Page 53 of 256 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I reacted to you saying that Taylor doesn't treat the Titans well cause he killed a z-list character from the Titans history. You were not the first to complain about it and i didn't respond to them cause i don't care if they like or not, it's their opinion.

But to me it's was funny that a character like Risk dying would have such a reaction, but it's ok.
    I specifically said "all Titans". If you've got nothing to say about the character, they don't really need to be in your story. Taylor doesn't seem to value "Titans" all that much, and neither do you, and that's fine but I would hope something as big as Dark Crisis does is all I'm saying.

I also kinda forgot Taylor is the guy famous for killing off DC characters (including Dick) in his Elseworlds stuff so that's on me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Yeah but this critique in particular is a great example of people just doing their absolute best to find something to complain about.

In a murder mystery story, fodder is necessary. Someone has to be killed. Taylor used a character literally nobody cared about. A nobody. And now we`ve got people saying " hopefully Williamson treats the Titans better Taylor does" even though just last issue he delivered a great portrayal of the Titans.

Totally cool to critique a book. But some people are just coming off as obvious haters.
    This is clearly not true since Taylor killed off two more superheroes in the issue who seem to be completely original characters. He went out of his way to kill off a Titan to kill off a Titan, so that's not a nobody. A nobody would be an unnamed character that doesn't have a publication history or any connection to Dick.

Funny thing is they didn't even need to name the character in the issue or have Dick refer to him as a Titan. I wouldn't have even noticed it was Risk otherwise, so I wouldn't have been distracted from the story lol.

Risk died? Huh. Hey, I thought he lost BOTH arms, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I specifically said "all Titans". If you've got nothing to say about the character, they don't really need to be in your story. Taylor doesn't seem to value "Titans" all that much, and neither do you, and that's fine but I would hope something as big as Dark Crisis does is all I'm saying.
    LOL wtf are you talking about? I do care about the Titans, a lot actually, but i don't care about them equally.
    I don't care about Kid Eternity the same i care about Red Devil, for example.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

I also kinda forgot Taylor is the guy famous for killing off DC characters (including Dick) in his Elseworlds stuff so that's on me lol.

This is clearly not true since Taylor killed off two more superheroes in the issue who seem to be completely original characters. He went out of his way to kill off a Titan to kill off a Titan, so that's not a nobody. A nobody would be an unnamed character that doesn't have a publication history or any connection to Dick.

Funny thing is they didn't even need to name the character in the issue or have Dick refer to him as a Titan. I wouldn't have even noticed it was Risk otherwise, so I wouldn't have been distracted from the story lol.

Yeah but by making it a Titan it’s personal to Dick and establishes stakes. Even better, it’s Titan no one cares about.

Nobody loves EVERY SINGLE Titan and your a lliar if you say you do. You can still love the franchise and the majority of its characters. Bro, why are you trying so hard to hate.

Taylor has shown the Titans great respect recently. No, I highly doubt Dark Crisis goes out of its way to show great amounts of love to characters with as giant of fan bases as Risk.

Incredible Member

I Read Williamson's interview here - https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/15/da...Cfn07T8i7cvi4g
    I liked the reference to Dick -
    "All this stuff — the idea of the generational history and the legacy characters and new characters, the sidekicks, particularly with Nightwing, becoming one of the most respected parts of the DCU — all those things are really important to me."

I really hope they won't mess it. Dick becoming one of the most respected parts of the DCU sounds like something that should have happened long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    You are calling him fodder while claiming it will make Dick more personally invested. These two things contradict each other. Also, there was no reason to kill a Titans character, Dick would have been invested no matter what, it's a murder case after all. Besides, I have never been a big fan of writers bringing back old characters just to use them as fodder.
    They don’t though. To the reader he’s fodder, to Dick he’s a Titans. It’s spice on the fodder. Rather then just being a completely unknown entity being a Titans adds an extra degree of repute and investment. Titans has a lot of bloat thats perfect for fodder. Hopefully Gnarrk is next. These aren’t characters that anyone would actually want to see in a Titans book as they only serve to distract and discredit. Not all characters are winners, but hey waste not want not. It’s this or limbo. At least now Risk is contributing something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-16-2022 at 06:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I’ll be honest I did not know who risk was but this reaction is facinating.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I’m one of those who are bothered from what happened.
    I’m a huge fans of Jurgens Titans and I’m really tired of using characters (mostly Titans) as fodder for the sake of the story.
    This book is the best Dc is publishing now but some bad habits will never end.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, thatÂ’s the kind of character that should be fodder. It also serves to make Dick more personally invested.
    And here is why I dropped my subscription today, which considering I made it through the Ric arc was a big deal for me.

The Dick Grayson I enjoy doesn't need a personal connection to be invested. He cares about people, and doesn't weigh their value based his relationship to him. He reached out to Damian, while Damian was still a cranky baby assassin, to the Run Offs just because they needed guidance, less successfully Nite-Wing and Catalina. He saved the Anarky guys. Etc.

I have a hard time seeing the Dick Grayson I appreciate as a character being OK with Hearless still running around to murder homeless people. Taking more effort to save Haley and hold a press conference (at which no one cared that innocent children could have been killed, as long as Dick was protected?) than finding the person who may well have killed many people while Dick played around. Nor does it would seem he'd be so concerned about his friend's son, when Dick's own brother is in a Death battle and just died for the 5th time.

Plus, I don't see the Dick Grayson I care about funding an anonymous organization involved in criminal activity, no matter the "agenda" of the organization. This is a guy who infiltrated a "secret" organization whose aims were supposedly "good" and "justified", but was rotten to its core. Not to mention he personally knows and is related by family ties to an eco terrorist.

Plus, the guy that effectively filled in for Batman, is highly intelligent and has an great understanding of strategy and organization. His priorities are just off.

Nightwing is my favorite character. I just want him to be the responsible, strong willed, intelligent, capable, powerful character I love to read.

So I just have to wait a few years, and re read Dixon, which is no burden.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    And here is why I dropped my subscription today, which considering I made it through the Ric arc was a big deal for me.

The Dick Grayson I enjoy doesn't need a personal connection to be invested. He cares about people, and doesn't weigh their value based his relationship to him. He reached out to Damian, while Damian was still a cranky baby assassin, to the Run Offs just because they needed guidance, less successfully Nite-Wing and Catalina. He saved the Anarky guys. Etc.

I have a hard time seeing the Dick Grayson I appreciate as a character being OK with Hearless still running around to murder homeless people. Taking more effort to save Haley and hold a press conference (at which no one cared that innocent children could have been killed, as long as Dick was protected?) than finding the person who may well have killed many people while Dick played around. Nor does it would seem he'd be so concerned about his friend's son, when Dick's own brother is in a Death battle and just died for the 5th time.

Plus, I don't see the Dick Grayson I care about funding an anonymous organization involved in criminal activity, no matter the "agenda" of the organization. This is a guy who infiltrated a "secret" organization whose aims were supposedly "good" and "justified", but was rotten to its core. Not to mention he personally knows and is related by family ties to an eco terrorist.

Plus, the guy that effectively filled in for Batman, is highly intelligent and has an great understanding of strategy and organization. His priorities are just off.

Nightwing is my favorite character. I just want him to be the responsible, strong willed, intelligent, capable, powerful character I love to read.

But he is not okay with Heartless. There is just no leads. I am sure he has tried to find him. Saying that makes Dick priorities off, is like saying Bruce`s were off during Long Halloween. He could not find the Holiday killer for an ENTIRE year and so he used his time elsewhere. Or Bruce was bad at his job because he did not drop everything until he found Simon Hurt and The Black Glove as soon as they became an issue. They have multiple threats they are dealing with at once. Dick is using his time to try and save lives but unfortunately Heartless is not able to be found at the moment.

Also, Dick does not NEED a connection to personally care about a case. But its personal when a Titan is killed. That's completely human and makes total sense.

Additionally your complaints are a little contradictory. You want a Dick Grayson who needs no personal attachment to care equally, yet your complaining he wants to help Jon instead of Damian. Based on that logic he would never have his own stories because his first priority would be to help Damian, Bruce or Babs with problems they have going on. Besides, Dick was in Robin, and it was established he trusted Damian to handle himself.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 02-16-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I must have every variant
    I wish they came as collectible postcards
    50028C34-F1A6-40D5-9607-071763B5E800.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I must have every variant
    I wish they came as collectible postcards
    50028C34-F1A6-40D5-9607-071763B5E800.jpg
    I guess the Robins workout variants were successful if they are adopting them to other books.
    But it's a great cover. And featuring Haley! I think If we include the Batgirls variants, Haley was on more covers than most DCU characters these days.

If there'll be more "stretching Variants" with more creative poses, I might just get one. I think Dick's acrobatics apart from a few go-to moves aren't appreciated enough. There's a lot more they could do visually.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post

Well said, that's a very good summary of what I see wrong with this run too, and why Dick doesn't feel like Dick to me. He's just a nice guy that needs to get swept off his feet by his hero friends because he can't handle a threat alone.

If he does something, it's not because he takes the initiative - except for the still ill-defined charity - it's because the next plot point gets dropped right in front of his nose, and then instead of following that up, Dick's just kinda there until the next plot point arrives in front of him.

Its kind of like you guys are saying he's just winging it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I guess the Robins workout variants were successful if they are adopting them to other books.
    But it's a great cover. And featuring Haley! I think If we include the Batgirls variants, Haley was on more covers than most DCU characters these days.
    I like this one better then the Robins variant Dick.