Page 126 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is true. I've seen both the tweets from fans and Taylor, and not just on this topic. While fans calling out Taylor range from very polite to death threats, Taylor treats all criticism personally. He has blocked people who gave legit criticism, such as a Damian fans (an Arabic fan) who call out how he writes Injustice Superman treating the Palestine-Israel conflict, treating them both as in the wrong. Then when he accused him a Zionist because both of the block, the content, and the inability to accept legit criticism, he retweeted that response so people think that fan is the one being unreasonable.

(I wanted to add that fan was then gotten threats, but it's been a while ago when I read his blog and twitter posts so I don't remember for sure)
    A Cass fan was also blocked by Taylor and got harassment from his fans for calling out his Nightwing run. The fan took issues with Babs being able-bodied and accused Taylor of introducing a disabled dog to appear sympathetic to the disabled community.

It gets very messy. personally think professionals shouldn't engage with social media. Such parasocial relationships can get toxic or backfire eventually. We've seen it happen to lots of comicbook writers.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-21-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I hope Dick getting lost in the time stream in World's Finest means Robin Dick is gonna appear in Robin vs Batman thanks to time travel shenanigans.
    That would be pretty fun .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    A Cass fan was also blocked by Taylor and got harassment from his fans for calling out his Nightwing run. The fan took issues with Babs being able-bodied and accused Taylor of introducing a disabled dog to appear sympathetic to the disabled community.

It gets very messy. personally think professionals shouldn't engage with social media. Such parasocial relationships can get toxic or backfire eventually. We've seen it happen to lots of comicbook writers.
    I think I remember this interaction, and Taylor first responded to the fan and said that we wrote this issue ten years ago and isn't going to discuss the Israeli-Palestine conflict topic on Twitter because it's way too complicated. It was a polite enough response and made perfect sense.
    If Taylor was later harassed, accused, or insulted because he refused to engage in a political argument with an angry fan, I completely see why Taylor considered that fan as toxic and problematic.
    I actually think it's best for Taylor to avoid these kinds of interactions and confrontations with fans. Babs has been Batgirl for over a decade. He doesn't need to explain why she is able-bodied. He doesn't need to justify his political views or why he decided to include some characters in the run and not others. He's a writer, he should focus on writing good content.

As for today's run, it was okay but very slow-paced. The same plot could have been easily delivered in 10 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I think I remember this interaction, and Taylor first responded to the fan and said that we wrote this issue ten years ago and isn't going to discuss the Israeli-Palestine conflict topic on Twitter because it's way too complicated. It was a polite enough response and made perfect sense.
    If Taylor was later harassed, accused, or insulted because he refused to engage in a political argument with an angry fan, I completely see why Taylor considered that fan as toxic and problematic.
    I actually think it's best for Taylor to avoid these kinds of interactions and confrontations with fans. Babs has been Batgirl for over a decade. He doesn't need to explain why she is able-bodied. He doesn't need to justify his political views or why he decided to include some characters in the run and not others. He's a writer, he should focus on writing good content.

As for today's run, it was okay but very slow-paced. The same plot could have been easily delivered in 10 pages.
    Agreed. Taylor didn't make the call to have Babs recover. He didn't make the call to have her become Batgirl so the fans calling him an ableist and encouraging others to boycott his book was wrong.

Bullying creators is wrong and it's wrong to try to guilt other fans into boycotting a creator simply because you didn't get your way.

On the flip side, when a creator takes suggestions from the twitter comment section and incorporates them into his writing he is blurring the lines on what it's okay to do and encouraging fans to keep up attempts to sway his writing choices.

if Taylor is going to take tips for Nightwing and DCeased suggested by twitter then it's reasonable to see why Batgirl fans or duke fans may feel they might be able to strongarm him into making changes.

Astonishing Member

That sounds like a very silly thing to accuse a writer of, and the (very mild) consequences of a block perfectly reasonable. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

I feel like I'm still waiting for the plot to kick off. With every issue my enthusiasm for this run drops a bit more.
    This for me is unusual where Nightwing is concerned. Even during the Ric arc I was more entertained reading the title. Sure I was pissed off with the writing and story concept of Ric but I was never this bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    That sounds like a very silly thing to accuse a writer of, and the (very mild) consequences of a block perfectly reasonable. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.
    The block isn't a problem. It gets problematic when a writer with as much influence as taylor retweets the tweet thereby automatically direct the hate of is followers onto the complaining fan.

It's about Social media and using ones influence responsibly.

The block isn't a problem. It gets problematic when a writer with as much influence as taylor retweets the tweet thereby automatically direct the hate of is followers onto the complaining fan.

It's about Social media and using ones influence responsibly.
    Writers are human beings with feelings too. That person was mad that Barbara regained the use of her legs since more than a decade now and was directing their anger at Taylor for what exactly? To make him feel like crap for something he wasn't involved in?

Also, I don't know how much "influence" Taylor actually has or how that translates to invulnerability and power. He has been targeted since Jonathan Kent described his father as an immigrant and those attacks escalated once Jon came out as bi and started dating a guy. I don't blame Taylor for not taking undeserved shit anymore.

I am very ambivalent over whether writers should engage a lot with fans on Twitter or not, as there are both pros and cons, but there's no denying that the platform encourages a lot of bullying through hyperbolic accusations aimed at creators by entitled fans to the point where I can see a person who is constantly being targeted either quitting or start to push back. Also, you should be prepared for consequences if you do decide to rage tweet at anyone.

Twitter is a place for people to be constantly mad over everything. I have been feeling so much happier ever since I deleted it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Writers are human beings with feelings too. That person was mad that Barbara regained the use of her legs since more than a decade now and was directing their anger at Taylor for what exactly?
    Honestly I felt to me kind of contrived that this didn't happen way earlier.

I mean half the Batfamily has come back from the dead at this point.

And with the technic and magic there they had already back in 80s and 90s enough options to make her walk again in some way or another.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like I'm still waiting for the plot to kick off.
    You have likely to wait for another writer to take over...

Also why is Dick wearing his Nightwing costume when cleaning the statue

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Too many pages to get to something that has been notorious in Bludhaven since Dixon. Nothing really happened in this issue. The art is very good as always.
    Same as ever I guess. When did Taylor get so decompressed? He used to be good at balancing action and drama.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m not on Twitter. Are there concrete examples of Taylor incorporating suggestions from Twitter into his stories?
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I’m not on Twitter. Are there concrete examples of Taylor incorporating suggestions from Twitter into his stories?
    I would like to know this as well.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This run is decompressed but this is probably the most the books plots have moved in a single issue. More was reveled about Heartless and his motivations, Dicks relationship with Babs got a revelation, and the Police threat to Haven was resolved.