Page 16 of 256 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

I'd prefer Dick to be introduced as Nightwing. The only one of the actors that I wouldn't mind playing Robin Dick is Basset because he can pull off the teenager look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The main issue is all the sites are with different actors. That's the main issue. Not only that but at first it's robin but now Nightwing. So I'm wondering which is it. I want him to appear. I'm kind off curious by the time he is Nightwing he already is with the Titans. I wonder if there will be mention in Nightwing or Batgirl.
    Most are all reporting the same actors in contention and upates from yesterday/today all seem to indicate O`Brien. Might not pan out but still something to be optimistic about.

From what I am reading the casting is for Dick Grayson, the outlets are just calling the role Robin because that's the role they are familiar with Dick Grayson being in. Either way would be okay with me. But since this is a universe with a retired Keaton, I'm assuming he is no longer Robin. If this all pans out I would probably also assume Keaton's Batman already also lost Jason.

True. This makes me wonder. Will Tim be Babs's robin. I'm curious so far what actors that have been tossed around to play Dick Grayson would you want to see play him? So far the newest one is Ethan but he is most likely playing Jason Bard. It feels weird to show us Dick Grayson so soon without the announcement. Also since many say this is a cameo how big do you think he scenes will be ? The more I think about it. I wonder if he will appear at the end
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-14-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Most are all reporting the same actors in contention and upates from yesterday/today all seem to indicate O`Brien. Might not pan out but still something to be optimistic about.

From what I am reading the casting is for Dick Grayson, the outlets are just calling the role Robin because that's the role they are familiar with Dick Grayson being in. Either way would be okay with me. But since this is a universe with a retired Keaton, I'm assuming he is no longer Robin. If this all pans out I would probably also assume Keaton's Batman already also lost Jason.
    So basically the old DCEU before Snyder said the dead Robin was Dick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically the old DCEU before Snyder said the dead Robin was Dick.
    Pretty much. I kind of like the idea of a Batfamily universe with an inactive Bruce. It makes more sense that he would have multiple grow up protégés.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Pretty much. I kind of like the idea of a Batfamily universe with an inactive Bruce. It makes more sense that he would have multiple grow up protégés.
    A Batfamily with an inactive Bruce feels weird, but it makes sense with Keaton's Batman. Although Batgirl will be getting her origin story now.

I didn't even knew Batgirl was getting a movie but wouldn't it be easier to just cast the Nightwing actor we already have if we are really going to see Dick in Batgirl? The Titans series has been a hit or miss depending on who you ask, but the actor of Nightwing has been doing a good job from what I have seen. Though, to be honest I expected them to just skip Dick altogether if we ever got Robin in a Batman movie, but I also never expected for Batgirl to get her own movie.

I think it's really funny that we have Ethan Kai cast as, seemingly, Jason Bard when he looks a lot more like you'd expect Dick Grayson to look. He's got the body, the hair, the jawline, the golden boy charm, and he's been in theater so I assume he knows how to be dramatic if not intense enough for the role. So you know, all the traditional aspects you'd want.

If Dylan O'Brien gets cast as Dick, it'll be even funnier. I've seen so many DC fans up in arms about it, so many casual people excited about it, and so many DOB stans upset DC fans are going after his appearance. Given the usual reaction to Bat characters getting cast in live-action, that might actually be a good sign lol. He's got physicality, intensity, and charm, maybe not in spades but probably enough for the job with good directing. More than his actual performance though, I think I'm more interested in seeing the Twitter comedy right now lmao. I've seen people saying he looks like a 40 year old more than once just today already.

I think the main reason why is most time Dick has this bit of a baby face. Even in the Titans actor has this bit of a baby face. Where has all these actors they been listening is looking older and don't have a age range look to many people. Like Ethan does have this range. I don't know how to feel wouldn't they have Dick Grayson will appear has one of the selling points? I think the only issue now is Batgirl isn't going to be in theaters but Nightwing will. Babs will have to show up in his movie or in Batfam movie. Since you know many will not be seeing Batgirl. I wonder how big his role is. Do you guys think Dick will make an appearance at the end? I mean it seems court of owls are in the universe. So I think maybe Dick might investigate that?

I mean his role can't be that big in the movie. If anything I can see it ending with Dick and Bruce talking since the Nightwing movie is a father-son movie. Even if we don't get Titans. Do you guys think we will get hints of them?

CBR did the article on Nightwing from Crazy

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-dceu-nightwing-mtv-rumor/
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-14-2022 at 01:47 PM.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I think it's really funny that we have Ethan Kai cast as, seemingly, Jason Bard when he looks a lot more like you'd expect Dick Grayson to look. He's got the body, the hair, the jawline, the golden boy charm, and he's been in theater so I assume he knows how to be dramatic if not intense enough for the role. So you know, all the traditional aspects you'd want.

If Dylan O'Brien gets cast as Dick, it'll be even funnier. I've seen so many DC fans up in arms about it, so many casual people excited about it, and so many DOB stans upset DC fans are going after his appearance. Given the usual reaction to Bat characters getting cast in live-action, that might actually be a good sign lol. He's got physicality, intensity, and charm, maybe not in spades but probably enough for the job with good directing. More than his actual performance though, I think I'm more interested in seeing the Twitter comedy right now lmao. I've seen people saying he looks like a 40 year old more than once just today already.
    Would much rather have Dylan O`Brien and I am definitely not a casual.

In terms of comics. Am I the only one who would want a Nightwing Beyond comic series. There is still a lot we don't know what happens in that amount of time. Also what do you guys think for Dick's future mayor or police commissioner?

I'm guess since his role is suppose to be a cameo. How do you guys think that cameo should be? Like how long and what should it be?

One thing I hope will cause to be truth is the animated Nightwing series happens if the Nightwing movie happens.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-14-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious guys. Who would you say is the worst artists that's been on Nightwing?
    I had to look it up, a guy called Toby Cypress, he illustrated the Bloodborne one shot. It's an enjoyable enough story but I seldom reread it because the art is that ugly

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I didn't even knew Batgirl was getting a movie but wouldn't it be easier to just cast the Nightwing actor we already have if we are really going to see Dick in Batgirl? The Titans series has been a hit or miss depending on who you ask, but the actor of Nightwing has been doing a good job from what I have seen. Though, to be honest I expected them to just skip Dick altogether if we ever got Robin in a Batman movie, but I also never expected for Batgirl to get her own movie.
    It's not DC if there aren't 3-4 different versions of the same character appearing existing simultaneously.

Incredible Member

Honestly, though who really wants the TV version to have his own movie. While he may look the part and become closer to the comic version, I do not think the Titans iteration is a great representation of the character. I also, do not think the Titans version would really catch on or do well in a solo film.