Page 104 of 256 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3831

I just wonder if there would be any point in other franchises getting Future State books. Not that DC needs an excuse for more Bat-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wonder if there would be any point in other franchises getting Future State books. Not that DC needs an excuse for more Bat-Books.
    At this point it's an elseworld, not unlike the Beyond and the present-day DCAU ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because enough of us enjoy it plenty and it sells enough for how much it costs to produce.
    Same as every other book, both that you like and don't like.
    That’s not necessarily true. Sells are very unlikely the main incentive of publishing that book at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That’s not necessarily true. Sells are very unlikely the main incentive of publishing that book at this point.
    It's a cheap book to produce that appeals to a niche in the market. So yeah, sells are an incentive. It sells fine in a niche market.

Unless you have some info I don't to back some other guess as for why it keeps ongoing.

(I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but people complaining about books they don't like being published when there is people enjoying them just fine, annoys me to no end. I like a lot of relatively "niche" stuff and it's freaking tiresome, honestly)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-21-2022 at 03:35 AM.

It's a cheap book to produce that appeals to a niche in the market. So yeah, sells are an incentive. It sells fine in a niche market.

Unless you have some info I don't to back some other guess as for why it keeps ongoing.

(I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but people complaining about books they don't like being published when there is people enjoying them just fine, annoys me to no end. I like a lot of relatively "niche" stuff and it's freaking tiresome, honestly)
    What niche market is it capitalizing on. Let’s not misuse the word “niche” for small audience, or pretend you have more info. Sells aren’t always the incentive. Generally speaking when a book isn’t doing well in that regard, yet continues to exist regardless there are other factors at play like creative commitments or potential adaptability. Hell sometimes one of the high ups just has a friend they want work for.

There is always someone that likes something, but that doesn’t invalidate the question when it shows all signs of a poor response and the obvious reason aren’t evident.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-21-2022 at 04:08 AM.

The niche market it aims at, is the amerimanga market for cape comic readers. And also, the cyberpunk, sci fi superhero market. And it was that way since it started. Hence why they drawn comparisions to stuff from the 80's and 90's manga when they promoted this new series.

And DC wants to sell in a niche market like that one, because it could be a door to the actual mainstream manga audience as much as the webtoons are (and manga is a big, big market. It's also probably why the went for a very manga-esque style with the current Robin, that's still mostly like an american comic). And this book, it's very cheap to make (smaller creative team, black and white only with a cheaper printing, and has a backup story for new readers who are not collectors, catching them into old stuff). So as much as the sales can be low (and for a niche book, they actually are not), they still made for the investment they put in it.

I know this can be hard to understand for some* Dick Grayson fans* (an also a traditional american comics fan), who are* used to big numbers and is by all means an A lister even if it's as Robin and not as Nightwing (who's also a well know character in the comic's fandom, so a B lister towards an A lister even when he's not remembered as Robin). But not everything is about big numbers. Sometimes, it's about small numbers in certain places, too. And given that it still seems to keep going for August and it doesn't seem to be ending, it must be making up for the investment.

I find it funny how little some of you seemed to complain about Future State Gotham when Dick played a big heroic role a few issues back. But well, that's how some of us work towards our favourites, I guess. For the most part, you guys seemed to mostly being ignoring this book until now, as much as you don't follow plenty of other stuff. But now suddently some of you also start questing why this still keeps going. It still keeps going because it's worth it for what it is and some of us are reading and purchasing it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-21-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The niche market it aims at, is the amerimanga market for cape comic readers. And also, the cyberpunk, sci fi superhero market. And it was that way since it started. Hence why they drawn comparisions to stuff from the 80's and 90's manga when they promoted this new series.

And DC wants to sell in a niche market like that one, because it could be a door to the actual mainstream manga audience as much as the webtoons are (and manga is a big, big market. It's also probably why the went for a very manga-esque style with the current Robin, that's still mostly like an american comic). And this book, it's very cheap to make (smaller creative team, black and white only with a cheaper printing, and has a backup story for new readers who are not collectors, catching them into old stuff). So as much as the sales can be low (and for a niche book, they actually are not), they still made for the investment they put in it.

I know this can be hard to understand for some* Dick Grayson fans* (an also a traditional american comics fan), who are* used to big numbers and is by all means an A lister even if it's as Robin and not as Nightwing (who's also a well know character in the comic's fandom, so a B lister towards an A lister even when he's not remembered as Robin). But not everything is about big numbers. Sometimes, it's about small numbers in certain places, too. And given that it still seems to keep going for August and it doesn't seem to be ending, it must be making up for the investment.

I find it funny how little some of you seemed to complain about Future State Gotham when Dick played a big heroic role a few issues back. But well, that's how some of us work towards our favourites, I guess. For the most part, you guys seemed to mostly being ignoring this book until now, as much as you don't follow plenty of other stuff. But now suddently some of you also start questing why this still keeps going. It still keeps going because it's worth it for what it is and some of us are reading and purchasing it.
    The manga market is not “niche” so if it was capitalizing on that market it would be rather evident. Obviously they would love to get into that market, and FSG seems clearly influenced by it, claiming its actually doing it is another matter.

"Dick Grayson fans” aren’t so dumb that they don’t understand how markets work. FSGs numbers are pretty trash, even if cost are low, there is little to support that it’s found any real market let alone some new “niche” one. Don’t try to pawn off poor sales as a “niche market” and then talk down to others as they are to daft to understand what your doing. You like the book, cool, but it’s perfectly valid for others to question its continued existence given its general reception at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-21-2022 at 08:02 AM.

I mean, I personally have no issue with that comic (even if I feel like DC does too many Bat-Books as it is).

I don’t really care about it one way or the other personally.

It feels like you took what one person said personally way too much. I don't remember seeing any other person saying that this book shouldn't exist.

What most people here were complaning is that his Batman suit looks stupid, cause it does look stupid.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It feels like you took what one person said personally way too much. I don't remember seeing any other person saying that this book shouldn't exist.

What most people here were complaning is that his Batman suit looks stupid, cause it does look stupid.
    I guess I took it too personally, too.
    My apologies.

The manga market is not “niche” so if it was capitalizing on that market it would be rather evident. Obviously they would love to get into that market, and FSG seems clearly influenced by it, claiming its actually doing it is another matter.

"Dick Grayson fans” aren’t so dumb that they don’t understand how markets work. FSGs numbers are pretty trash, even if cost are low, there is little to support that it’s found any real market let alone some new “niche” one. Don’t try to pawn off poor sales as a “niche market” and then talk down to others as they are to daft to understand what your doing. You like the book, cool, but it’s perfectly valid for others to question its continued existence given its general reception at this point.
    So what's your theory as for why it's still ongoing then*? I'm honestly curious.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-21-2022 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I suck at English

So what's your theory as for why it's still ongoing them? I'm honestly curious.
    If I had to guess, they see something in the creator and/or publishing formate. Or they think it’s potentially adaptable.

If I had to guess, they see something in the creator and/or publishing formate. Or they think it’s potentially adaptable.
    The point about format, it could be.

Mmm... I don't think they're thinking on adapting it, though; unless it's an animation short series or something. But I think they would need to change stuff. It's too dependant on what that happened in the comics in that weird event. Maybe changing a lot of the how they got to that police state and why there's no Bruce to be seen.

I love cyberpunk and sci fi action stories. I would absolutely watch it if they were to adapt an animated series.