Page 145 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think back to the last Christmas special when dick was a hallucinating and said there was a costume Babs doesn’t wear anymore “he’s asked multiple times”. I’m realizing they be doing some kinky stuff

Like father like son
    Wasn't it implied to be the classic Batgirl costume?

Who wouldn't want Babs to wear that again ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't it implied to be the classic Batgirl costume?

Who wouldn't want Babs to wear that again ?
    No it was her no mask one

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Continuing last month's discussion on Dick and Kara's age in World's Finest, the new preview may provide an explanation
    20220716_091002.jpg
    Sealing Kara with Nezha until now that Nezha escapes to attack Bruce and Damian
    Before Dark Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Continuing last month's discussion on Dick and Kara's age in World's Finest, the new preview may provide an explanation
    20220716_091002.jpg
    Sealing Kara with Nezha until now that Nezha escapes to attack Bruce and Damian
    Before Dark Crisis
    Maybe. Seems like everyone is wanting to sacrifice themselves which tells me no one will.

Well, it’s set in the prime continuity so yeah none of those guys will die.

Maybe. Seems like everyone is wanting to sacrifice themselves which tells me no one will.
    Yeah, it would need to be someone who hasn't appeared at all since the 1960s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A lot of people in this forum don't like Everything is Canon so Canon Question

Haly's Circus, Talon talent scout, yes or no?

(William Cobb and C.C. Haly's involvement are separate questions)

a gigantic NO

I don't like it, it's too edgy. Dick's life at the circus shouldn't be a life he was saved from

Honestly in hindsight I don't think anyone really cared for it that much.

Astonishing Member

Honestly in hindsight I don't think anyone really cared for it that much.
    It fits for a darker New 52 world where the Joker cuts his face off, and you can proceed on the assumption that opening a reboot with this "new" backstory means that something is going to be eventually done with it...

All these years later, with the end of the - for lack of a better term - "Snyderverse" of Bat Titles and not one good story coming from it?

Yeah, scrap it.

(Wouldn't hate it as a movie plot, where these things are more contained though.)

Incredible Member

I was not a fan when it was initially introduced but in hindsight it does present the opportunity to introduce Dick in other media with a more modern origin. If the next Batman film deals with the Court, it makes a lot of sense that Bruce would take in and save a kid who was talented enough to be target by the Court.

4 no 1 yes (including Badou below) (anybody else can still answer)

Then the separate question

William Cobb can still be his ancestor even if Haly's Circus have no involvement with The Court? (You'll have to make up a new lore but have complete freedom within that parameter)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-18-2022 at 01:53 PM.

The problem with the story is that it isn't a good Dick Grayson story. It is very much a Bruce centered story, which makes sense as it is a story that was created for Bruce and the Batman book and not Nightwing, but when you have a story like this that changes so much of a character's history and origin you really need it to be a GREAT story to make the change worth it. Here it was not worth it for Dick even though the story itself was very successful. Dick is kind of just a supporting character when he should have been more than that if it was going to retcon so much of his history. His most noteworthy part in it was getting punched by Bruce to knock out his tooth. Not great. Then in the decade since the story happened there hasn't been even a decent Dick focused Court of Owls story, every time the Court is adapted in other media Dick is used very poorly in it or isn't even the focus, and since it happened William Cobb has failed to become an interesting villain or character. He's kind of a nobody.

If it was this great defining story for Dick then I'd obviously be for it sticking around, but so far nothing from it has really benefited the character. I feel like people look at it and think of what the story could have been over what it actually was for Dick specifically.

I say keep it! Just refine it over time to fit better.

Believe it or not the court of owls is still the biggest thing dick has that can hit the mainstream hard. Grayson is gone so the court is the only thing dick has that can go beyond just street level!!

I can see a dc investing in a big court of owls Nightwing event!! An event that's not just his book but the entire batverse or hell a DC sized Nightwing event.

The potential is there with the court!! I can't see that with Blockbuster or anything else with Nightwing as the lead. Their to small in scale to have any impact outside of dicks own book.

So I'd keep the court because of it's potential.