Page 111 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3831

I'm too tempted to read that .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Spoilers for the finale:
    spoilers:
    He’s healthy enough to go to Conner and M’gann’s wedding so he’s fine lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was one of the most telegraphed fake deaths i saw in TV.
    end of spoilers
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    spoilers:
    It was one of the most telegraphed fake deaths i saw in TV.
    end of spoilers
    They just need to stop doing it the same way.

Wow, in June 1984, Dick was the most popular bat family member. New Teen Titans was the top DC book, and even Outsiders was outselling Batman and Detective! How things have changed...
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/the-unbel...-comics-sales/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, in June 1984, Dick was the most popular bat family member. New Teen Titans was the top DC book, and even Outsiders was outselling Batman and Detective! How things have changed...
    The DC is dying crowd of this forum would have a field day with this Top 100 if it was nowadays.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The DC is dying crowd of this forum would have a field day with this Top 100 if it was nowadays.
    Lol to be fair DC was in dire straits right around the time of the reboot. It’s why CoIE happened in the first place.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Teen Titans was extremely popular, but I'm not sure this means Dick was necessarily more popular than Batman.

New Teen Titans was a lot more popular than previous Teen Titans comics (where Dick was already the leader), which implies that the big popularity of NTT is due to the story and themes more than the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Young Justice and Titans both proving to me why dick is better off doing batfamily stuff.
    Yeah No!! Ric grayson says otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah No!! Ric grayson says otherwise.
    What’s the difference? I mean Danm at least ric was able to do for himself. In titans dick skill is acknowledged, he doesn’t need the team, so the story has to force roadblocks so he is forced to get help, ex him getting shot twice, once in the head, hit by the car.

Becuase this Nightwing arc in young justice is not a Nightwing arc, Dick doesn’t get to overcome or use his ingenuity to the fullest. Bruce get put into fights he can’t win against super beings all the time, and they go much better for him then What happened to dick today.

I already know that Rick Grayson comic arc is gonna be used for the next season of Titans, so no excitement their.
    YJ really let me down, to wait all season for my favorite character, the most popular character of the show and he gets nothing.

At the end of the day Dick is at the whims of the writers and story directions, and that can be a problem either in the Batfamily or the Titans.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the treatment of Dick after seeing how they handled the other supposed "character-lead" arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the end of the day Dick is at the whims of the writers and story directions, and that can be a problem either in the Batfamily or the Titans.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the treatment of Dick after seeing how they handled the other supposed "character-lead" arcs.
    At least the other had their moments
    To be honest the entire season was heavy on Mgnn and Connor , they did a good job moving forward with Artemis family story, since it was built upon the last 3 seasons. Zatanna could have had more screen time in her but she led the charge on child, earned the respect of Nabu and discovered Connor was alive. She finally got her father back, but she lost Mary which will haunt her later. Kaldur had alot of action and led an expedition for the lost crown. We also got to learn about his childhood and adoptive father. While rocket has had the least total screen time, we always get a little insight on her personal life, she is engaged , she has a son, she struggling
    A bit with her son , but she is managing. I enjoyed the friendship she built with Orion. But it only Dick who is being screwed over at the end. I mean this would have been a great time to go into where he got his hero name but not even that. I loved him back at the circus but I need more then that. 4 seasons and 11 in universe years and that’s the first I’ve seen of his personal life beyond dating Babs.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Montage of Star Spangled Comics Covers.

RobinStarSpangledComics.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick will make an appearance in Bruce Wayne Not Super, where he and 13 year old Bruce are among the non powered kids attending a school for the gifted and bullied by Bane and Jack Napier
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...or-spring-2023

Seems they're around the same age

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick will make an appearance in Bruce Wayne Not Super, where he and 13 year old Bruce are among the non powered kids attending a school for the gifted and bullied by Bane and Jack Napier
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...or-spring-2023

Seems they're around the same age
    So Gotham High but for kids ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    At least the other had their moments
    To be honest the entire season was heavy on Mgnn and Connor , they did a good job moving forward with Artemis family story, since it was built upon the last 3 seasons. Zatanna could have had more screen time in her but she led the charge on child, earned the respect of Nabu and discovered Connor was alive. She finally got her father back, but she lost Mary which will haunt her later. Kaldur had alot of action and led an expedition for the lost crown. We also got to learn about his childhood and adoptive father. While rocket has had the least total screen time, we always get a little insight on her personal life, she is engaged , she has a son, she struggling
    A bit with her son , but she is managing. I enjoyed the friendship she built with Orion. But it only Dick who is being screwed over at the end. I mean this would have been a great time to go into where he got his hero name but not even that. I loved him back at the circus but I need more then that. 4 seasons and 11 in universe years and that’s the first I’ve seen of his personal life beyond dating Babs.
    I feel like you can try and salvage it but Zatanna, Rocket, and Dick's arc were both busts for them from a showcase and character perspective in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Gotham High but for kids ?

I feel like you can try and salvage it but Zatanna, Rocket, and Dick's arc were both busts for them from a showcase and character perspective in my opinion.
    If Zatanna and rocket got crumbs then Nightwing is being starved to death