard to show that without Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird, I always thought this was where they started shortening the age gap (although I guess it's better than Pre-Crisis) but Dick was really into older women .
    I know, right?! He's always getting himself into all these weird shenanigans, like in The Batman and Robin Adventures #8 (LOL):

hey, guys, I took a long break from comics in general. So could you please tell me if our boy Dick is finally in a good place? Is Tom Taylor's current run really good?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    hey, guys, I took a long break from comics in general. So could you please tell me if our boy Dick is finally in a good place? Is Tom Taylor's current run really good?
    Dick's in a much, much better place than he was a year ago. I think no matter what someone might think of his current status, it can't be argued that he's not objectively in a better place.

Taylor's run is getting tons and tons of rave reviews. It's won a number of awards, some of which I hear are even worth bragging about. And of course we have the upcoming Gotham Knights game, another season of Titans and Young Justice, possibly a role in the Batgirl film (for whatever that's worth), and Dick's role in stuff like the Titans Academy book (which I'm not reading and word is Nightwing fans shouldn't) as well as some stand alone stuff like the recent Robin and Batman mini (which I hear we should read but I'm trade waiting). He's also had some good showings in stuff like Yang/Reis' Batman-Superman arc (a must read for any Golden Age or multiverse fan but a damn good story regardless), he had a big role in the Metal II arc of Justice League (I wouldn't say it's worth hunting down but it wasn't bad), and there's the Titans United book, which is out of continuity and I can't speak to the quality.

As to whether Taylor's run is "good" or not? That's subjective and you may or may not like it. It's a very (very!) slow burn, very character centric, and fairly grounded. Dick is still in Bludhaven, still hanging out with Babs and Tim, still dealing with corrupt politicians and Blockbuster. It's very Dixon-esque, but has been building its own flavor and identity as it goes along, especially within the last couple issues. The Titans pop up in small roles on a regular basis. Oh, and there's a pet dog now.

I'm not typically a fan of Dick hanging around a single city, doing his Batman-Lite thing. But the run has been done well, even Dick's dynamic with Babs isn't pissing me off like it usually does, and the art is pure genius. This is probably the best art Dick has ever had, and might be the best looking book on the stands right now.

The first trade (Leaping into the Light or something like that, it's called?) either just came out or is coming out soon and I'd recommend checking it out. If you liked Dixon's stuff you'll like this. If you wanted Dick to be doing something other than the grounded, street level vigilante stuff, you won't find it here....but the book is still executed well enough (despite the slow burn) that it might be enjoyable for you anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dick's in a much, much better place than he was a year ago. I think no matter what someone might think of his current status, it can't be argued that he's not objectively in a better place.

Taylor's run is getting tons and tons of rave reviews. It's won a number of awards, some of which I hear are even worth bragging about. And of course we have the upcoming Gotham Knights game, another season of Titans and Young Justice, possibly a role in the Batgirl film (for whatever that's worth), and Dick's role in stuff like the Titans Academy book (which I'm not reading and word is Nightwing fans shouldn't) as well as some stand alone stuff like the recent Robin and Batman mini (which I hear we should read but I'm trade waiting). He's also had some good showings in stuff like Yang/Reis' Batman-Superman arc (a must read for any Golden Age or multiverse fan but a damn good story regardless), he had a big role in the Metal II arc of Justice League (I wouldn't say it's worth hunting down but it wasn't bad), and there's the Titans United book, which is out of continuity and I can't speak to the quality.

As to whether Taylor's run is "good" or not? That's subjective and you may or may not like it. It's a very (very!) slow burn, very character centric, and fairly grounded. Dick is still in Bludhaven, still hanging out with Babs and Tim, still dealing with corrupt politicians and Blockbuster. It's very Dixon-esque, but has been building its own flavor and identity as it goes along, especially within the last couple issues. The Titans pop up in small roles on a regular basis. Oh, and there's a pet dog now.

I'm not typically a fan of Dick hanging around a single city, doing his Batman-Lite thing. But the run has been done well, even Dick's dynamic with Babs isn't pissing me off like it usually does, and the art is pure genius. This is probably the best art Dick has ever had, and might be the best looking book on the stands right now.

The first trade (Leaping into the Light or something like that, it's called?) either just came out or is coming out soon and I'd recommend checking it out. If you liked Dixon's stuff you'll like this. If you wanted Dick to be doing something other than the grounded, street level vigilante stuff, you won't find it here....but the book is still executed well enough (despite the slow burn) that it might be enjoyable for you anyway.
    Whoa! Thanks, dude. ������

Extraordinary Member

Guys. We just got a update on George Perez's condition

FLCJiAfXMAI5-Bp.jpg

Incredible Member

It's nice seeing that Dick's gift to Damian has become his weapon of choice on the Shadow war covers.

It's just a shame that Dick isn't playing any part in this war when both Batman and Robin are there.

robin13 cover.jpg robin 14 cover.jpg
    Last edited by Lal; 02-07-2022 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It's nice seeing that Dick's gift to Damian has become his weapon of choice on the Shadow war covers.

It's just a shame that Dick isn't playing any part in this war when both Batman and Robin are there.

Deathstroke and Nightwing barely have any interactions nowadays, so it isn't surprising. Deathstroke is more connected to Batman these days.
    I hope we get to see Damian in Nightwing once this Shadow War or whatever is over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post

This story is jammed pack and Bruce need to fix thing with Damian alone. Their trying to do some parallel with deathstroke and Respawn