Page 33 of 256 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Bruce and Clark have been active for 15-20 years in current continuity and Dick and Roy started not too long after them. Totally possible for Roy to have a pre/early teen daughter now. Weird to think of Lian as that old, but the OG Titans should all be creeping up on thirty, if not already over the line.

At least comic wise, DC is pushing out a lot more Grayson content as of late. Its the best time to be a Nightwing than it has been in A LONG time.
    Damn straight. I finally got to the LCS last weekend and grabbed 87, 88, and the annual. Got distracted by the whole death of the League thing, but I enjoyed the hell out of all of three issues. I'm not even hating the DickBabs dynamic and I usually feel like they bring out the worst in each other. 87's layout was brilliant, as visually engaging as Yang and Reis' first Batman-Superman issue (the one with the filmstrip gimmick) and cinematic af. Annual had a nice, solid story; nothing exceptional but well executed. And I liked how the Titans and Terrific were used in 88. Maybe some of the Titans should just officially be moved into Dick's supporting cast. We talk about the lack of a consistent cast in his book but who fits the role better than the likes of Donna, Kori, Vic, etc? As long as they don't overstep the support role, in the same way Babs shouldn't.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Maybe some of the Titans should just officially be moved into Dick's supporting cast. We talk about the lack of a consistent cast in his book but who fits the role better than the likes of Donna, Kori, Vic, etc? As long as they don't overstep the support role, in the same way Babs shouldn't.
    Seeley had built a pretty interesting supporting cast for Nightwing in Rebirth but it didn't last. There are several characters that I wish would reappear like Amy, Helena, Midnighter, Shawn, Tiger, Jonathan Law and Spyral as an organization.
    As for the Titans, I would like to see Donna more often, so I would vote for her but of course there is the risk of writers abusing it and making her appear every time to save Dick, so I think someone without superpowers is probably a better option, maybe someone like Roy, but I have no idea what he is up to or someone like Jericho to re-establish Dick's former history with Deathstroke and last time Jericho also had a boyfriend, so DC might as well add him too.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Seeley had built a pretty interesting supporting cast for Nightwing in Rebirth but it didn't last. There are several characters that I wish would reappear like Amy, Helena, Midnighter, Shawn, Tiger, Jonathan Law and Spyral as an organization.
    OMG! I miss Amy so much. Hope she's brought back soon.

As for the Titans, I would like to see Donna more often, so I would vote for her but of course there is the risk of writers abusing it and making her appear every time to save Dick, so I think someone without superpowers is probably a better option, maybe someone like Roy, but I have no idea what he is up to or someone like Jericho to re-establish Dick's former history with Deathstroke and last time Jericho also had a boyfriend, so DC might as well add him too.
    Heck, I'd even settle for Grant Wilson (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-27-2022 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

I was excited when titans were using Amy, but they killed her three episodes in

It kinda says something about SPyral as a whole that no writer has been intrested in it. The organization has no weight in DC. Huntress has completely abandoned it.

I belive midnighter is a part of the Superman in space story.

Deathstroke is leading his own adventures he is not available, (the true breakout star of teen titans)

Bendis took control over everything spy related in DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He did but no one was following up on Spyral. Somone should be focusing on espionage in the DC world and then it needs to be made consistent through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    yeah from the recent run I'd say they are about 8-10, they got super aged up from babies Pre-flashpoint (the lightning saga) until Wally stabilized their ages.
    Makes sense though, as Impulse has a similar origin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He did but no one was following up on Spyral. Somone should be focusing on espionage in the DC world and then it needs to be made consistent through the years.
    Grayson followed up on Spyral and then not that long after Grayson Bendis followed up as part of his over all spy stuff. Spoiler! He destroyed it. Here’s the thing. When a creator like Bendis, one of DCs highest paid creators, is doing something with something, its not just openly available anymore. Someone is focusing on espionage in the DC world, Bendis. Who destroyed agencies like Spyral in an effort to streamline and consolidate espionage in DC’s world.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-27-2022 at 06:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Grayson followed up on Spyral and then not that long after Grayson Bendis followed up as part of his over all spy stuff. Spoiler! He destroyed it. Here’s the thing. When a creator like Bendis, one of DCs highest paid creators, is doing something with something, its not just openly available anymore. Someone is focusing on espionage in the DC world, Bendis. Who destroyed agencies like Spyral in an effort to streamline and consolidate espionage in DC’s world.

In fairness, Bendis used Tiger and wanted to use Dick in that story - Spyral got a better showing than most. It's just that after Event Leviathan things started to... Go off beam a bit.

This "spy organisation tidy-up" storyline seems cursed - 'Grayson' couldn't get through it either!

Yeah as stated, it was all Bendis, so you can't use that as an example. He had Huntress step into his Leviathan story in place of Dick because Dick was Ric at the time, too, so you can't really put all that on him either.

Now Lois has a brand new little brother last I heard, he felt quite a lot like a Dick Grayson expy but oh well lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yeah as stated, it was all Bendis, so you can't use that as an example. He had Huntress step into his Leviathan story in place of Dick because Dick was Ric at the time, too, so you can't really put all that on him either.

Now Lois has a brand new little brother last I heard, he felt quite a lot like a Dick Grayson expy but oh well lol.
    Like new new ? Suprised he’s not a solider

Leo Lane was even compared to Nightwing in terms of abilities.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I'm still not fully ready to discard my theory that Dick/Ric was the original plan to be Leviathan - either under his own steam utilising spy craft to bring everyone under one tent and take a different attitude to crime fighting, or as some artifact of his brain damage at the time.

Rather than it being a mystery the solution to which was someone who hadn't appeared in the run before.

Unfortunately for everything spy related in DC...

Now Lois has a brand new little brother last I heard
    , he felt quite a lot like a Dick Grayson expy but oh well lol.
    I'm expecting this character to fade into limbo as soon as they popped up out of nowhere.

I could be wrong, but it feels like Bendis messed up a lot of things and then just left? Is Bendis really still such a big deal that DC trusted him this much? I'm glad I missed his time at DC because it doesn't look like I would enjoy most of his work