Page 124 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3831
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well he should have known that for Twitter it's all about the outrage, it's only a matter of time before they find something to turn on you. They literally looking for it.

As Spider-Man once said, with great virtue signaling comes great outrage!!
    I think there's a nuance here that it isn't that people "turned" on Taylor - it's that the group who've been incessantly, ceaselessly gunning for him have ground him down.

Taylor always targeted Very Online Group A with his slightly cutesy, fanon-y edge - which works very well in some contexts, less well in others. But the very act of aiming at that group meant he had a target on his back from Very Online Group B who really hate Very Online Group A.

See why after ten years and a dozen writers, it was suddenly a problem that Barbara was Batgirl. He'd been marked as An Enemy.
    Last edited by Claude; 06-20-2022 at 04:20 AM.

Can someone give a short summary of what happened for those who don't follow twitter outrage machine?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Can someone give a short summary of what happened for those who don't follow twitter outrage machine?
    Bruno Redondo posted this, his cover for Nightwing #96 which was based off the Brady Bunch.

Comic book Twitter saw this, and demanded where Duke Thomas was.

Tom Taylor and Bruno said they don't consider Duke close family of Dick, and this caused Comic book Twitter to explode.

They accused Bruno and Tom of being racist for excluding Duke from the cover.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think there's a nuance here that it isn't that people "turned" on Taylor - it's that the group who've been incessantly, ceaselessly gunning for him have ground him down.

Taylor always targeted Very Online Group A with his slightly cutesy, fanon-y edge - which works very well in some contexts, less well in others. But the very act of aiming at that group meant he had a target on his back from Very Online Group B who really hate Very Online Group A.

See why after ten years and a dozen writers, it was suddenly a problem that Barbara was Batgirl. He'd been marked as An Enemy.
    Exactly, people on here seem to think that Taylor is some Twitter fave but there have always been a group of people for different reason have always targeted him.

There is this thinking by some because Taylor is a popular writer if it was not for him Dick and Kory would finally be back together, Barabara would be Oracle only and Jon would be de-aged.

The majority of these fans don't care about Duke , 90% never picked up book with Duke with it.

The silly thing is if think attacking Talyor and getting him off Twitter is going to get them what they want companies don't like their creatives being attacked and they are not going to reward the fans who they think are doing the attacking.

The promotion of this run has been about pleasing fandoms, and at some point you will displease others and you will have a backlash.

This isn't a Tom Taylor specific thing. The same kind of crap happened to Tim Seeley as well, especially during the Grayson run. Some fans are just toxic AF

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    This isn't a Tom Taylor specific thing. The same kind of crap happened to Tim Seeley as well, especially during the Grayson run. Some fans are just toxic AF
    Tom King had people threaten his wife, too.

Social media was a mistake.

I only just realized Babs is the only one not in costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Tom King had people threaten his wife, too.

Social media was a mistake.
    Social media has its purposes, but like with anything it can be abused...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Social media has its purposes, but like with anything it can be abused...
    Yeah, that's fair - don't mind me, just stomping about the place being grumpy.

(Hungover.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Thanks Babs! Feels like something we say a lot in this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I remember Seeley saying something to the effect of he realized that what the Twitter fanbase wanted to hear when they criticized him was “Yes you are right, I’m evil, my run is evil, you should be writing this book, I will resign and let you write it” which made him stop caring about what Twitter wanted or said. Hope Taylor has a similar realization.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    Bruno Redondo posted this, his cover for Nightwing #96 which was based off the Brady Bunch.

Comic book Twitter saw this, and demanded where Duke Thomas was.

Tom Taylor and Bruno said they don't consider Duke close family of Dick, and this caused Comic book Twitter to explode.

They accused Bruno and Tom of being racist for excluding Duke from the cover.
    Their complaints weren't just about Duke. It was also about the other POC on the cover.
    Some also pointed out that Damian is whitewashed and Cass is pushed behind Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Their complaints weren't just about Duke. It was also about the other POC on the cover.
    Some also pointed out that Damian is whitewashed and Cass is pushed behind Steph.
    I think that's a general complaint to take about how Damian is drawn in general, while Cass is just for humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian is half white. He’s not going to be as brown as Talia. Being slightly darker than Bruce makes sense but the way he’s dark brown in fanon and the Twitter fanbase treating any depiction of him on the lighter side as “invalid” is ridiculous.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/