Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Connor Hawke might finally get some love after all this. His return has been handled entirely by Williamson after all, so I think it's pretty likely that he'll be on this new team.

Besides that, I think the Monkey Prince, Robin, and Batgirls books are the only books with Asian leads at DC which is not the widest offering lol. Robin is a good book at least, and I believe in the Monkey Prince creative team so there's that.
    I have no idea what Monkey Prince is but it looks too silly for my taste. Most people I know don't even know Connor Hawke is mixed. Anyway I was thinking more of the likes of Dr. Light, Shiva, Cheshire, Kong Kenan and Tai Pham but I guess none of them are popular enough to hold their own title, still I would like to see them in the spotlight again and pushed outside of comics too.

Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Honestly, as much as I like the Titans, they are a jr Justice League. They will always be considered the B team. Its not like the X-Men compared to the Avengers. The Titans are regarded as the sidekick team to the general public. And tbh they kind of are. They have no mission statement and have not had single good run since Wolman/Perez 35 yrs ago. While I would prefer they still remain friends, I think it would greatly benefit Dick to move away from the team all together. Either join League or a different team with an actual mission statement. The Titans books do nothing but hold the generation back from doing grander things.

Obviously no one other than the main 7 stay on the League permanently so Dick can always go back to the Titans if he needs to. Or even serve on both. But joining the League does not devalue the Titans because your worst case scenario is already the reality.
    That perception is largely due to DC derailing any Titans comic run during the 00's and the '10's. Otherwise, they've always had world building elements unique to them like the Trigon, Citadel, Gordaninans, Deathstroke, Cheshire, Brother Blood, the Titans of Myth and so many others. They may have started off as 'JL Jr' but they definitely outgrew it only to get shoved back in and later thrown off the tracks.

I also question how much the public perception is of them as 'Justice League Jr'. The most popular version of the Teen Titans is still the 2003 version. The only members of that roster who is a sidekick are Robin and Beast Boy. It's so popular that Millenial and Gen Z audiences still cosplay and create fan art and tribute to those characters, Gabriel Picolo's version of TT based off of the 2003 version is getting official DC books to work on and it's grown into it's own little micro culture online. The Titans show is horrible but it still gets rating because there is a huge pre established fan base for these characters who desperately wants to see them in some form. CN even revived TT as Teen Titans Go and it's turned into one of DC's longest running shows.

Feel like putting Dick on the JL and not attempting to push the Titans would be a mistake. If benching the League and making the Titans the premiere team still doesn’t get people to care about that team than you might as well retire that team completely imo. Let Nightwing form a new team with a new name with a few of the Titans (I’m thinking Starfire, Raven, and Donna, maybe Cyborg).

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally wish DC would try to push some of their Asian characters as well, but I guess I'm asking for too much.
    I miss Kenan, wish he was getting the push over the others, but what can you do?
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That perception is largely due to DC derailing any Titans comic run during the 00's and the '10's. Otherwise, they've always had world building elements unique to them like the Trigon, Citadel, Gordaninans, Deathstroke, Cheshire, Brother Blood, the Titans of Myth and so many others. They may have started off as 'JL Jr' but they definitely outgrew it only to get shoved back in and later thrown off the tracks.

I also question how much the public perception is of them as 'Justice League Jr'. The most popular version of the Teen Titans is still the 2003 version. The only members of that roster who is a sidekick are Robin and Beast Boy. It's so popular that Millenial and Gen Z audiences still cosplay and create fan art and tribute to those characters, Gabriel Picolo's version of TT based off of the 2003 version is getting official DC books to work on and it's grown into it's own little micro culture online. The Titans show is horrible but it still gets rating because there is a huge pre established fan base for these characters who desperately wants to see them in some form. CN even revived TT as Teen Titans Go and it's turned into one of DC's longest running shows.
    My younger sibling is obsessed with TTG. I know fans of the 2003 version love to hate on it but it's really popular with kids however I wonder why DC never bothered to try to continue or reboot the 2003 version. It obviously still has a lot of fans and would most likely be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I miss Kenan, wish he was getting the push over the others, but what can you do?
    Yeah, I was starting to warm up to him but now he is nowhere to be found.

Extraordinary Member

Being on the JL doesn’t mean anything aside from saying you were a
    Memeber. We just saw Naomi and newbie and Black
    Adam former villain join for promotional purposes.