Page 109 of 256 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Someone explain to me why this is my favorite book (DC or Marvel) out of like 50 books I get a month.

I love it. Writing, art, everything.

But why?
    Isn't that something only you can say?

What does this book have that other books you read don't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Isn't that something only you can say?

What does this book have that other books you read don't have?
    I am not sure. I read a lot. It is just that this Nightwing run has me pulled in. I love it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I am not sure. I read a lot. It is just that this Nightwing run has me pulled in. I love it.
    Same. I had my concerns early on (still enjoyed it overall, but there were worries) but the deeper into this run we get, the more I'm enjoying it. Everything since issue 87 or so (somewhere around there) has been superb. Early on it felt largely like a Dixon rehash, but the title feels like it's finding its footing and carving out its own identity now. Really damn happy with the book, even if I wish Dick were doing stuff beyond the street level.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Same.Really damn happy with the book, even if I wish Dick were doing stuff beyond the street level.
    I feel the same way.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Same. I had my concerns early on (still enjoyed it overall, but there were worries) but the deeper into this run we get, the more I'm enjoying it. Everything since issue 87 or so (somewhere around there) has been superb. Early on it felt largely like a Dixon rehash, but the title feels like it's finding its footing and carving out its own identity now.
    To me it feels still like a lot of fanservice with next to no plot progression.

Really damn happy with the book, even if I wish Dick were doing stuff beyond the street level.
    I would be happy if Dick would at least do something. I mean shouldn't he put maybe some effort into taking down Block Buster and catching Heartless?

I mean we are allready 14 issues into the run.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-29-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Someone explain to me why this is my favorite book (DC or Marvel) out of like 50 books I get a month.

I love it. Writing, art, everything.

But why?
    It's what happens when a talented creative team gets a character and do their best to capitalize on their appeal, and editorial lets them to. Over the last decade or more this has been such a rare occurrence from the Big Two that when it actually happens, we are always caught a bit off-guard.

ok, everything happened, but this was written by Dixon, so it has preference and now I can delete Annual 2.
    Nightwing (1996-2009) 062-008m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    ok, everything happened, but this was written by Dixon, so it has preference and now I can delete Annual 2.
    Nightwing (1996-2009) 062-008m.jpg
    I hated this retcon so badly because it makes zero sense with his Titans stuff lol homeboy cared a lick about Babs when she was shot. It’s like forcing a square into a circular hole lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I hated this retcon so badly because it makes zero sense with his Titans stuff lol homeboy cared a lick about Babs when she was shot. It’s like forcing a square into a circular hole lol
    So you prefer a Dick Grayson who doesn’t care that the girl he grew up with was shot and paralyzed all because he made new friends? Yeah your version sure sounds like a real hero.

Doesn’t it make more sense that he dealt with a great deal of grief but the Titans didn’t show that because it had its own story to focus on and at the time The Killing Joke was written it was not supposed to be canon.

Let's see let's see... when the Killing Joke was first published... Dick was... with the Titans fighting Wildebeest. Bruce was fighting KGBeast.

Before that, Starfire returned from her marriage in Tamaran and started living with Dick again. Following that they're figuring out what to do with Brother Blood's child.

This was after Roy discovered he had a child with Cheshire, after Jason Todd joined the temporary Titans team lead by Donna after Dick rage quit because Kori married someone else.

Not long after, the title was turned into New Titans as the members are now 20 years old and they're trying to find out who is Donna Troy Post Crisis. One story arc after that, Tim Drake showed up.

I don't know if Barbara shows up in titles until after Tim started interning at Wayne Manor. When Joker appeared for the first time in Gotham after falling into the ocean following Jason's murder.

Well I'm looking forward to Dark crisis, can't wait to see Dick and Yara interact!!

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if Barbara shows up in titles until after Tim started interning at Wayne Manor. When Joker appeared for the first time in Gotham after falling into the ocean following Jason's murder.
    Post killing Joke I think she only shows up at Jason Funeral, was than for a while as Oracle on the Suicide Squad, and only really stated to work with the Batfamily again in the mid 90s.

DCU Guide list a few appearances in the Batbooks in between, but those might have been Flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Post killing Joke I think she only shows up at Jason Funeral, was than for a while as Oracle on the Suicide Squad, and only really stated to work with the Batfamily again in the mid 90s.

DCU Guide list a few appearances in the Batbooks in between, but those might have been Flashbacks.
    So Jason died right as New Teen Titans end, before they're retitled as New Titans.

Also... her appearance in wheelchair would depend on how long did it took to canonize Killing Joke... KJ was in April and the funeral's in December.

Dick wouldn't have any scene involving her in the hospital if they were still thinking about making it canon or not

The last months of 1988 the focus is already on Jason.

So Jason died right as New Teen Titans end, before they're retitled as New Titans.

Also... her appearance in wheelchair would depend on how long did it took to canonize Killing Joke... KJ was in April and the funeral's in December.

Dick wouldn't have any scene involving her in the hospital if they were still thinking about making it canon or not

The last months of 1988 the focus is already on Jason.
    In the 80s, DC ignored the relationship between Dick and Barbara a lot because of the controversy that arose during Batman Family, because of the age difference.
    That statement that many people use to show that Barbara only had eyes for Bruce came as a response to this controversy.

It's always one way or another whether Dick cares more about the Batfamily than the Titans or the other way around.

But I feel like the prevailing narrative, at least Post-Crisis, was he'd cheat on Kory with Babs in a heartbeat.