Page 13 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

I really doubt we're getting a Titans movie.

I doubt they're setting up a live-action Robin, at least one that's not already becoming Nightwing unless they're building up Dicks' successor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So you're saying they should skip the most iconic era of the Titans cause Ray Fisher will complain on Twitter? Isn't he already doing that regularly?

Anyways, we don't even know if a Nightwing movie is happening for real, let alone a Titans movie.
    its not so much him complaining, but recasting cyborg right now with casue more issue then its worth.
    DC already using the titans on hbomax anyway, might as well go full batfam on the big screen.

I mean cyborg can easily can be fixed since they are rebooting the universe. Overall it would be cool

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really doubt we're getting a Titans movie.

I doubt they're setting up a live-action Robin, at least one that's not already becoming Nightwing unless they're building up Dicks' successor.
    Down the road sure, but we have to deal with Jason first.

The thing is if the rumors are truth Bruce disappeared. So how would Jason work? If he disappeared I wonder how long and how Dick does fit into this disappeared. Unless Dick and Jason become Babs Robins after Bruce disappears.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

6B752A82-9AAB-4D4A-B3BF-DC545016F1F4.jpg

My heart is set, but wouldn’t be suprised if Mena or Ludi got it who I am also in favor for

I didn’t belive Leslie would win and she did

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The thing is if the rumors are truth Bruce disappeared. So how would Jason work? If he disappeared I wonder how long and how Dick does fit into this disappeared. Unless Dick and Jason become Babs Robins after Bruce disappears.
    The only way it works is if the Robin they are going to introduce in the Batgirl movie is Tim. So then DC would have a lot more Robin history to draw from over just starting with introducing Dick as Robin. So Dick would have left a long time ago, Jason would have been Robin and died, and then Tim would be the current Robin and they could introduce Dick as Nightwing and Jason as Red Hood if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The only way it works is if the Robin they are going to introduce in the Batgirl movie is Tim. So then DC would have a lot more Robin history to draw from over just starting with introducing Dick as Robin. So Dick would have left a long time ago, Jason would have been Robin and died, and then Tim would be the current Robin and they could introduce Dick as Nightwing and Jason as Red Hood if they want.
    True. How would they set up Nightwing if it's Tim. My take is that there can easily be a flashback to Dick and Bruce or we see Dick pop up.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2022 at 08:55 PM.

A thought just occurred to me. Since the movie is confirmed to be partially based on Batgirl: Year One, and owing to the age disparity between Bassett and the other actors being considered, is it possible that Bassett is playing Dick in flashbacks while O'Brien and co. are being considered for present day Dick? Babs is already a GCPD officer in the film so I'm guessing she already has a 5-6 year history as Batgirl in this new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That is some beautiful art...
    Indeed. Couldn't agree with you more.
    That image comes from the Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular (2020).
    Of all the variant covers, my fave would be the Jim Lee homage to the 1940s (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-12-2022 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A thought just occurred to me. Since the movie is confirmed to be partially based on Batgirl: Year One, and owing to the age disparity between Bassett and the other actors being considered, is it possible that Bassett is playing Dick in flashbacks while O'Brien and co. are being considered for present day Dick? Babs is already a GCPD officer in the film so I'm guessing she already has a 5-6 year history as Batgirl in this new continuity.
    I doubt she's already Batgirl by the time the movie begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Jason is getting a HBOMax movie. Just like Dick would be getting if Batgirl does well.

He would be appearing as a love interest. Nothing wrong with that. Characters are introduced in smaller roles all the time. Your just so against Barbara and Dick that you are blinded by negativity. Appearing in a movie is a good thing.

I swear this fan base is the most discouraging of any in comics.
    I agree, fans being happy with crumbs is freaking deapreasing. Robin being reduced to a love interest in a tv movie....wow! And we are never going to get better because fans really seem to like Nightwing small.

Whatever Robin and Batman was super sweet in the end. Dick meeting the Titans was the best part.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-12-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I agree, fans being happy with crumbs is freaking deapreasing. Robin being reduced to a love interest in a tv movie....wow! And we are never going to get better because fans really seem to like Nightwing small.

Whatever Robin and Batman was super sweet in the end. Dick meeting the Titans was the best part.
    Bro, your being absurd. A TV movie is not the same as a streaming movie. A ton of great hit movies have been released on streaming. If its big it may go theatrical. A love interest is how he would be introduced. Then an expanded role in his own movie. Based on this logic no character should be introduced in a film that isn`t there own solo. Your literally complaining about a portrayal of Dick that we have seen nothing on so far. Your negativity is astounding. It`s obvious, no matter what, your not going to be pleased unless Dick gets the same push if not more than characters like Batman or Spider-man. The reality is he isn`t as popular. Probably never will be. Probably never could be. Get ready for your disappointment to continue for a LONG time because nothing will ever meet your standard for the character.

It is inevitable, he will always be considered a Bat character and marketed as such. Especially in outside media. HIs connection to the Bat is quite literally his hook. Complaining about this is like complaining about Wolverine being a part of the X franchise, Miles a part of Spider-man, Conner a part of Superman, Winter Soldier a part of Captain Americas.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 01-12-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Finishing up Arkham Knight and I forgot how much this game dumped on Dick lol. God I hope GK treats him better.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finishing up Arkham Knight and I forgot how much this game dumped on Dick lol. God I hope GK treats him better.
    He's one of the main characters and not just a sidekick (not that it really justifies how he was used in AK), so I expect it'll definitely treat him better.