Page 131 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If only Babs knew then...

(Has she ever gotten along with his other girlfriends? I don't think so).
    In the older comics, don't know which, they made her jealous and suspicious of Starfire, as Oracle, when Starfire didn't know Oracle's identity and thought it's a guy. She's also, more reasonably, suspicious of Helena and Tarantula.

In Rebirth, she's heartbroken but fine with Shawn and friends with Helena (both of them are not dating him at the time)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-25-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A while ago Hush changed his face to look like Dick. Did DC ever follow up on that story? In case they did... where? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    A while ago Hush changed his face to look like Dick. Did DC ever follow up on that story? In case they did... where? Thanks in advance
    Nope, it was only for that wedding one shot Seeley did so I don’t think it was ever planned to be a big deal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Batman Family 13 (1977)
    Attachment 122168
    So Dick treated Babs the same way as Donna Troy back then? He actually told Donna "I Love You" on her wedding day in the 80s - he meant like a sister, which is what he describes Babs as here.
    she tried to deny it, but sometimes she couldn't.
    Attachment 122181
    Attachment 122182
    I assume Dick was about 18 here, as he turned 20 early in New Teen Titans. If Babs was 25 that makes her seven years his senior. Before Flashpoint, I'd guess both were about 10 years older. Their ages were synchronised to 21 when New 52 happened (which means Doctor Manhattan stole more than the advertised decade from her). They've aged up again now, matching how old Dick would've been - but in light of how old Roy Harper's daughter is now (Roy being the same age as Dick, and Lian being born in NTT), they really ought to have aged up to Barbara's original age instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Dick treated Babs the same way as Donna Troy back then? He actually told Donna "I Love You" on her wedding day in the 80s - he meant like a sister, which is what he describes Babs as here.
    I assume Dick was about 18 here, as he turned 20 early in New Teen Titans. If Babs was 25 that makes her seven years his senior. Before Flashpoint, I'd guess both were about 10 years older. Their ages were synchronised to 21 when New 52 happened (which means Doctor Manhattan stole more than the advertised decade from her). They've aged up again now, matching how old Dick would've been - but in light of how old Roy Harper's daughter is now (Roy being the same age as Dick, and Lian being born in NTT), they really ought to have aged up to Barbara's original age instead.
    The thing with Lian could very well be multiverse shenanigans, as she died and returned. Black canary recently imagined her as a little girl when she imagined her family, so she's not supposed to be a teen. It seems like aging her up was just for her to be a useable character in either Catwoman or TTA, but at the end it didn't really work out.
    It seems DC are keeping the batfamily ages intentionally vague (and Zadarsky and Snyder even admitted the Robins ages doesn't make sense), but I'd probably say Dick and Babs are late twenties to thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the older comics, don't know which, they made her jealous and suspicious of Starfire, as Oracle, when Starfire didn't know Oracle's identity and thought it's a guy. She's also, more reasonably, suspicious of Helena and Tarantula.

In Rebirth, she's heartbroken but fine with Shawn and friends with Helena (both of them are not dating him at the time)
    Well, she never had to actually interact with Shawn and there's always a bit of tension with Helena over Dick (although more pronounced Post-Crisis than Rebirth).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she never had to actually interact with Shawn and there's always a bit of tension with Helena over Dick (although more pronounced Post-Crisis than Rebirth).
    In Rebirth they dated, but Seeley was ordered to take her out of the comic.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah, he was 18 and Babs 25 in the Batman Family series

Dick was 20 during his Tamaran trip for Starfire's arranged marriage. He's already Nightwing at the time.
    After he got back, Roy found out about Lian, Jason joined a temporary NTT team and later died when both he and Tim were 13.
    Tim was 3 when Dick was 10 and the Graysons died in the 1987-1989 origin, but later Jason's age of death is made to be 15, giving an extra 2 years between his time in NTT and his death, and aging Dick automatically alongside him.

Tim was 17 and Damian was 10 at the end of Post Crisis, making Lian 6-7 years old when she died, and if we're following that age gap + Damian's aging, she should be 10-11 now

That said I think now they're using the timeline where Jon Kent was born 12 years ago, making her older than 12.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tim was 17 and Damian was 10 at the end of Post Crisis, making Lian 6-7 years old when she died, and if we're following that age gap + Damian's aging, she should be 10-11 now
    I think she was officially only 5.

Her current age in the comics doesn't make much sense, since that would put Dick, Roy and co into their mid 30s.

Damian's ageing is also iffy, since no one else in the Batman franchises (and I don't thin even in the entire DCU) seems to have aged naturally 4 years since Flashpoint.

Tim, Steph, Cass and Duke seem all still seem to be around the same age they were when Damian was 10.

In Rebirth they dated, but Seeley was ordered to take her out of the comic.
    was he? I always thought he was told to wrap up his run due to a change in rebirth narrative and he was leaving the comic? Because he always intended to return to Grayson content and bring in Helena.

He was actually 17! Atleast according to an interview by the author.

Dick outright said he was 19 in NTT #37. He quit being the Robin in #39 and debuted as Nightwing in #44.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

No, his relationship with Donna was always 100% platonic. He outright compares his crush on Babs as akin to a student crushing on their High School teacher in the post you quoted. He didn't have feelings for her initially but his feelings for her bloomed over time.

Later, Post Crisis writers (especially Devin Grayson and Chuck Dixon) would selectively retcon their history to make it so that Dick and Babs were always attracted to each other and thus none of their other romances were valid.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nope, it was only for that wedding one shot Seeley did so I don’t think it was ever planned to be a big deal.
    Thank you for updating me.

Also I like that Dick has a thing for women older than him but I prefer him being with Huntress over Barbara.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thank you for updating me.

Also I like that Dick has a thing for women older than him but I prefer him being with Huntress over Barbara.
    Helena was kinda wild but it never felt built to last.