Page 196 of 256 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3831

There's nothing that reminds him of being a cop.
    Last edited by Felipe Silveira; 09-29-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing 99 variant Cover by Redondo.
    https://twitter.com/Bruno_Redondo_F/...40747913072641

This is truly an amazing cover! I love everything about it!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I wish they left out the Ric part or made it smaller lmao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    But several reminders of Grayson - which we can always do with more of!

I know, right?! I miss those days so much...

I'm pretty sure it was left out on purpose, the word "cop" automatically gets you in trouble on Twitter and Tom is already their number one enemy lmao.

Ya, being cop is pretty divisive right now. Thats a good point. Weird times...

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was left out on purpose, the word "cop" automatically gets you in trouble on Twitter and Tom is already their number one enemy lmao.
    I thought Twitter loved him? Right I'm not on there but he seems right at him there.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I thought Twitter loved him? Right I'm not on there but he seems right at him there.
    No, they hate him. They think he is just baiting fans with nostalgia, and Oracle fans are mad at him because....I don't know why but I also I couldn't care less to look it up, but the most recent thing is about him trying to make the situation about Starfire's actress getting harassed about shipping wars and not the blatant racism she was receiving. He is also friends with Babs Tarr, who picked a fight with DickKory fans on Twitter for some reason and Twitter hates her to begin with, so that made the situation just worse. Anyway, I'm too old for this drama, but Tom really needs to use Twitter less or just post about his work and log off.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Not after the Peter Parker and Johnny Storm situation.
    4d0c16e69ac0462b40e72f9fafd0f18a.jpg

It's there. "Detective"

Why is Philanthropist there twice?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    No, they hate him. They think he is just baiting fans with nostalgia, and Oracle fans are mad at him because....I don't know why but I also I couldn't care less to look it up, but the most recent thing is about him trying to make the situation about Starfire's actress getting harassed about shipping wars and not the blatant racism she was receiving. He is also friends with Babs Tarr, who picked a fight with DickKory fans on Twitter for some reason and Twitter hates her to begin with, so that made the situation just worse. Anyway, I'm too old for this drama, but Tom really needs to use Twitter less or just post about his work and log off.
    There was a post explaining the Oracle situation. I don't remember the details and I don't think I can retell it correctly, but the gist of my conclusion reading it was that he handle Oracle very much how an abled person handle disability, as in, he knows nothing about it, and inadvertedly uses situation and word terms that are ableist (this is the part that I can't repeat because I don't understand the problem myself, as in, why they're angry about the specific words and actions his character takes), and he also either doesn't listen to criticism. So once or twice is an accident, refusing to learn/listen he's just ableist.

Wait there is a couple of examples that I get.

First is Dick's brain damage that leads to the Ric situation. It's only brought up if Taylor needs to weaken/incapacitate Dick. Otherwise he just acts like fully able bodied person. Disability as a plot device, basically.

When Dick's apartment was about to blown up, Dick ran to a deaf person's room to get him to safety and handed him his hearing aid, which is a super sensitive device that can malfunction if not handled correctly. The poster said they won't let anyone else touch their device, and Dick, who has worked with Joey before would've known this. Now that maybe can be explained with it being a stressful emergency, but they also pointed out how stupid it is to write about a deaf person living alone in an apartment without any system to wake him up in an emergency.

So the whole thing reads as someone who knows nothing about that life writing it, and would've been avoided if the writer did his research, or if DC has more disabled writers, in other words, they don't care, and this is the person in charge of writing Barbara Gordon, meaning they also don't care about depicting her disability correctly.

They hate Batgirl of Burnside for the same reason, specifically the scene when Barbara took out his chip and then walk again with her willpower. A tired old telenovela trope.
    In Batgirls, they made Barbara live in a 4th floor apartment without an elevator, even though she's supposed to not exert herself. Barbara's aid device is a back brace, but the back is not the problem, it's her spinal cord that was shot. They appreciate the cane though.

What they like: Wayne Family Adventures. Not just because she's still in a wheelchair, but because in the one chapter that features Barbara, there are aid devices like hand holds everywhere in her room and bathroom. They show that the creators care and know what someone who can't walk live their life. It isn't just Barbara saying "I need to take a break" and do whatever abled-body person can without difficulty, and then get into hard action again whenever convenient.

Those are the things the authors themselves can do without having to consult with DC/WB who made the decision to keep Babs abled.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-30-2022 at 04:14 AM.

I've been complaining about a few things in this run, the way Taylor uses Barbara isn't one of them. All this complaining about her not being in a wheelchair is meaningless, this was all worked out 10 years ago,it's not the job of the Nightwing comic to work this out right now.
    WFA pays attention to those details because that's what they can do, yet they manage to pull off a stupid scene like the one where Dick hangs from a chandelier. WFA is not an example of good writing, just pleasing a portion of the fandom that is mostly on twitter and tumb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There was a post explaining the Oracle situation. I don't remember the details and I don't think I can retell it correctly, but the gist of my conclusion reading it was that he handle Oracle very much how an abled person handle disability, as in, he knows nothing about it, and inadvertedly uses situation and word terms that are ableist (this is the part that I can't repeat because I don't understand the problem myself, as in, why they're angry about the specific words and actions his character takes), and he also either doesn't listen to criticism. So once or twice is an accident, refusing to learn/listen he's just ableist.
    I remember the biggest problem happened when Seer hacked all Oracle system, so Barbara could only help as Batgirl.

It bothers them that the story had totally rendered her role as Oracle useless, so the only way Barbara could help was like Batgirl.

I could see why people could find this offensive, since it unintentionally implies that Barbara would be totally useless in this situation if she was still Oracle in the wheelchair.

PS: I know Tom Taylor wasn't trying to make Oracle useless (he just wanted a reason for her to wear the Batgirl suit). However, it's not hard to see why people took in a negative way this portrayal of Oracle.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-30-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's pretty insightful when you put in a well mannered way and writes everything like a normal human being. But it doesn't take much see why he doesn't listen to a majority of the twitter people complaining about him. Just look at his mentions. It ranges from personal attacks to death wishes\threats.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.