Page 179 of 256 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Double Dare Twins were fun. And Lady Vic.
    Always had a soft spot for Torque (LOL):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. I wish we got some Heartless focus for sure. Blockbusters not super compelling but he satisfactory fills the role he’s meant for. Not like the Dixons version was super nuanced.
    He really wasn't at all (and I always did feel he was simply Dixon's version of Miller's Kingpin, which was a mistake to even attempt). I feel as if Taylor has given him a little more texture, but there's really only so much you can do with what you're given.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dixon’s silly rogues were hardly threatening. Even Blockbuster, as imposing as Blockbuster looked it’s hard to forget his muscle was a karate cowboy with a whip.
    That's a really good point. I never even took to Shrike, who it was clear they were trying to make his opposite number.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 08-30-2022 at 08:55 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I prefer the small age gap.
    Attachment 124267
    DC likes too much Dick and Barbara with the same age (since it allows teen romance).

So, I wouldn't expect an age gap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    He really wasn't at all (and I always did feel he was simply Dixon's version of Miller's Kingpin, which was a mistake to even attempt). I feel as if Taylor has given him a little more texture, but there's really only so much you can do with what you're given.
    Seeley tried to make him more distinct although now they've just defaulted back to more or less Dixon's Blockbuster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    DC likes too much Dick and Barbara with the same age (since it allows teen romance).

So, I wouldn't expect an age gap anymore.
    They've been pretty much about the same age for...how many years now? Feels like it's been a while.

Oddly enough other media seem to still play up an age difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I prefer the small age gap.
    Attachment 124267
    lol, both pretending to be older than they are. Though wouldn't Batwoman have been a vacant mantle at the time? Kathy was retired, and Kate hadn't yet debuted (Dick's Nightwing already before she becomes a superhero).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

They've been pretty much about the same age for...how many years now? Feels like it's been a while.

Oddly enough other media seem to still play up an age difference between the two.
    They have the same age since New52 (where both had 21 years old). That said, the original age gap was reduced a lot even before that.

Other media uses an age difference if they don't want the character to be a couple (the most blatant example is DC Superhero Girls). If they want the characters to be a couple, it's pretty possible the characters will have similar age.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-31-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Art by Daniele Di Nicuolo, artist of the upcoming issue #98.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dixon’s silly rogues were hardly threatening. Even Blockbuster, as imposing as Blockbuster looked it’s hard to forget his muscle was a karate cowboy with a whip.
    The designs more than anything is what held them back. Blockbuster is pretty dull though, on that I agree. I do wish someone would pick up Flamingo and use him as a Nightwing Rogue because his mix of flamboyance and fucked up nature/backstory feel like it could be a great contrast with Dick. Would need to cure his brain damage so he could talk too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Art by Daniele Di Nicuolo, artist of the upcoming issue #98.

Very stylized .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, both pretending to be older than they are. Though wouldn't Batwoman have been a vacant mantle at the time? Kathy was retired, and Kate hadn't yet debuted (Dick's Nightwing already before she becomes a superhero).
    Kathy didn't even exist at this point. Kate was the first Batwoman until Morrison brought Kathy back, but it doesn't matter because Post Crisis is also Post Killing Joke so all Batgirl stories were there just for back stories, so there wasn't any use in changing it

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    They have the same age since New52 (where both had 21 years old). That said, the original age gap was reduced a lot even before that.

Other media uses an age difference if they don't want the character to be a couple (the most blatant example is DC Superhero Girls). If they want the characters to be a couple, it's pretty possible the characters will have similar age.
    Really Babs should be a few years older it puts her closer to Black Canary anyway and it makes her origin a little more fitting because you have to make her debut in high school or have pushed her closer to Jason's debut.

Although, I get they want to avoid Babs knowing Dick when he was underage and she wasn't. Partially why I don't care for Dick with Babs but it's been a done deal for a while now.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Today's Dark Knights of Steel had the origin of the Robins, with Dick as the main focus. Also Haley appears.

He had a quick cameo in Batman too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Really Babs should be a few years older it puts her closer to Black Canary anyway and it makes her origin a little more fitting because you have to make her debut in high school or have pushed her closer to Jason's debut.
    I'm pretty sure DC likes the idea of Barbara debut as Batgirl being in High School (and Batman being her mentor). This would be another reason why they make Barbara age similar to Dick.

I know this is contradictory with Barbara real debut (where she was an adult), but DC doesn't really care about retconning that part.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-06-2022 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Today's Dark Knights of Steel had the origin of the Robins, with Dick as the main focus. Also Haley appears.

He had a quick cameo in Batman too.
    They also had Kori deliver a Barbara line from Taylor's Nightwing run, which I found amusing .

They also had Kori deliver a Barbara line from Taylor's Nightwing run, which I found amusing .
    Taylor wants to please everyone, but only knows one line.