Page 28 of 256 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

I don't think that Flash situation is a good example at all. It doesn't look like DC is capable of having both Barry and Wally active at the same time, let alone on the same team/book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m thinking post DotJL that the Titans temporarily take over as the premiere superhero team for a bit until the Crisis, after which we’ll get a take on the FS JL. That would give Dick a chance to shine in a big way, and be a chance at reviving the Titans who have struggled for so long being in the shadow of the JL.
    That would be cool.

The mourning process Williamson talked about in his interview is probably the bulk of those three months. So maybe the Titans are going to stand beside some other teams to hash out how to proceed with the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Batman and Nightwing could work together on the JL, but it’s not particularly appealing. It wouldn’t break the setting or impede anything though. And probably even less of an issue when it come to Babs and Dick or Babs and Bruce. As Babs has available alternative operational methods and is a female.

That’s being said, this isn’t a team book. The idea here isn’t about creating a roster from various franchises based off of ability to match up against overpowered threats. This idea that the likes of Bruce, Dick, and Babs now all of a sudden don’t work if they are together is disproven by their very existence. You guys moved the goalposts here.
    This isn't a team book and yet you want Babs to be a major player in every arc, alright.

As if we haven't complained about team-ups between Bats not working in this thread before. They only work if they actually do something different than the other without diminishing each other's skills.

If that's not what happens, we get things like the Urban Legends Grifter story where Dick is incompetent again or the Batman Annual that forces a conflict of morals between Bruce and Dick that makes no sense in the first place.

Babs could bring something to Blüdhaven Dick doesn't have. She is a former Congresswoman, which means she could be in a political game of wits with Blockbuster or Melinda while Dick investigates by means more suited to him, but Congresswoman Babs is still getting the boot. She has greater skills as a hacker, but where are those skills? Oracle isn't even able to read an encrypted FBI file in this run, and even working together she and Dick aren't skilled enough to break into the house of Blüdhaven's mayor.

What Babs does is call the Titans, go out with Haley, tell Dick some vague stuff he should know himself and that's it.

There is no difference between their skill sets right now. They are both written like 17-year-olds with minimal life experience. Babs is just afforded more self and situational awareness.

Trying to save a city that’s even more beyond saving than Gotham is no small task, and even someone like Nightwing needs a day off to relax with his best friend and to recharge—but when your best friend is Wally West, a.k.a. the Flash, a “recharge” might not end up being so relaxing!
    They are still pretending this is a thing? Even after #87?

Blüdhaven has never pretended to be cozier than right now. After all, its citizens aren't the problem. They are the good people! Except when they appear outside of the main Nightwing title.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This isn't a team book and yet you want Babs to be a major player in every arc, alright.

As if we haven't complained about team-ups between Bats not working in this thread before. They only work if they actually do something different than the other without diminishing each other's skills.

If that's not what happens, we get things like the Urban Legends Grifter story where Dick is incompetent again or the Batman Annual that forces a conflict of morals between Bruce and Dick that makes no sense in the first place.

Babs could bring something to Blüdhaven Dick doesn't have. She is a former Congresswoman, which means she could be in a political game of wits with Blockbuster or Melinda while Dick investigates by means more suited to him, but Congresswoman Babs is still getting the boot. She has greater skills as a hacker, but where are those skills? Oracle isn't even able to read an encrypted FBI file in this run, and even working together she and Dick aren't skilled enough to break into the house of Blüdhaven's mayor.

What Babs does is call the Titans, go out with Haley, tell Dick some vague stuff he should know himself and that's it.

There is no difference between their skill sets right now. They are both written like 17-year-olds with minimal life experience. Babs is just afforded more self and situational awareness.

She’s his girlfriend. She is not in his book for her skill set. Babs being with him doesn’t make this a team book anymore then Robin makes Batman a team book, or Lois makes Superman a team book. This isn’t trying to group the Robins together, characters not created to complement one another but to replace the other, but Dick and Babs. Characters literally created to work with Batman and each other. Making it famous. Trying to argue it doesn’t work after decades of proof otherwise is just silly.
    They don’t have issues like breaking the power scale of the others setting. This isn’t the JL. These characters aren’t around each other for their skill set anymore the Watson is around Holmes for his. They thrive in the same settings, and were created to work next to each other in such capacity and done so for decades. It’s a little late to try to ague they don’t work when together at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2022 at 02:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Batman and Nightwing could work together on the JL, but it’s not particularly appealing. It wouldn’t break the setting or impede anything though. And probably even less of an issue when it come to Babs and Dick or Babs and Bruce. As Babs has available alternative operational methods and is a female.

That’s being said, this isn’t a team book. The idea here isn’t about creating a roster from various franchises based off of ability to match up against overpowered threats. This idea that the likes of Bruce, Dick, and Babs now all of a sudden don’t work if they are together is disproven by their very existence. You guys moved the goalposts here.
    I wasn't moving goalposts. I just wanted to mention that Barbara and Dick still have some limitations, since they could feel redundant in a team book outside Gotham (or Batman editorial).

I wasn't trying to apply this to Nightwing book. Even if I don't care about Dick x Barbara, I think the couple can work in Nightwing book. As you say, this isn't a team book.

PS: That said, you're right that Barbara has different abilities from Dick, so the comparison with Batman and Nightwing in JL wasn't right.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-21-2022 at 03:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    What I mean by "featured" is actively being part of certain adventures.

For example, Batgirls shows Dick and Barbara are in a relationship. Dick doesn't need to be in every arc as an actually featured character, who progresses the plot, to show that they are in a relationship. The same thing should apply to Babs appearing in Nightwing.
    It would if she wasn’t his girlfriend.

Extraordinary Member

Babs is as important to the Batgirls book as Dick is to the current Teen Titans book. That book is about Steph and Cass. Babs isn’t even actively being part of the adventures there.
    Being in the field is not the only way to contribute. Don’t diminish what she does out of the suit.

Dear Grayson

https://imgur.com/fwwdAlq

I miss Dick and Damian's interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Being in the field is not the only way to contribute. Don’t diminish what she does out of the suit.
    Thing is she not doing anything out of the suit in Batgirls either. Both as Batgirl and Oracle she’s not doing anything. She’s dismissed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not gonna lie, this team-up might be my favorite thing about Nightwing's run so far lol I just really missed Dick and Wally.
    It also would be nice to see Damian but I have to catch up with his comic first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It seems that so far Nightwing is Comixology's bestseller of the week -
    https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Ooh good for him

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m thinking post DotJL that the Titans temporarily take over as the premiere superhero team for a bit until the Crisis, after which we’ll get a take on the FS JL. That would give Dick a chance to shine in a big way, and be a chance at reviving the Titans who have struggled for so long being in the shadow of the JL.
    Wonder if that means we're for sure getting a main Titans book.

Incredible Member

A proper Titans re launch could go a long way in re establishing Dick as the "head' of the Bat family...and the super hero community in general. Bruce is the feared, legendary founder... but is widely... and correctly seen as damaged in some fundamental ways (he still gets the job done, of course. ) I have always seen the adult Dick not as Batman-lite...but Batman without Bruces limitations, capable of friendship, empathy, tactical skills, and leadership. Bruce would always "own " the franchise, but Dick, by rising to the task with a Titans team (Fab 5, plus others), could establish calm, cool leadership, and cohesion. I doubt the Future slate of heroes is going to have much permanent impact... the status quo will largely return. But Dick, Donna, Wally and Garth can step into the vacuum, and re establish themselves. The bat family would rally to Nightwing's leadership, and the new kids would have some continuity to lean on.

If you had it in your power to get a new nightwing comic that isn't directly tied to the batfam or titans what comic would you want. By that I mean they aren't the main cast members. I would love to see a team up book. Dick fighting crime with different hero. For a Batfam comic I honestly would like one with Tim or Dick or Dick and Jason. If I had to have a Titans one Donna or Wally

I'm curious to you guys who is Dick's closest friends Wally or Donna?

Nightwing #89 first look.
    Interesting that his New 52 costume makes an appearence.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...k-nightwing-89
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Chronologically wouldn't he be wearing his blue suit again here? Since everyone else is in their Rebirth designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Chronologically wouldn't he be wearing his blue suit again here? Since everyone else is in their Rebirth designs.
    He went back to use the red suit in Titans Hunt, so you can put this somewhere between Titans Hunt and Nightwing Rebirth, if you really want.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.