Page 29 of 256 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He went back to use the red suit in Titans Hunt, so you can put this somewhere between Titans Hunt and Nightwing Rebirth, if you really want.
    Your right, and it was bugging me too.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    A proper Titans re launch could go a long way in re establishing Dick as the "head' of the Bat family...and the super hero community in general. Bruce is the feared, legendary founder... but is widely... and correctly seen as damaged in some fundamental ways (he still gets the job done, of course. ) I have always seen the adult Dick not as Batman-lite...but Batman without Bruces limitations, capable of friendship, empathy, tactical skills, and leadership. Bruce would always "own " the franchise, but Dick, by rising to the task with a Titans team (Fab 5, plus others), could establish calm, cool leadership, and cohesion. I doubt the Future slate of heroes is going to have much permanent impact... the status quo will largely return. But Dick, Donna, Wally and Garth can step into the vacuum, and re establish themselves. The bat family would rally to Nightwing's leadership, and the new kids would have some continuity to lean on.
    I don't believe dc is going through all this infinite Frontier, death of the justice league and a 5th generation all so the Titans can get the push! This is clearly for a new generation justice league team.

I still hate the red suit with a passion, so I'm going to ignore that it was ever a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious to you guys who is Dick's closest friends Wally or Donna?
    For me it's both but currently I would say it's just Wally because I don't remember any significant moments between Donna and Dick except I missed something in the last few years but I wish they would bring their friendship back, we don't get a cross-sex friendship that often in comics and I miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I don't believe dc is going through all this infinite Frontier, death of the justice league and a 5th generation all so the Titans can get the push! This is clearly for a new generation justice league team.
    I agree, seeing all these new characters and DC trying to put out comics for them despite them selling poorly (correct me if I'm wrong), tells me they are trying to push for something, so I think they will eventually be the new JL or they have something planned for them outside of comics.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-21-2022 at 07:52 PM.

Yea future state JL is suppose to happen but the issue people are tired of them killing characters since they are overdone. Dc is really running out of ideas. In terms of Titans being pushed I doubt it. Dc has given up. They do the bare work. If anything the closest thing is that the titans will crossover with the new JL

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea future state JL is suppose to happen but the issue people are tired of them killing characters since they are overdone. Dc is really running out of ideas. In terms of Titans being pushed I doubt it. Dc has given up. They do the bare work. If anything the closest thing is that the titans will crossover with the new JL
    Nightwing and wally flash get usurped by a bunch of rookies. That would suck as far as there status goes both in and out of verse.

He went back to use the red suit in Titans Hunt, so you can put this somewhere between Titans Hunt and Nightwing Rebirth, if you really want.
    Okay, I guess that checks out....

Incredible Member

I can't believe Sheridan is still writing TTA. The book is a trainwreck.
    Dick and the Titans are portrayed as idiots and incompetent there, and in the new preview actually called "aging sidekicks".

I really can't get DC. why are they degrading their own brand in their own book?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Dick and the Titans are portrayed as idiots and incompetent there, and in the new preview actually called "aging sidekicks".

I really can't get DC. why are they degrading their own brand in their own book?
    I mean they allow stuff like that even Batman and Superman, so what do you expect?

Nightwing #89 first look.
    Interesting that his New 52 costume makes an appearence.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...k-nightwing-89
    Now that Dick is back in blue it’s so odd seeing him in red. I don’t hate it but I never loved him in red, prefer all the Robins get their own color.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, the continuity doesn't exactly lineup with the red suit here. It is the red suit right at the start of the New 52 as well which only lasted until Death of the Family I think? Still, this is about as good as they could have done with retconning Dick having met kid Jon. Since he never got to meet him before now. I wouldn't mind most of the issue being about him meeting kid Jon over spending time with teen Jon in the present, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, the continuity doesn't exactly lineup with the red suit here. It is the red suit right at the start of the New 52 as well which only lasted until Death of the Family I think? Still, this is about as good as they could have done with retconning Dick having met kid Jon. Since he never got to meet him before now. I wouldn't mind most of the issue being about him meeting kid Jon over spending time with teen Jon in the present, lol.
    He went back to the Eddy Barrows suit in Titans Hunt, not the Brett Booth one.
    You can place this after Titans Hunt, like if he was in the time between existing Spyral and becoming Nightwing full time. That would "explain" why he still using his old suit and Bruce his Rebirth suit, since Bruce already has the Rebirth suit during the conversation that Dick had with in the Nightwing Rebirth One-shot before he revealed his blue costume.

But i think we are putting more time into this than the creators, they probably choose the red suit just to give a homage to that era.

Last edited by Drako; 01-22-2022 at 05:22 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing and wally flash get usurped by a bunch of rookies. That would suck as far as there status goes both in and out of verse.
    You can blame diddo for that,
    He wasted all that time. Now it’s 2022 and we can’t justify all of Dicks or Tim’s friends stepping up since their teams are all white. That’s a huge part of it. So sales are not gonna matter for the line up. Naomi and Black Adam were not on the last lineup due to popularity or sales but to promote their tv and films and boost recognizability

There is no fixing the JL at this point

He went back to the Eddy Barrows suit in Titans Hunt, not the Brett Booth one.
    You can place this after Titans Hunt, like if he was in the time between existing Spyral and becoming Nightwing full time. That would "explain" why he still using his old suit and Bruce his Rebirth suit, since Bruce already has the Rebirth suit during the conversation that Dick had with in the Nightwing Rebirth One-shot before he revealed his blue costume.

But i think we are putting more time into this than the creators, they probably choose the red suit just to give a homage to that era.

Ah, Titans Hunt...that was a thing.

I really don't want a Big 7 legacy junior Justice League, but if Dick and Wally get their due and are put on the roster then I'll accept the rest of the Titans getting ignored.

My preference would be for Cyborg to return to the League too, especially a next generation one like this might be. But if Dick and Wally both get proper respect from DC, I won't push my luck.

That's all I'm asking; use Nightwing instead of Jace. Use Wally instead of, or in addition to, Kid Quick (who I definitely wanna see more of, but not at the expense of Wally being treated properly). I know that doesn't work with DC's diversity quota, but I'm not reading a story where a rookie like Jace gets the call to the big leagues instead of Nightwing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really don't want a Big 7 legacy junior Justice League, but if Dick and Wally get their due and are put on the roster then I'll accept the rest of the Titans getting ignored.

My preference would be for Cyborg to return to the League too, especially a next generation one like this might be. But if Dick and Wally both get proper respect from DC, I won't push my luck.

That's all I'm asking; use Nightwing instead of Jace. Use Wally instead of, or in addition to, Kid Quick (who I definitely wanna see more of, but not at the expense of Wally being treated properly). I know that doesn't work with DC's diversity quota, but I'm not reading a story where a rookie like Jace gets the call to the big leagues instead of Nightwing.
    I get where you're coming from but dc didn't create all these new legacy characters, a 5th generation! Just so characters that's been in the background for like decades can get a push.

The death of the justice league is clearly about a new big 6 of legacy characters, the next generation justice league/ big 6. People that don't see this and think characters like blue Beetle or captain atom or going to get the push are fooling themselves.

Hopefully cyborg can get the martian manhunter 7th spot to the new legacy big 6.