Page 121 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    lol im kinda curious who heartless is now

Idk what the deal with Tom Taylor hate is. It's all so bizarre

He's racist because Jeurgens broke Dick up with Bea and Taylor followed continuity?

He's racist because the member of the Batfam NOT in a current book isn't on this Brady bunch homage

He's ableist because Simone wrote Babs out of the wheelchair and Taylor followed continuity again.

He character assassinated the characters in Injustice for FOLLOWING THE CONTINUITY

No one in Dark Knights of Steel is in character, even though none of these characters have the similar background of their main continuity counterparts
    That's why i don't pay attention to Twitter. Only the Chans of the world are worse than Twitter.
    You can find less toxic people on YT comments nowadays.

I don't even know why a creator would waste his time creating a Twitter account to engage with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm possibly being unfair, and losing on many wonderful experiences but... People like that are why I don't go to conventions, or talk about comics anywhere but here.
    You not going to find people like that on conventions, at least not in the vast majority, because people in real life don't behave like they behave on Twitter.

People on conventions are looking for a good time and they are mostly respecfull to the creators.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-18-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While I feel that the people going after Tom and Bruno are wrong, in both Snyder and King's runs they were building Duke as part of the inner circle of the Bat-Family, Duke was basically Bruce's foster son and lived in the mansion and knew everyone identity and while they didn't do much with him he was often included in panels when Bruce was having 'family time' with his kids, unlike Harper. It was based on those images and stories that Twitter and Tumblr began including Duke as part of Bruce's family well before Wayne's family adventures.

However, in Batman & the Signal written by Tony Patrick they began to put distance between Duke and the rest of the Bat family, he was no longer Bruce's foster son but living with an uncle.
    Duke always felt like they couldn't quite commit or figure out what the plan was for him in terms of his role in the family and as a vigilante.

If Duke had tried to kill other Batfam members, more than once, perhaps he would have been considered more central.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Future State says all the Batman title holder will fight. Dick, Bruce, Damian, Jace, Tommy, and they wonder who's gonna be the true holder of the title.

This is the cover

You think they're hinting at anything?
    so is this a second battle for the cowl or what

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm possibly being unfair, and losing on many wonderful experiences but... People like that are why I don't go to conventions, or talk about comics anywhere but here.
    Same.

Well, I don't go to con's for several reasons but wanting to avoid the Comic Book Guys is definitely one of the major ones. I know most people at con's are better behaved than they are on social media since there's no anonymity, but even if they're more polite when asking pro's questions at a panel, they're still talking out of their asses in the crowd, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Same.

Well, I don't go to con's for several reasons but wanting to avoid the Comic Book Guys is definitely one of the major ones. I know most people at con's are better behaved than they are on social media since there's no anonymity, but even if they're more polite when asking pro's questions at a panel, they're still talking out of their asses in the crowd, yknow?
    Conventions are so much fun don’t let bad apples
    Dissuade you from attending

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Current DC Twitter Pride question to the authors is who's the most crush worthy character in DCU

Nightwing is the pick for Nicole Maines (Dreamer actress and co-writer), Danny Lore (Teen Justice, though they also made a point of crushing on everyone) and Phil Jimenez (who also has a thing for Tazmanian Devil)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-18-2022 at 12:02 PM.

I have my issues with the current Nightwing run but it's really disheartening to see Taylor and Redondo dog piled for something as innocent as a Brady Bunch homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Current DC Twitter Pride question to the authors is who's the most crush worthy character in DCU

Nightwing is the pick for Nicole Maines (Dreamer actress and co-writer), Danny Lore (Teen Justice, though they also made a point of crushing on everyone) and Phil Jimenez (who also has a thing for Tazmanian Devil)
    This does not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I have my issues with the current Nightwing run but it's really disheartening to see Taylor and Redondo dog piled for something as innocent as a Brady Bunch homage.
    Same, and if you try to mention how insane the hate is, you're attacked too. It's toxic af

Be hilarious if Dick gets married before Bruce does, I hope DC isn’t stupid enough to do another wedding fakeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Duke always felt like they couldn't quite commit or figure out what the plan was for him in terms of his role in the family and as a vigilante.
    Nah it was more so that most flat out did not want another addition to the Batfamily, especially when so many of their favorites were languishing. Duke’s challenge is that he’s a late addition to a group that’s already overflowing. The writers weren’t interested in using him because they already had their favorites and the same is true of the fanbase. Duke would’ve quietly disappeared if it wasn’t for Scott Snyder doing everything he can to put him over. It’s why Jace is better suited to succeed as a “black Bat”, he’s not even trying to find acceptance in the Gotham Batfamily and has his own turf.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Want to find a place for Duke, simple. Forget about the other Robins and bring him to the Nightwing comic.
    It would be better than wasting time with Damian or Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Be hilarious if Dick gets married before Bruce does, I hope DC isn’t stupid enough to do another wedding fakeout.
    I'm not sure I'm feeling a wedding.
    Nah it was more so that most flat out did not want another addition to the Batfamily, especially when so many of their favorites were languishing. Duke’s challenge is that he’s a late addition to a group that’s already overflowing. The writers weren’t interested in using him because they already had their favorites and the same is true of the fanbase. Duke would’ve quietly disappeared if it wasn’t for Scott Snyder doing everything he can to put him over. It’s why Jace is better suited to succeed as a “black Bat”, he’s not even trying to find acceptance in the Gotham Batfamily and has his own turf.
    I guess that's true. The Batfamily is at max capacity as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure I'm feeling a wedding.
    Don't expect a wedding.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Don't expect a wedding.
    I Mabey not a wedding an engagement definitely