Page 171 of 256 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3831

I personally don't see why someone is even wasting time on writing something like Nite-Mite, but I also have dropped Nightwing a while ago and have never been a fan of characters like that, so my opinion doesn't matter. Saying that, however, the overall reaction seems quite positive. Taylor definitely knows what his audience likes and as long as Nightwing continues selling well I'm fine with it. The more popular Nightwing becomes, the more content we get, and eventually we will have something for everyone's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I did think that was interesting inversion. The annual does have a higher page-count, so maybe Taylor is making use of that.

Would love if this were the case, but if we are to have a wedding on #100, we are running out of time for set up. Unless it were to be an spontaneous event, which come to think of it, does fit Dick's character.
    No marriage, but i think #100 might have Dick and Babs moving in together? Im thinking that might be what the question is, for them to move in together. A wedding after reading the solicit of 98 seems very forced with zero build up to hype it up. If it is a wedding, i dont know if it will be well received. Idk, issue 98 seems REALLY out of place, it kind of muddles things and is yet another deviation from the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Yes, it's very strange, but it doesn't surprise me.

Revealing the origin of the villain who promised to be something in the Annual and focusing on bringing up an internet joke (Nite-Wing comes from twitter) kind of shows how Taylor doesn't take this run seriously.
    Nite-wing was a character from Dixon's run. This run has has Nite-Mite. Which actually, there was a guy on tumblr that has a headcannon from 2013 about Batmite turning into Night-Mite.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    If anything, the annual reveal is to draw people to it. Would anyone care to buy Nite-Mite if it wasn't in the main book?

Now that's an issue we need to see. Not opposed to getting out of Bludhaven hijinks every so often and showcasing Dick with the greater DCU and his vast, often forgotten relationships with other characters. Hopefully, the end of this arc allows for some creativity. Because truly, I'm getting bored of Heartless and Blockbuster at this point. I think it's just been a few issues long with no real traction. Even tho I don't mind Taylor's writing as much as everyone else.
    Nite Mite is in the main focus on Nightwing 98. The Nightwing annual is about Heartless and Bitewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally don't see why someone is even wasting time on writing something like Nite-Mite, but I also have dropped Nightwing a while ago and have never been a fan of characters like that, so my opinion doesn't matter. Saying that, however, the overall reaction seems quite positive. Taylor definitely knows what his audience likes and as long as Nightwing continues selling well I'm fine with it. The more popular Nightwing becomes, the more content we get, and eventually we will have something for everyone's taste.
    Facts. I agree with this. I dont think Nightwing is getting more popular as Nightwing has kinda always had this much appearances between having the Titans stuff, always being part of major events from both the greater universe to Batman themed ones. Like the amount of Nightwing content right now isnt really indicative of him becoming more popular but rather just returning to the time period before he became Ric Grayson. But I do think Nightwing is getting more of his OG fans back after they dropped him from Ric or people who picked it up from COVID. IDK I feel that by time Dick truely becomes A-List and is on superman or flash levels of popularity, I wont be that much interested in the character. Im hoping I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nite-Mite... The jury is out on. On the hand, at a very base level? He's a "take" on a Batman villain, which isn't the kind of thing Dick needs more of. On the other hand, that kind of utterly non street-level Old School comic bookery that you'd expect these days to see Superman take on rather than a Bat Character? That's exactly the kind of thing Dick does need more of - I'd love this to be a threshold in Taylor's run, and for things like that to appear more regularly once we're past #100.
    I'd argue that this feels more like a riff on a Superman villain, as Myx is the bigger name and (I think) original 5th dimensional imp.

But otherwise? Absolutely agree. This is *exactly* the kind of weird crap I've wanted out of Nightwing for years. I'm enjoying the current run, just finished 95 a couple hours ago, but Nightwing going bigger and crazier than street level "I protect this city from mobsters" is much, much needed, and so very welcome.

I cannot wait for this.

On the other hand, post Dark Crisis that's an itch that might end up scratched by a decent Titans book.
    Well, a couple years ago a lot of us here would've said that getting a decent solo was virtually impossible, and Dick getting this much quality attention seemed legit impossible, so I can't say that a quality Titans title is completely out of the realm of possibility but.....do we dare think DC would actually do a Titans reunion well?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

You guys want a titans reunion again? Im hoping after dark crisis dick gets a new team! Hopefully one with Black Adam, Yara and Wally on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    You guys want a titans reunion again? Im hoping after dark crisis dick gets a new team! Hopefully one with Black Adam, Yara and Wally on it.
    Exact same boat. I’m over Titan reunions. Good as friends. But I’d rather explore the possibility of other teams. Black Adam is an excellent choice.

I suppose it depends - if the Annual is mostly flashback, or with Heartless as the "lead", then that kind of 'supplementary' material feels like the kind of thing Annuals are used for these days.

Nite-Mite... The jury is out on. On the hand, at a very base level? He's a "take" on a Batman villain, which isn't the kind of thing Dick needs more of. On the other hand, that kind of utterly non street-level Old School comic bookery that you'd expect these days to see Superman take on rather than a Bat Character? That's exactly the kind of thing Dick does need more of - I'd love this to be a threshold in Taylor's run, and for things like that to appear more regularly once we're past #100. I have no issue, especially, with frequent guest stars - and I've criticised other runs for not going to that well as often as they could - but "Dick goes into space with Starfire" feels more interesting to me than "Starfire comes to Bludhaven to see Dick".

On the other hand, post Dark Crisis that's an itch that might end up scratched by a decent Titans book.
    Is Bat-Mite really a Batman villain? I mean, I know he tends to mess around, but I've never seen him as a villain.

Honestly I wish we got more of Dick interacting with the Titans outside of Bludhaven than having them come to Bludhaven where they are drastically too overpowered for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I did think that was interesting inversion. The annual does have a higher page-count, so maybe Taylor is making use of that.

Would love if this were the case, but if we are to have a wedding on #100, we are running out of time for set up. Unless it were to be an spontaneous event, which come to think of it, does fit Dick's character.
    It might just be a proposal. Also I get the feeling Babs time as batgirl will be ending in this run. As much as I’d like the big wedding, they could just go down to the courthouse

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I’d rather they break the Titans up and put them all on different teams. Wouldn’t mind Nightwing and Raven to stick together on a new team however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    We get it your not a fan of the run. No need to be such a hater. It is very obvious Taylor takes this run seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that people on this thread are spinning everything in a negative way too.
    Could we knock off with the personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and there's no need for personal jabs against those who don't share your POV.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

This. Agree with this so much.

while I'm still pulling this run, I'm not a fan at all however I figured just like you, the more popular Nightwing gets the greater likelihood that we'll get more material. More material should mean more variety.

Already we're are seeing the variety increase in not just Nightwing material but also RobinDick material.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Nite-wing was a character from Dixon's run.
    Correct. Here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I wish we got more of Dick interacting with the Titans outside of Bludhaven than having them come to Bludhaven where they are drastically too overpowered for.
    LOL! Overpowered visitors seem to be a running gag with this series (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-20-2022 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Exact same boat. I’m over Titan reunions. Good as friends. But I’d rather explore the possibility of other teams. Black Adam is an excellent choice.
    Yeah I picture him as like the wolverine to Nightwing's cyclops on a team, would be so much fun lol

I suppose it depends - if the Annual is mostly flashback, or with Heartless as the "lead", then that kind of 'supplementary' material feels like the kind of thing Annuals are used for these days.

Nite-Mite... The jury is out on. On the hand, at a very base level? He's a "take" on a Batman villain, which isn't the kind of thing Dick needs more of. On the other hand, that kind of utterly non street-level Old School comic bookery that you'd expect these days to see Superman take on rather than a Bat Character? That's exactly the kind of thing Dick does need more of - I'd love this to be a threshold in Taylor's run, and for things like that to appear more regularly once we're past #100. I have no issue, especially, with frequent guest stars - and I've criticised other runs for not going to that well as often as they could - but "Dick goes into space with Starfire" feels more interesting to me than "Starfire comes to Bludhaven to see Dick".

I'm honestly so excited for Nite-Mite. Wacky characters like that work with Dick better than with Bruce I think, maybe it's because Dick's origin of being a circus orphan who became a vigilante as a pre-teen is inherently ridiculous so him facing ridiculous situations isn't that out there.

I'm not sure if this was posted, but Didio at 59 minutes mark tells a story about how he wanted to kill Dick: https://www.spreaker.com/user/wordba...wbdandidio0822

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure if this was posted, but Didio at 59 minutes mark tells a story about how he wanted to kill Dick: https://www.spreaker.com/user/wordba...wbdandidio0822
    Funny how they laugh when they admit their editorial inefficiency.