Page 137 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3831

For anyone interested Kami's Robin Graphic Novel is coming out next year.

283457574_710145086774339_6766560790560342818_n.jpg

I hope they do a Nightwing book too. Wonder which Titan will be next.

I wish it was just Dick as Robin in that GN instead of him and Damian. I don't really get the point of Damian also being Robin when this series is so heavily influenced on the Teen Titans animated series. It just feels weird.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm rereading Nightwing and realized Dick said he has a law degree, so he's not a college drop out like in the 70s.

I know nothing about law school and this is what I found.

After high school you’ll have to attend college to earn a four-year undergraduate degree at a college or university and prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
    Once you’re in law school, you’re looking at a minimum of 3 years to complete your Juris Doctor program. (A traditional, full-time J.D. program lasts three years, though accelerated programs can be completed in only two years )

So instead of dropping out Hudson Uni in one year, this time he finished college, and studied another three years, getting his doctorate at 24... wait, what? Timeline!

18 - University
    19 - Nightwing
    20 - NTT
    21 - Killing Joke
    22 - Death in The Family
    23 - Knightfall
    24 - Bludhaven

So what I see makes sense here is instead of Hudson he went to college in New York and then took two years of accelerated program. So he's done by the time of Prodigal and then moved to Bludhaven the first time.

Of course it could just be a throwaway line to convince the cops since he only said that after Babs said it

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wish it was just Dick as Robin in that GN instead of him and Damian. I don't really get the point of Damian also being Robin when this series is so heavily influenced on the Teen Titans animated series. It just feels weird.
    It looks like Kami is fan of Damian and Picolo is fan of Dick, so they choose to have both in the book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

As long as they treat both respectfully, I don't have a problem.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Having a good supporting cast is all well and good but sometimes I think you can have a too active supporting cast that makes it seem like the protagonist needs them to get anything done rather than himself. And I get it, Dick's a fundamentally good guy, but I feel like Taylor is maybe leaning too hard into that characterization and making him a little too...soft, I guess?
    Here's the thing. What's the problem with Dick being soft? He's portrayed as competent, but not able to do everything on his own. Which... pretty much supports Dick's goal of being the helping hand to the community and destroying corrupt systems and power structures.

Also, it's not a bad thing to be soft. There's a lot of hard power fantasies out there. There's room for other things and other takes on the character.

Damien and Dick generally have a fun dynamic so I'm down for it.

So far we have no idea who will be next but most likely Star since we do see her in the last comic. Most of Picolo artwork does end up being used in his comics so I wonder if he and Kami will windup doing a Blue Beetle GN

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    Here's the thing. What's the problem with Dick being soft? He's portrayed as competent, but not able to do everything on his own. Which... pretty much supports Dick's goal of being the helping hand to the community and destroying corrupt systems and power structures.

Also, it's not a bad thing to be soft. There's a lot of hard power fantasies out there. There's room for other things and other takes on the character.

So what exactly has he done to destroy corrupt systems and power structures?

Agreed. I wouldn't have a problem with it, either (TBH):

Well, its because Dick is out of character. Dick canonically is not a soft character or at least pre-rebirth. In most of his content even as Robin Dick was known as being overly-competent, too focused and controlling to the point that it drained his mental and physically energy and had zero time for his friends or people he considered family. It was actually a plot point in the New Teen Titans. Since that storyline, he learned to relax and let others take control for once, but he still has those tendencies that show up more often than not. Roy Harper frequently lets Dick know when he is doing too much and even Babs had to tell him a couple times that he needed to slow down and stop trying to be in charge of everything. Its part of his negative traits pretty much. And when you contrast those negative traits with his more positive ones, you get a fairly well rounded character with a alot of growth potential (one of the reasons many people became attached to him as a character).

There is nothing wrong being soft and being soft is not a sign of weakness. But for Nightwing, it makes him out of character because Dick is anything but soft and uncapable of doing anything on his own.

The ages here make me think they will go for a more Tim/Damian dynamic over what Dick/Damian is in the comics. So they will be more antagonistic towards each other as each are Robin. It is one of the problems I have with how diluted the Robin brand is overall where writers are just fitting in whatever Robin they want for the story.

I guess I just don't see the need to limit Dick to let other character shine within his own book, or at least it could be balanced better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The ages here make me think they will go for a more Tim/Damian dynamic over what Dick/Damian is in the comics. So they will be more antagonistic towards each other as each are Robin. It is one of the problems I have with how diluted the Robin brand is overall where writers are just fitting in whatever Robin they want for the story.
    I think it'll be more like their Batman/Robin dynamic where Damian doesn't think much of Dick but Dick grows on him and helps Damian mature. I don't expect them to write Dick like Tim.

I don't buy Nightwing comics to see guest characters shine. Sometimes it's ok, but if that's the formula, let me know and I'll stop buying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I don't buy Nightwing comics to see guest characters shine. Sometimes it's ok, but if that's the formula, let me know and I'll stop buying.
    It’s funny becuase I see this energy
    Yet people also get upset if he’s not with with the batfamily or the titans for too long

There is no winning

Astonishing Member

I think it'll be more like their Batman/Robin dynamic where Damian doesn't think much of Dick but Dick grows on him and helps Damian mature. I don't expect them to write Dick like Tim.
    We've seen how they write Damian in "Beast Boy loves Raven", so sticking to personalities in comics is not one of their priorities.

The fact that Dick and Damian closer in age makes it difficult that they could have symilar dynamic to "Baman and Robin". I doubt a young Dick would be so mature and patient with Damian.