Page 91 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm maybe just use Cheyenne Freemont more?
    It be nice to see her again but I respect her decision to not engage in the hero world
    Also we don’t talk about tentacle monster jason

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Batman #126 cover by Jimenez

Looks like things are getting serious already.

Looking forward to Zdarsky writing Dick, even if I am sick of Nightwing constantly getting dragged over to Gotham City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    See, DC, when you're not allowing Bruce to marry Selina or date Talia, in this story of Batman's Doomsday, Dick has to fill in for Lois
    Hah!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

See, DC, when you're not allowing Bruce to marry Selina or date Talia, in this story of Batman's Doomsday, Dick has to fill in for Lois
    He’s been in that role since his debut

Nice cover. I hope the story is gonna be as good as this is. Let's see if we missed out when Zdarsky declined to write Dick.

Smh though at Dick being back in Gotham once again while he can't be called into Shadow War as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He’s been in that role since his debut
    Which is Kinda a problem when you're no longer a sidekick and suppose to be your own hero now right!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nice cover. I hope the story is gonna be as good as this is. Let's see if we missed out when Zdarsky declined to write Dick.

Smh though at Dick being back in Gotham once again while he can't be called into Shadow War as backup.
    I kind of get why Dick wasn't in Shadow war. The entire premise of Dark crisis #2 is Dick fighting Deathstroke, it wouldn't be so as exciting to see the two fighting if Dick already tagged along with Batman and Robin and played second fiddle to them when they try to hunt Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I kind of get why Dick wasn't in Shadow war. The entire premise of Dark crisis #2 is Dick fighting Deathstroke, it wouldn't be so as exciting to see the two fighting if Dick already tagged along with Batman and Robin and played second fiddle to them when they try to hunt Deathstroke.
    It might make narrative sense to keep Dick out of SW depending on what DC #2 is going to do, but Dick appearing in SW wouldn't lower my excitement. It would only fuel it.

DC has ignored the Nightwing-Deathstroke rivalry for so long, ignoring it one more time to then make them fight while Slade is not quite himself according to solicitations just seems like a missed opportunity to me rather than a strike of genius.

Incredible Member

It might make narrative sense to keep Dick out of SW depending on what DC #2 is going to do, but Dick appearing in SW wouldn't lower my excitement. It would only fuel it.

DC has ignored the Nightwing-Deathstroke rivalry for so long, ignoring it one more time to then make them fight while Slade is not quite himself according to solicitations just seems like a missed opportunity to me rather than a strike of genius.
    I think if Dick couldn't get the main stage in the interactions/fight with Deathstroke in SW (and it's clear he couldn't, because Shadow war focuses on Damian and Batman and how they work as the dynamic duo once again), it's better for him to just not be a part of this story than play a second fiddle to his father and young brother.
    I do hope Wiliamson will explore their rivalry again in the crisis event in more than just the fight between them. But I also get why Dick isn't dragged into the shadow war event.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't mind Dick not in Shadow War because that story is about that messed up family and each fathers and sons trying to mend their relationships and Dick has no problem with them so Batman Inc being the back up army against the army of Assassins and Deathstroke Inc is enough

This one though, just like in Dark Crisis, where the danger of death for Bruce is close, is personal for Dick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Which is Kinda a problem when you're no longer a sidekick and suppose to be your own hero now right!
    I mean I get my it Bruce loves this child a lot, he would break his path to kill for him.
    Its kept Selina from ever being a damsel cliche. If you want Superman you go after Lois if you want Batman you go after robin.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    No, because even as his own hero Dick is Bruce's emotional anchor. Its is what it is. Thats part of his mythos even as his own hero.

I mean, Dick's always shown up in Gotham when the Bat-Books needed him. I doubt that will ever change.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, because even as his own hero Dick is Bruce's emotional anchor. Its is what it is. Thats part of his mythos even as his own hero.
    One of the few consistent things DC has for it. Unfortunately it can has come at the expense of Dicks storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I think if Dick couldn't get the main stage in the interactions/fight with Deathstroke in SW (and it's clear he couldn't, because Shadow war focuses on Damian and Batman and how they work as the dynamic duo once again), it's better for him to just not be a part of this story than play a second fiddle to his father and young brother.
    I do hope Wiliamson will explore their rivalry again in the crisis event in more than just the fight between them. But I also get why Dick isn't dragged into the shadow war event.
    I don't mind Dick not in Shadow War because that story is about that messed up family and each fathers and sons trying to mend their relationships and Dick has no problem with them so Batman Inc being the back up army against the army of Assassins and Deathstroke Inc is enough

This one though, just like in Dark Crisis, where the danger of death for Bruce is close, is personal for Dick
    Sure, Dick wouldn't have been part of the A plot, and if he were in Shadow War there is a high chance, his appearance would have amounted to nothing again, but I don't believe Dick got name dropped at a whim by Damian. He would have been a good character to include.

Dick's original bond with Damian transcended a simple brother-brother relationship, so Dick being there when the story is about messy fatherhood and family conflict would make a lot of sense. But the actual depth of the bond Dick and Damian have is something DC likes to minimize in favor of Bruce & Damian, so it's hardly surprising that Dick's not part of Shadow War.

Then there's also Raptor. Dick's most prominent villain from the Rebirth era has been dragged into Robin and Shadow War as currently nothing more than a random assassin. There could and should have been something done with that by now. Especially now that he's apparently working for Slade.

Hopefully, Raptor appears in Dark Crisis as well as part of Deathstroke's gang and his connection to Dick is finally addressed in this new era, but given DC's track record, it's more likely he'll end like Talon and Shrike and anyone who isn't Blockbuster.

Dick being in Gotham when Bruce dies absolutely makes a lot of sense, and he should be there, but that doesn't change that his other appearances in Gotham events or stories since IF started (and even before that) have been abysmal at worst and non-offensive at best. For a lot of them his inclusion made less sense than his inclusion in Shadow War would make, imo.