Page 134 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope. If it's not him it would be the most weirdest storytelling choice of all time by putting another guy in a picture when Bruce and Babs were talking about Dick.
    Writing is not this comic's strong point. Just look at the Dick and Duke scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Writing is not this comic's strong point. Just look at the Dick and Duke scene.
    This book hasn't been really good for Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This book hasn't been really good for Dick.
    This Dick reminds me a lot of Dick from the Animated Series, in the worst way possible.

OK, I vote for forgetting or ignoring all about Starfire in the New 52.
    I'll admit, I haven't read either Red Hood and the Outlaws nor her DC You solo book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I wasn't talking about current Lian

That said, using the previous ages, current Lian should be 9

The reason she's older is simple, because Shoe was already in the comics as a teenager before they decided to resurrect Lian and made her her
    Was she? I thought Shoes was revealed to be Lian only months after her debut.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'll admit, I haven't read either Red Hood and the Outlaws nor her DC You solo book.
    DC You is cool, RHATO is atrocious, Kory has been turned into a sex object. It was disgusting.

This Dick reminds me a lot of Dick from the Animated Series, in the worst way possible.
    Yes, Murphyverse is very BTAS influenced. Angst included.

That’s because TAS is the only Batman material the writer knows lol. He didn’t even know Dick was the first Robin, he thought Jason was first.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I'm really surprised by the amount of people who don't seem to like the writing on this run. As someone who owns the entire Dixon/McDaniel run, I actually prefer Taylor/Redondo. This Dick has more texture to him, not to mention an actual goal outside of the super general "fighting crime" one. The pace isn't really bothering me that much, either. If I had one criticism, though, it would have to be the number of guest stars this book has had since the run started, but hopefully that won't be an issue here on in since the previous issue to last it seemed like Dick wanted to take care of more stuff on his own.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm really surprised by the amount of people who don't seem to like the writing on this run. As someone who owns the entire Dixon/McDaniel run, I actually prefer Taylor/Redondo. This Dick has more texture to him, not to mention an actual goal outside of the super general "fighting crime" one. The pace isn't really bothering me that much, either. If I had one criticism, though, it would have to be the number of guest stars this book has had since the run started, but hopefully that won't be an issue here on in since the previous issue to last it seemed like Dick wanted to take care of more stuff on his own.
    I feel like he did have a specific goal in the Dixon/McDaniel run, cleaning up Bludhaven, and that's what he pursued and his main bone of contention with Blockbuster even if he went about it in different ways.

I also feel like Dick was more actively engaged in his mission and in the plot without relying on the supporting cast or guest stars as much as he does in this run. Otherwise everything just feels a bit shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hard to say, it was pretty early issue of Nightwing, his relation ship with Kory was pretty dead at this point, he had barely met Clancy at that point and I'm not sure what his relation with Barbara was during that time.
    At times, Dick and Donna's relationship has always seemed more, depending on the author.
    Attachment 122254
    Not to mention Batman comics
    Attachment 122255
    Thanks for the responses, guys! Always thought they were BFF, but I guess there was something going on underneath it all (LOL):

That's Sad. Kinda liked BTAS Dick/Robin, and always thought he had great potential when given the chance...

DC You is cool
    Agreed. Sadly, I recently found out the majority hated it. For what it's worth, I had a swell time reading it & hoped it would've continued...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-28-2022 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Their complaints weren't just about Duke. It was also about the other POC on the cover.
    Some also pointed out that Damian is whitewashed and Cass is pushed behind Steph.
    Cass has been front and centeR on Nightwing covers

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was she? I thought Shoes was revealed to be Lian only months after her debut.
    Yeah, Catwoman set up HQ in Alleytown after Joker War and Shoe was introduced before Future State (I checked it was #25 in September 2020 and it's still the Joker War tie-in)

All-New Member

People always act as if what was before is better irrespective of the actual quality. I can't comment on how good this run is compared to the past, I haven't read any of them. However I dig the supporting cast being involved. Like, part of what makes Dick important to the DCU as a whole is that every hero respects him, and this run is doing a great job of showing us why. It's not just because he's a good hero, but he's a fundamentally good person. I also enjoy how it's highlighting the top-down corruption of Bludhaven and how it actually affects people - with the police being jackbooted thugs that want to maintain their power and how that ends up destroying any 'good cops' in the department.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like he did have a specific goal in the Dixon/McDaniel run, cleaning up Bludhaven, and that's what he pursued and his main bone of contention with Blockbuster even if he went about it in different ways.

I also feel like Dick was more actively engaged in his mission and in the plot without relying on the supporting cast or guest stars as much as he does in this run. Otherwise everything just feels a bit shallow.
    Really? I feel like Taylor is giving more depth to the character than Dixon ever did. I always felt like Dixon only ever really gave us surface level stuff.

As far as his mission is concerned, it really didn't feel any different than any other rooftop crimefighter's goals. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just feel like Taylor is taking a completely different and interesting angle on it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Really? I feel like Taylor is giving more depth to the character than Dixon ever did. I always felt like Dixon only ever really gave us surface level stuff.

As far as his mission is concerned, it really didn't feel any different than any other rooftop crimefighter's goals. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just feel like Taylor is taking a completely different and interesting angle on it.
    Dick became a cop because he wanted to do more for the city.
    Nightwing (1996-2009) 030-010.jpg