Page 1 of 256 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Dick Grayson: Robin/Batman/Nightwing/Agent 37 Appreciation 2022

2021 was a big improvement
    I hope he can can keep this momentum into the new year.

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Nightwing

Incredible Member

So based on the preview of SSoK 6, there seems to be a human trafficking gang in Bludhaven kidnapping kids now?

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/31/dc...n-of-kal-el-6/

I really hope it would be addressed in the Nightwing-Jon kent team up soon.

Happy new year, Wingheads! We might not have all the same views, but we all love this character!

2021 was great for Nightwing, 2022 can be even better.
    Can wait to play him in Gotham Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    So based on the preview of SSoK 6, there seems to be a human trafficking gang in Bludhaven kidnapping kids now?

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/31/dc...n-of-kal-el-6/

I really hope it would be addressed in the Nightwing-Jon kent team up soon.
    This is probably a thread that will unveil into the crossover.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    2021 was great for Nightwing, 2022 can be even better.
    Can't wait to play him in Gotham Knights.
    I can't wait for Gotham Knights. Playing as Nightwing will be so much fun.

Extraordinary Member

Starting the year off strong already.

https://www.cbr.com/cbr-top-100-comics-of-2021-10-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

The users of the r/comicbooks from reddit also voted his book as the best of last year.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Hope 2022 mirrors the past year for Dick and hopefully tops it.

It finally feels like DC is treating Dick like the top tier character he is. He's getting so much focus and use.

You can dislike Tom Taylor as a writer but he's definitely helping Nightwing's brand grow.

Happy New Year to Dick in all his various forms/incarnations, as well as to his fans .

Astonishing Member

Happy new year, Dick!Heads!

Dick's got some excellent artists working on him this year - Bruno Redondo, Dan Mora, still one more double-sized issue from Dustin Nguyen...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

2021 was a big improvement
    I hope he can can keep this momentum into the new year.

Was this image ever actually published as a cover?

Happy new year to all my fellow Wingnuts! May 2022 bring you glory, health, and happiness...and may the year bring all of the same for Nightwing!

Y'know...it's been a real long time since we celebrated a new year with Grayson in a good position and getting some respect from DC. Far too long. For the first time in years, I'm not hoping that this is the year things start to turn around for the character. Now I hope that this upwards trend continues and that Dick continues to grow in importance and relevance.

Last year brought us a lot of good stuff; Robin and Batman, Taylor's run (it's successful whether you like it or not, and successful Nightwing is good for us all), Gotham Knights announcement and hype, and continued larger media exposure in things like Titans and Young Justice. What will this year bring us, I wonder? More quality comics? A tv show? A game?

I'll be content if he continues getting quality effort in the comics, honestly. I'm not greedy and I'm not expecting miracles. The new powers that be within DC seem to recognize the value of Nightwing, and what they've done so far seems to be successful. Success breeds success, and I don't think it's entirely unreasonable of us to expect that this year will bring more effort to Dick Grayson. But, yknow....baby steps.

For the first time in years I'm starting a new year thinking that it's a good time to be a Nightwing fan. And hot damn that's a nice feeling!

Here's to you and your kin, fellow posters! May we spend the next twelve months celebrating Nightwing's continuing rise!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What will this year bring us, I wonder? More quality comics? A tv show? A game?
    My wish list at the moment is rather "simple":
    Taylor using more recent Dick material (Batman, Grayson, Rebirth) in his run.
    Taylor somehow fixing Titans.

I'd love to get Nightwing focused animated movie, but I think that is less realistic that my two comics related wishes. As for movies, after reading latest Flashpoint spoilers it feels like DC movies are going to turn into even a bigger **** show than it currently is and it doesn't look like it'll have room for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    after reading latest Flashpoint spoilers it feels like DC movies are going to turn into even a bigger **** show than it currently is and it doesn't look like it'll have room for Nightwing.
    We're dodging a bullet.

I know we all want a Nightwing movie but given the way most of DC's films turn out? Better to get nothing than something like Birds of Prey or some of the other stinky duds that've been churned out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.