Page 93 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do you think Dick feels off?
    Dicks just doing his mentor thing, it one of his best pieces to his character. Also he told Clark he would look out for Jon and here he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dicks just doing his mentor thing, it one of his best pieces to his character. Also he told Clark he would look out for Jon and here he is.
    My thoughts as well and I'm not even jazzed about Tom Taylor Nightwing .

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    MakeNightwingGreatAgain hates everything.
    Man, I had no idea that we were supposed to LOVE every piece of Nightwing content that comes out, Im sorry i missed the memo. Let me go back and fix it! /eye roll.

People are allowed to not like things. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    The superman mark is literally a cut and.paste from the death of superman. Every hero had that badge in their book at the time
    Ahhhh! I didn't even notice in the image, that everyone has the mark. Oversight on my part, I never read Death of Superman! Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do you think Dick feels off?
    For me, Its that he appears too leaning heavily into the idea that he is ok with taking on this much responsibility and that he needs to despite that fact that in canon he has shown to be more reclusive and not exactly emotionally stable when Bruce or anyone close to him dies. This is the same guy who disbanded the Titans over Donna's death and had a hard time taking on the Cowl when Bruce died originally died. I just think the way he is being portrayed is the reason why people call him one-note and too perfect. Literally his mentors die and he is like "Tough hit, they die all the time" rather than actually exploring that dark emotional area of Dick's psyche that is often ignored. But that is just me. I'm not saying I want Nightwing to be a dark and broody character, but i am saying that he isnt as bright and happy go lucky as he looks to be portrayed as in Dark Crisis from what ive been seeing so far and hearing from the interviews.

Also, just pet peeve that Dick is in his mid to late 20s and has been a superhero for most his life, longer than most, and it feels like he is now getting his "character growth arc" when he doesn't need one. Dick being babied and being told to man up and take charge is not what i want to read because he already did that multiple times and doesn't have to prove anything to anyone or do anything because someone said so.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

When Bruce presumed died, he mentored Damian. When now Bruce presumed dead again, Damian no longer need a mentor, but Superman also presumed dead, and Jon needs a mentor. It's the same thing.

Yeah God forbid Nightwing actually get to do something with his supposed “better than Batman” leadership skills and empathy. Mentoring Jon through his first Crisis is a great job for Dick to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'd love a Nightwing black label, focusing on more complicated stories.

And either Nightwing in the league, or a decent Titans book. It seems Williamson mentioned in several interviews how important the Titans are in Dark Crisis, so hopefully, we'll really see that, and the crisis will lead to a relaunch of the Titans with a good writer who actually loves and respects the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    [...]
    For me, Its that he appears too leaning heavily into the idea that he is ok with taking on this much responsibility and that he needs to despite that fact that in canon he has shown to be more reclusive and not exactly emotionally stable when Bruce or anyone close to him dies. This is the same guy who disbanded the Titans over Donna's death and had a hard time taking on the Cowl when Bruce died originally died. I just think the way he is being portrayed is the reason why people call him one-note and too perfect. Literally his mentors die and he is like "Tough hit, they die all the time" rather than actually exploring that dark emotional area of Dick's psyche that is often ignored. But that is just me. I'm not saying I want Nightwing to be a dark and broody character, but i am saying that he isnt as bright and happy go lucky as he looks to be portrayed as in Dark Crisis from what ive been seeing so far and hearing from the interviews.

Also, just pet peeve that Dick is in his mid to late 20s and has been a superhero for most his life, longer than most, and it feels like he is now getting his "character growth arc" when he doesn't need one. Dick being babied and being told to man up and take charge is not what i want to read because he already did that multiple times and doesn't have to prove anything to anyone or do anything because someone said so.
    I also hope Dick's inner state is explored in more nuance but projecting the unflappable leader to others especially heroes younger than him is what Dick does.

That Dick isn't as sure as everyone else that he's the right hero to look up to might be a narrative Dick already went through, but it's been a long time, and maybe it has something to do with him not being as unaffected by the deaths as he seems.

That would be enough nuance for me in an event that's focusing on so many characters without a lot of tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I'd love a Nightwing black label, focusing on more complicated stories.

And either Nightwing in the league, or a decent Titans book. It seems Williamson mentioned in several interviews how important the Titans are in Dark Crisis, so hopefully, we'll really see that, and the crisis will lead to a relaunch of the Titans with a good writer who actually loves and respects the characters.
    That would be nice. Everytime solicitations drop I hope to see a Nightwing Black Label.

It would be great if Dark Crisis gave the Titans a proper direction too.

Do you know why Nightwing doesn't have Black Label?
    Because any writer who comes up with a plot, DC responds "Cool, now turn it into a Batman story"

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Do you know why Nightwing doesn't have Black Label?
    Because any writer who comes up with a plot, DC responds "Cool, now turn it into a Batman story"
    I suspect you might be right. Nightwing seems to be a testing ground for future Batman projects.

Shame Snyder never got the chance to do his Nightwing black Label.

Who knows, Nightwing is currently on a roll and Dc seems to be finally supporting the character. We might finally get a Nightwing Black Label.
    Although evil monkey paw, with how much they've been sexualising Nightwing of late his BL book would end up being saucy art rather gritty nuanced storytelling.

I mean I'd still buy that.

From Frogman417 on Reddit: Notes from Joshua Williamson's interview with Gatecrashers.

* In a later issue of Dark Crisis, an unnamed hero will talk with Nightwing and tell him "everyone's looking to you, kid," and essentially challenge him to take on that responsibility as the guy everyone turns to when things go wrong.

* Joshua also says that by the end of Dark Crisis, fans should be very happy with the stuff done with Nightwing.

Thoses are the points about Nightwing, the rest is here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...nterview_with/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bleeding Cool spoiler's out on who's gonna be in the new League in Dark Crisis
    I'm not spoiling anything but I am posting this here

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    From Frogman417 on Reddit: Notes from Joshua Williamson's interview with Gatecrashers.

* In a later issue of Dark Crisis, an unnamed hero will talk with Nightwing and tell him "everyone's looking to you, kid," and essentially challenge him to take on that responsibility as the guy everyone turns to when things go wrong.

* Joshua also says that by the end of Dark Crisis, fans should be very happy with the stuff done with Nightwing.

Thoses are the points about Nightwing, the rest is here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...nterview_with/
    Here's hoping he's right .

George Perez passed away

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    George Perez passed away
    RIP George Perez. You were a legend .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Man, I had no idea that we were supposed to LOVE every piece of Nightwing content that comes out, Im sorry i missed the memo. Let me go back and fix it! /eye roll.

People are allowed to not like things. Get over it.

You literally complain about EVERYTHING.

I am not even sure what character you like. It seems like you have an image in your head of what he should be instead of what he is and judge everything based on your preconceived notions.