Page 19 of 256 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

I also don't see a more accurate adaption of Dick's costume as impossible. There just needs to be the will and they might have it, given how accurate the Burnside costume is.

I don't think the shiny (armor) designs fit Dick all too well. I'd rather movie Dick goes for the fake Kevlar look Batfleck had. There's this costume that went around on Twitter a few weeks ago that has more of the feel I'd like to see:

(Source)

If it has to be shiny armor the costume needs some stretchy material like the ArtFX statue:

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I also don't see a more accurate adaption of Dick's costume as impossible. There just needs to be the will and they might have it, given how accurate the Burnside costume is.

I don't think the shiny (armor) designs fit Dick all too well. I'd rather movie Dick goes for the fake Kevlar look Batfleck had. There's this costume that went around on Twitter a few weeks ago that has more of the feel I'd like to see:

(Source)

If it has to be shiny armor the costume needs some stretchy material like the ArtFX statue:
    I'd much prefer this too. The shiny armor looks like it's be rubbery and immovable which just doesn't really suit Dick.

The fans on Twitter are begging for a DickBabs wedding for Nightwing's 100th issue lol I mean I could imagine at least 100 better storylines but it sure as hell would sell well

Nope,do not want. They've barely started dating properly. Plus, I'm still a bit salty about the BatCat "wedding". It would sell like hot cakes though.

Only if they dress like this again:

Source: Batman Family #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

I don't think the shiny (armor) designs fit Dick all too well. I'd rather movie Dick goes for the fake Kevlar look Batfleck had. There's this costume that went around on Twitter a few weeks ago that has more of the feel I'd like to see

I don't think the costume, or at least the body suit portion of it is the problem, it's the mask.

For live action, I wouldn't mind a mask that resembled his Renegade costume version:

Or Future State:

I like it when every piece of a costume feels like its there for a purpose. I'm not a fan of the armor look myself.

I think Nightwing's suit should be patterned after a wing suit and he should be able to fly or glide through the air like his DCAU counterpart is able to:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Nope,do not want. They've barely started dating properly. Plus, I'm still a bit salty about the BatCat "wedding". It would sell like hot cakes though.
    If Batman isn't allowed to get married, then the rest of the Batfamily isn't either and let's be real even if it happened, it wouldn't last. I'm also not interested in reading more DickBabs so I would prefer it if they didn't and broke it off soon or let them get married and have a family in a standalone comic to please their fans lol.

Also I gotta say, what I have read of Nightwing so far is good but I have a hard time really loving it because I don't care much about Babs, the dog or the whole sister part but the art is pretty like really pretty.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-17-2022 at 03:59 PM.

The art is the best thing about it. Hands down. I'm not a big fan of DickBabs, despite loving both characters. I think too many years of will they/won't they have soured me on it. Plus they're usually written as the worst versions of themselves when they're together. I will give Tom Taylor credit for making me believe that they actually like each other and could work as a couple, it's just not my cup of tea.

I couldn't give a toss about the long lost sister either. It should be a big deal but no-one talks about it. Even in the comic universe, which is weird. Dicks wallet gets stolen and the group chat blows up, he discovers a long lost sister... crickets.

I can recognise Haley as the shameless attempt to pull on the heartstrings that she is but I love her. Dick getting a dog seems like a no brainer in hindsight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    The fans on Twitter are begging for a DickBabs wedding for Nightwing's 100th issue lol I mean I could imagine at least 100 better storylines but it sure as hell would sell well
    For the absolute LOLs, Taylor should end Nightwing #100 with Dick getting shot in the head by KGBeast. Just to see what would happen

Lol I don’t think it’ll cause a hoopla like Bat Cat did. That was something that had a lot of hype since forever lol and also has been hinted at way more times. But I do think fandom wise, Atleast some people would buy it up!

For me, let Dick Kory and dick babs live forever in fanon or elseworld! Leave canon for something actually respectful and significant. Give Dick a new love interest please. A large part of why I feel I can’t enjoy Taylor’s run is because I feel like it’s just his way of pushing his headcanon. Keep the dog get rid of everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Only if they dress like this again:

Source: Batman Family #11.
    And it’s funny how Babs promptly ran away and forgot all about this Lmaoo Becuase she hated it haha but we gotta be mindful about posting Dick babs stuff from this time period Becuase of the age difference though!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Lol I don’t think it’ll cause a hoopla like Bat Cat did. That was something that had a lot of hype since forever lol and also has been hinted at way more times. But I do think fandom wise, Atleast some people would buy it up!

For me, let Dick Kory and dick babs live forever in fanon or elseworld! Leave canon for something actually respectful and significant. Give Dick a new love interest please. A large part of why I feel I can’t enjoy Taylor’s run is because I feel like it’s just his way of pushing his headcanon. Keep the dog get rid of everything else!
    My problem with Babs and Kory is that DC will never fully commit to it so I can't bring myself to care. DC also has this weird obsession of pairing her up with basically everybody in the Batfamily, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to pair her up with Damian eventually.

The dog is cute but I'm more of a cat person

My problem with Babs and Kory is that DC will never fully commit to it so I can't bring myself to care. DC also has this weird obsession of pairing her up with basically everybody in the Batfamily, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to pair her up with Damian eventually.

The dog is cute but I'm more of a cat person
    I feel the same way! I used to be a HUGE DickKory shipper but then I saw how crappy they treated the couple since the 90s and it really put me off big time. I tried to get into DickBabs but I can’t get past the toxic vibes from their relationship (largely because they are incompatible and instead of breaking up it always turns into a “Dick needs to change” convo). So I don’t ship either of them. I’ve always been new love interest. If Batman can have two or three significant romances before DC finally settling on BatCat, then so can Dick! I’ve also always been BabsTed shipper lol and partial to both BardBabs and DinahBabs. So far none of Dick’s romances have hit the mark. Bea and Helena came super close though. I always thought Dick could do well with someone who was like Peggy Carter or Jean Grey.

Haley is the breakout star of Taylor Nightwing but it unfortunately wasn’t enough for me to continue to spend my coins. It’s the only thing from his run currently that I’d love to keep around in other runs but with how Nighrwing is treated, I doubt that would even happen /eyeroll.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I feel the same way! I used to be a HUGE DickKory shipper but then I saw how crappy they treated the couple since the 90s and it really put me off big time. I tried to get into DickBabs but I can’t get past the toxic vibes from their relationship (largely because they are incompatible and instead of breaking up it always turns into a “Dick needs to change” convo). So I don’t ship either of them. I’ve always been new love interest. If Batman can have two or three significant romances before DC finally settling on BatCat, then so can Dick! I’ve also always been BabsTed shipper lol and partial to both BardBabs and DinahBabs. So far none of Dick’s romances have hit the mark. Bea and Helena came super close though. I always thought Dick could do well with someone who was like Peggy Carter or Jean Grey.

Haley is the breakout star of Taylor Nightwing but it unfortunately wasn’t enough for me to continue to spend my coins. It’s the only thing from his run currently that I’d love to keep around in other runs but with how Nighrwing is treated, I doubt that would even happen /eyeroll.
    I don't know. I don't dislike the dog but I don't know it just seems a little too "happy". Like it just exist for cheap "cuteness" moments and no character outside of that.

I lean more towards Dick Kory these days. I used to like Dick/Babs but it's starting to feel like they're thrown together for the sake of it rather than naturally building it up. Kory helped Dick realize that he doesn't have to be exactly like Batman to be effective and helped him express himself more. He even cites her as an influence when he came up with the Nightwing persona (his parents, Kory, Batman and Superman all played a part in it). Dick/Babs doesn't have anything close to that kind of depth, at least in the stuff I read. Their interactions in Batman Family where Dick developed a crush on her were fun and they had great moments when Dixon wrote them. However, at this point not only is continuity muddled and messy, both pairings are years past their glory days and DC putting Babs in Nightwing's book feels like an appeal to nostalgia so they can gain back the audience they've been alieanating for a decade and a half now.

As far as current canon is concerned, I think we're better off if Dick, Babs and Kory all go their separate ways and date other people. Either way, I'm not interested in any will they/won't they crap, I would rather DC just picked a path and committed to it.

In an idealized canon (in my head, one where DC never rebooted with the Nu52 but successfully consolidated the Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis history into one), Kory would be my preferred endgame pairing for Dick.