Page 139 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The last 13 years everyone wanted that proper Deathstroke and Nightwing rivalry returned. We got it yesterday and the reception to it is meh.

Attachment 122549
    Of course, it's been meh.

Slade looks horrible. Their fight was cut short by deus ex Jon and the sudden return of their rivalry feels as organic as Jon's and Dick's new friendship, which means not at all.

Dick suddenly being the one and only worthy opponent in Deathstroke's mind when he has been ignored by his supposed nemesis for a decade is just too fake. Especially when DC had a whole year to lead up to this confrontation but instead of doing that they focused on Batman and Deathstroke or Damian and Deathstroke. People don't want to hear that Dick playing a role in one of Deathstroke's stories - especially Shadow War - would have helped a lot, but it's basically a fact that storytelling works better with a proper lead-up.

Also, most die-hard Deathstroke vs Nightwing fans come from the Titans corner, why would they be happy with Dark Crisis #2?

Boisterously Confused

Pulled this image off a social media clickbait "article." I have to admit, I'd like to see what Alex Ross would do with this.

Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

Slade looks horrible. Their fight was cut short by deus ex Jon and the sudden return of their rivalry feels as organic as Jon's and Dick's new friendship, which means not at all.

Dick suddenly being the one and only worthy opponent in Deathstroke's mind when he has been ignored by his supposed nemesis for a decade is just too fake. Especially when DC had a whole year to lead up to this confrontation but instead of doing that they focused on Batman and Deathstroke or Damian and Deathstroke. People don't want to hear that Dick playing a role in one of Deathstroke's stories - especially Shadow War - would have helped a lot, but it's basically a fact that storytelling works better with a proper lead-up.

Also, most die-hard Deathstroke vs Nightwing fans come from the Titans corner, why would they be happy with Dark Crisis #2?
    I agree! A better buil up over time would have led to a fight with more emotional weight. He didnt even need to build it up over other content either, he could have just built up the steam in Dark Crisis and had the Deathstroke vs Nightwing battle be towards the end in an all out battle of the wits and brawn. But instead we got exactly what you described. It doenst help that ther is so much "People would care if you died Dick" like the meta commentary is really getting on my nerve. Especially since it doenst add up when you consider everything that has happened in Dick's mythos. It's so cringey to see the dialogue. I wish this was truely an elseworlds story a la Kingdom Come instead of being partly canon

Even when a Nightwing and titans book run at the same time people are not happy there is no balance
    Because Titans is backwards in that having a Nightwing book is detrimental to him in the Titans books. The last issue of Dark Crisis made the point pretty well, Nightwing’s the trophy when it comes to Titans, but whens the last time a Titans book made that point. Besides it’s covers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-07-2022 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

It’s not that Dick’s the one and only worthy opponent in Deathstroke's mind, it’s that Dick is the most worthy deterrent to others to not step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not that Dick’s the one and only worthy opponent in Deathstroke's mind, it’s that Dick is the most worthy deterrent to others to not step up.
    Yes exactly, the idea was to destroy the symbol that Nightwing represents, more than the danger it could be for his plans.

"No, my villain can't lose, he's the opposite of Batman"
    Oh, for God's sake.

Extraordinary Member

Because Titans is backwards in that having a Nightwing book is detrimental to him in the Titans books. The last issue of Dark Crisis made the point pretty well, Nightwing’s the trophy when it comes to Titans, but whens the last time a Titans book made that point. Besides it’s covers.
    It makes the point in sales. When was the last time a titans book didn’t need a bat connection.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Question, does Nightwing carrying Titans really harm him? I don't mind some baggage if they don't do anything. It's the same as Batman and the Bat fam that can't hold a title

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Question, does Nightwing carrying Titans really harm him? I don't mind some baggage if they don't do anything. It's the same as Batman and the Bat fam that can't hold a title
    Problem is not him carrying a Titans titles. The problem is using the character to sell others, so you have the character being incompetent, being humiliated or even ignored, but he will be on the cover. The reader who bought the comic because of Dick stops buying and the comic drops in sales.

Incredible Member

I actually really liked issue 2 of dark Crisis. I think alot of readers are not big on events but I`ve enjoyed this one more than others. Great character moments/interactions and Dick was very capable. His relationship with John makes sense to me.

I think I actually like Williamsons voice for Jon better than Taylors.

It makes the point in sales. When was the last time a titans book didn’t need a bat connection.
    How exactly? It needs Nightwing for sales, but the book’s content rarely reflects that.

It can when it presents him as less than. It’s basic brand protection.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-07-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Robin has been a part of the Teen titans concept since its creation. He is an intregal character to the team, which is why he is around all the time in some way shape or form. It's the same reason superman, wonder woman and batman are always in justice league content. Nightwing isn't the reason why people read Titans. People like the Titans because they like the team. Nightwing hardly carries that book or any book other than his own, for that matter.

For the context of dark crisis, I think its definitely more of the former than the latter considering Williamson is picking up on the previous Nightwing vs Deathstroke interactions where Deathstroke does respect and consider Nightwing a worthy opponent because of his skillset and the fact that his own children preferred Dick to him. Dick represents everything that Deathstroke strives to be but can't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    For the context of dark crisis, I think its definitely more of the former than the latter considering Williamson is picking up on the previous Nightwing vs Deathstroke interactions where Deathstroke does respect and consider Nightwing a worthy opponent because of his skillset and the fact that his own children preferred Dick to him. Dick represents everything that Deathstroke strives to be but can't.
    This is not what the actual text of comic presents. Slade specifically states that he wants to beat Dick in front of everyone because of what he represents. Anything past that is reading too far into it. Slade never mentions or even hints at wanting to be like Dick or his situation with his children.