Page 10 of 256 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    https://twitter.com/glasgowmixtape/s...34236990337024

Attachment 117206

Take with a pinch of salt but this looks exciting.
    Wow, this is awesome. I love the slight smile. Perfect.

Hoping this leads into a Nightwing HBO Max film. Assuming DIck Grayson left Gotham after Bruce ended his career and comes back for a cameo when he hears about Batgirl. I`m praying we finally get a quality, accurate film movie depiction of Nightwing.

Just why. Why would you write this Murphy.
    Dude didn’t even know that Jason Todd came after Dick lmao, he’s an utter casual and that’s why his books are such hits: great art paired with the kind of basic bitch ideas that every casual asks thinking they’re the first to ask. This is a series that says “Batman is the REAL villain” and Joker cures himself with magic pills, it’s dumb as hell and everyone is OOC. But it works because casuals think this is the first kind of story to address those ideas.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

At the very least it seems that mural is setting up that Dick existed as Robin in the new universe and is probably around to be Nightwing, if they so choose.

Which begs the question how old he's going to be now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least it seems that mural is setting up that Dick existed as Robin in the new universe and is probably around to be Nightwing, if they so choose.

Which begs the question how old he's going to be now.
    Exactly !!!!

Not the biggest fan of introducing the character in a Batgirl movie, I just think you cut out so much of the character's important history by skipping his entire journey with Batman, but that has been the rumor for years now, right? Even as far back as the Whedon Batgirl project I believe they were talking about having Robin in it. If anything this probably kills the idea of Robin appearing in the Reeves Batman movies. Since DC/WB doesn't really double dip their characters for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not the biggest fan of introducing the character in a Batgirl movie, I just think you cut out so much of the character's important history by skipping his entire journey with Batman, but that has been the rumor for years now, right? Even as far back as the Whedon Batgirl project I believe they were talking about having Robin in it. If anything this probably kills the idea of Robin appearing in the Reeves Batman movies. Since DC/WB doesn't really double dip their characters for movies.
    They could always do a comic or show to depict his time as Robin.

Incredible Member

I feel ya. I don`t really mind because I do not think its very likely WB commits to an actual B and R film. The general audience really likes a dark edgy Batman. It almost makes more sense Dick would exist with Batgirl. I think the general audience is familiar enough with Robin that they will get the journey and like another poster said, flashbacks and other media could flesh out his history. I think this is the best we can hope for.

Even if they do a Reeves Robin, it will be nothing like the Dick Grayson we know. It would be an edgier darker version. At least this way we may actually see a Nightwing closer to what the comics character wise. The mural already gives me Dick Grayson vibes.

We're probably getting him as Nightwing with his Robin stuff being past history, so they're free to use Robin in other interpretations.

Extraordinary Member

Let the reeves films do a proper Robin year one story and build from there, we can get the nightwing film in the main DCuniverse.

They could always do a comic or show to depict his time as Robin.
    With a show you can't really work backwards since the actor is going to be an adult, right? So they can't show his early years with Batman with the same actor which I think is a big part of the character. Getting to grow up with the character and having that progression is the core part of Robin I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Even if they do a Reeves Robin, it will be nothing like the Dick Grayson we know. It would be an edgier darker version. At least this way we may actually see a Nightwing closer to what the comics character wise. The mural already gives me Dick Grayson vibes.
    I'm not expecting Reeves to use Robin, but given the tone and gritty style it wouldn't surprise me if they instead use Jason Todd as the Robin in his movies and just skip Dick altogether. I imagine a lot of people outside of comics probably look at the Robins as interchangeable anyway and it allows them to have separate characters from both movie universes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're probably getting him as Nightwing with his Robin stuff being past history, so they're free to use Robin in other interpretations.
    They will probably have him be Robin and then transition to Nightwing after. Like the Titans TV show did. Since I doubt the average movie goer is aware of who Nightwing is. So they have to show the transition to the new identity. Hopefully it won't be as awful as the origin on the Titans show which felt so strange.

It's just a bit odd to introduce a character in their 2nd identity already. You don't tend to see that in movies, right? They always have them in their first/starting identity. It would be like if the Marvel movies never introduced Bucky before the Winter Solider movie. Sure, Marvel changed around his character to be older than Steve for the movies over being his sidekick, but I think it was still important to have that first movie show their relationship and friendship. It wouldn't have been the same if that never happened. You give the audience time to care about these dynamics and grow with them, which I think is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Let the reeves films do a proper Robin year one story and build from there, we can get the nightwing film in the main DCuniverse.
    I can't see Reeves ever doing a Robin Year One story. He's making Batman movies, so Batman will always be the focus. Plus I don't think Robin Year One is a strong enough story to really push it to be a movie. I would be very surprised if Reeves uses Robin at all given the style and tone he is going for. He feels very much in the Nolan mold and Nolan and Bale both hated the idea of Robin. It is amazing how terrified WB/DC is in showing Robin with Batman still nearly 25 years after the Batman and Robin movie disaster. That whole thing still looms large over the entire character.

Incredible Member

I'm not expecting Reeves to use Robin, but given the tone and gritty style it wouldn't surprise me if they instead use Jason Todd as the Robin in his movies and just skip Dick altogether. I imagine a lot of people outside of comics probably look at the Robins as interchangeable anyway and it allows them to have separate characters from both movie universes I guess.
    Agreed. In fact, I am almost certain if they use Robin it in the Reeves verse it will be Jason.

But that's why I am happy about this. Gives us the opportunity to see Dick Grayson in a live action film, which otherwise probably would not happen.

They will probably have him be Robin and then transition to Nightwing after. Like the Titans TV show did. Since I doubt the average movie goer is aware of who Nightwing is. So they have to show the transition to the new identity. Hopefully it won't be as awful as the origin on the Titans show which felt so strange.

It's just a bit odd to introduce a character in their 2nd identity already. You don't tend to see that in movies, right? They always have them in their first/starting identity. It would be like if the Marvel movies never introduced Bucky before the Winter Solider movie. Sure, Marvel changed around his character to be older than Steve for the movies over being his sidekick, but I think it was still important to have that first movie show their relationship and friendship. It wouldn't have been the same if that never happened. You give the audience time to care about these dynamics and grow with them, which I think is important.
    They're setting up Robin as something in Gotham's past and I think the Robin -> Nightwing transition is apparent enough in the public consciousness that you could just have Nightwing show up and then reveal he was the original Robin.

Keaton's Batman isn't getting his own Batman movies so I don't think we're going to get to see much Robin or the setup we'd need for that relationship.

So the actor who is rumored to play Robin is 21. So the question is how old will he be has role and how old will Leslie. So far it seems to be Babs might be mid to late 20s. And Dick might be teens to early 20s.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-10-2022 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Agreed. In fact, I am almost certain if they use Robin it in the Reeves verse it will be Jason.

But that's why I am happy about this. Gives us the opportunity to see Dick Grayson in a live action film, which otherwise probably would not happen.
    A TV movie, as the boyfriend, maybe. And then he may get his own TV movie. While Jason gets the cinematic treatment....

Ok then.

I think because it is on HBO Max, and Nightwing is already around on that platform, they might not show the transition and just have him pop up as Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-10-2022 at 08:11 PM.