Page 23 of 256 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Jorge Jimenez is drawing Nightwing again.

"#Batman", too - Jimenez is staying on book for Williamson, isn't he - although not on the current arc....

Dick involved in Shadow War, even if his title doesn't cross into it? I'd take that!
    Last edited by Claude; 01-18-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea I mean the Titans have Cyborg and Tim. They have alien tech. So really why would Babs need to join ? We also have the JL. They have Multiple people who are more intelligent than Babs or Bruce. So really she isn't needed on the same level. There has always been a reason Dc never tried to get her on titans for other groups. She isn't needed because the niche already filled. Like Dinah can be both since she fills more more than Babs. Huntress has too since she never fully in Batfam to begin with.
    Babs already works intel for the titans
    The JL
    Wonderwoman privatly

She has for decades,

There is a reason why Batman prefers Oracle to cyborg
    Sir you just don’t like her but she ain’t going no where

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why work alone when you have friends who care and wasn’t to be there for you ? Unless you think that asking and accepting help is weakness? If you do you Proably don’t like Titans Robin or Nightwing stories. Man loves a good team up.

Oracle tends to work remotely she doesn’t need to go anywhere you come to her. She just dispatched the Titans becuase their closest to dick. She has contacts all over the Dceu, like Wade from Kim possible.
    Who said Nightwing has to work alone? I said Dick doesn't need a babysitter. The way the titans and Babs are presented, it feels like they are assuming the roll of babysitting Dick because for some reason he isn't able to do things on his own. Im fine with teamups, but im also tired of Dick needing Batfam or Titans to save his butt when that isn't necessary. Dick also didn't ask for help. Babs did, which is also something that is OOC for Dick. Dick has never been shy about asking for help. He would ask if he felt he absolutely needed it. He is stubborn in how he hyper focuses on his mission, not because he always wants to work alone. Dick likes to work alone as much as he likes a good team up. And as someone who DOES think Dick works better in an ensemble cast, I mean he works better with an original cast made for him that isn't shared with any other part of the DC Universe except one or two people.

I'm pointing out the fact that Dick would definitely have his bases covered, knowing he has a hit on him. There is nothing stopping him from having at least two contingencies here and, especially, knowing there are kids and innocents, he would go above and beyond to make sure it is safe. And doing a survey of the area a couple times to make sure all of his points are covered. The fact that we didn't see Dick do any of that and instead just wing it with Babs having to be the one to call in the titans and lead them, it shows a fundamental lack in understanding Dick Grayson as a character who has shown many times he is more than capable of handling a situation like this really by himself or if Babs is around, he would definitely be using her help to monitor the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Babs already works intel for the titans
    The JL
    Wonderwoman privatly

She has for decades,

There is a reason why Batman prefers Oracle to cyborg
    Sir you just don’t like her but she ain’t going no where
    When was the last time Babs has done anything that you have posted in a grand capacity? From my knowledge, the last time she worked with the League was back when the JSA was still around. The wonder woman thing was in passing no? IDK what Batman's reasoning is, but I'm sure it has more to do with familiarity. She also worked with Suicide Squad for a small amount of time, too. And up until now, i don't remember Babs really working with Titans at all in anything other than maybe a cameo appearance.
    Sir, you just like her, and she hasn't been a force to reckon with in years.

Incredible Member

Im curious. Do you guys think Tom has made Nightwing unable to handle himself without others there ?
    Not really. The Titans are protecting Dick Grayson, not Nightwing. They are helping him maintain his secret identity. If Dick survives too many assination attempts by using crazy acrobatics and beat his kidnappers with his bare hands, sooner or later someone will figure out that he's more than just a young man donating billions to the city.

I'm curious if we do get a Nightwing movie. How old would Dick be. Let's say Keaton more less continued being Batman for around 20s years. Since in rumors he retired and was gone for a while. Would Dick be in his 30s or late 20s if we have to establish a head cannon?

I'm happy to see Williamson writing Dick .

I'm curious what do you guys think. Dick Grayson belt or no belt?

The finished drawing

FJaKK9IXoAACKzJ.jpg

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the issue and really liked the Titans being there. However I would’ve liked it better had Dick been the one who set up the protective detail. Like was his plan really to go out there fully unprotected and just hope nobody would try to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and really liked the Titans being there. However I would’ve liked it better had Dick been the one who set up the protective detail. Like was his plan really to go out there fully unprotected and just hope nobody would try to kill him.
    Yea. Dick generally doesn't have no plan. He would generally have a basic idea but leave some ideas for free planning

Incredible Member

Yea. Dick generally doesn't have no plan. He would generally have a basic idea but leave some ideas for free planning
    Well that works when he can physically handle the situation but in this case, if it wasn’t for Barbara, he’d have been shot in the head and dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Well that works when he can physically handle the situation but in this case, if it wasn’t for Barbara, he’d have been shot in the head and dead.
    I been thinking about this. Often times Dick is capable but Tom seems to at times makes it seem like Dick can't handle himself. I mean you think living with Bruce he would know People will target you. This could have been written a bit better. I'm sure many people have targeted Bruce Wayne before.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-18-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Great art. Kinda feel Taylor should’ve waited on the crossover with Superman until after wrapping up the Heartless plot line but I guess we’ll see if he’s involved in the crossover in some way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I been thinking about this. Often times Dick is capable but Tom seems to at times makes it seem like Dick can't handle himself. I mean you think living with Bruce he would know People will target you. This could have been written a bit better. I'm sure many people have targeted Bruce Wayne before.
    Yeah I liked the issue, I just think it would’ve been stronger had Dick been the one to reach out to the Titans.

On a positive note I really liked Taylor’s version of the Titans and am excited to get more Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Damn right, she is the true BFF.

A Donna and Dick Issue is like the only thing that would pull me back into this run, especially if they both wear their David Bowie star shirts. I don't think being a regular would do her good, though. Maybe a regular for one arc.
    When did this happen?