Page 24 of 256 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

I'm curious guys. While we do have the Titans book. Would Dick, Wally and Donna benefit having their own version of the trinity comic series? What would you guys want it to be about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A more realistic Looking Nightwing suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and really liked the Titans being there. However I would’ve liked it better had Dick been the one who set up the protective detail. Like was his plan really to go out there fully unprotected and just hope nobody would try to kill him.
    Well, we need Babs to do something instead of the titular character of the book .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we need Babs to do something instead of the titular character of the book .
    Yea that's my main issue Tom had to make Dick look more unable to be a hero. I do wonder how Tom could have written it better to where Babs can help without making Dick look unable to do it.

Gonna post this pre-emptively just in case, but don't expect anything for Nightwing out of the Death of the Justice League story. That's almost for sure set up for the Future State JL getting introduced.

Instead, we'll get the second part of the Wally story of Nightwing solicited in two days I think, so that's something to look forward to at least.

So far I wonder what thinks are in future state still true now that we know Batman future state isn't cannon. Since Bruce did traveling and the gang has met Jace. The JL events seem to still happen. Wonder woman's future state is now in motion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Gonna post this pre-emptively just in case, but don't expect anything for Nightwing out of the Death of the Justice League story. That's almost for sure set up for the Future State JL getting introduced.

Instead, we'll get the second part of the Wally story of Nightwing solicited in two days I think, so that's something to look forward to at least.
    Agreed - although I think Sheridan has confirmed he's on Teen Titans Academy until #15, so any relaunch after that point would be after Death Of The Justice League is up and running.

Even if the meat of the fallout and mystery of what happened is being carried by 5G characters/the Future State JL, its easy to imagine a relaunched Titans being sold as filling the void in a world without the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Agreed - although I think Sheridan has confirmed he's on Teen Titans Academy until #15, so any relaunch after that point would be after Death Of The Justice League is up and running.
    For Real? Unbelievable!
    I was hopeful that he would be out of this book already.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I might need to retract my statement a bit lol. Williamson says the JL book will be gone for longer than three months, which wouldn't be a big deal if the point was to fill its spot with a Crisis event mini, but it sounds like it's not going work that way? Apparently we'll spend some time with how heroes, villains, and civilians react to it (...and Nightwing was included as an example of a veteran hero), so maybe we will actually see something out of this. Whatever crisis thing that Williamson is building up to is apparently Act 4 of like a several act story, but the aftermath of the JL deaths is just Act 3.

A Titans book launching out of this would fit pretty well. No idea if it's really a good idea if we want to see Dick being, you know, a competent character, but maybe giving Taylor and an A-list art team the Titans would be the best move? Who knows, we'll see what happens, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I might need to retract my statement a bit lol. Williamson says the JL book will be gone for longer than three months, which wouldn't be a big deal if the point was to fill its spot with a Crisis event mini, but it sounds like it's not going work that way? Apparently we'll spend some time with how heroes, villains, and civilians react to it (...and Nightwing was included as an example of a veteran hero), so maybe we will actually see something out of this. Whatever crisis thing that Williamson is building up to is apparently Act 4 of like a several act story, but the aftermath of the JL deaths is just Act 3.

A Titans book launching out of this would fit pretty well. No idea if it's really a good idea if we want to see Dick being, you know, a competent character, but maybe giving Taylor and an A-list art team the Titans would be the best move? Who knows, we'll see what happens, I guess.
    Will that be possible between Gotham and Bludhaven this seems like the future state scenario, with him taking lead. However as one of the most veterans heroes it wouldn’t be right for him to not assisting all the newbies. Sure Yara has Donna and Jackson Garth and Meera but their are other who need help.

The titans are kinda locked down until the school is shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Will that be possible between Gotham and Bludhaven this seems like the future state scenario, with him taking lead. However as one of the most veterans heroes it wouldn’t be right for him to not assisting all the newbies. Sure Yara has Donna and Jackson Garth and Meera but their are other who need help.

It would be nice to see this reflected more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice to see this reflected more.
    Well with Diana and Arthur it should go that way, we will have to see how the Aquamen, and Trial of the Amazon events go

Spectacular Member

This was an amazing issue. Friends, foes, guest stars, villains, plot progression, love and amazing, amazing art. If only half of DC's books were this good...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Very true, but we do have to consider that at least one of the Leaguers actually lives* and comes back. Like, let's say it's Zatanna that comes back, she could easily be the one who mentors a future JL team.

On the other hand, we have teases of Dick showing up in the Batman book soon and we know Williamson is the driving force of the Death of the Justice League story and the writer of the Batman book. The Batman book has also brought back Batman Inc., so in Bruce's absence maybe we get Dick stepping up as sort of the "leader" and maybe bankroller of Batman Inc. after the whole Lex storyline? If Jace, who's in NYC at that point, is Batman and eventually going to be on the JL after this whole storyline, he needs to get brought into the fold eventually. Would be neat if he gets recruited to Batman Inc. by Dick, but I don't want to get my hopes or anyone else's up for something cool like that.

Dick will probably continue to show up with the Batfam in 'Tec which is fine, but maybe we'll get something out of the Robin book. After all, both Damian and Connor are set to lose their dads to this new storyline, so it would make sense for Dick and Roy to check-in on them at the very least. Again though, I don't expect anything.

My expectations for now is going to be a single panel of a book that Williamson is writing since he does mention Dick in his interview. As a whole though, I'm pretty excited for the DCU with this. For the first time in like forever, it's a big "event" that's not either dedicated to tearing a character down or restoring a previously torn down character lol.

*Pretty sure none of them will actually die, they'll just disappear for a while, like Barry. It's funny, Barry has been lost in a crack in the multiverse for several months now and no one from the main Earth except Avery seems to care lol.