Page 184 of 256 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Wonder how Nightwing and Batman will work on the same team? They have the same skill set.

I don't want Dick on the new JL that was set up to promote a different successor. Dick belongs in Bludheaven building up his own world and cast not keeping Bruce's sit warm.

Stuff like that is why after over 80 years Dick Grayson is only finally approaching A list status treatment in 2022. Treatment he should have been getting for years if he wasn't treated as a poor man's Batman.
    I don't believe that DC new dawn poster is the new JL roster but if it is than I may finally get dick and diana interactions

If Nightwing can be on the same team with robin than he can be on the same team with Batman also! Nothing says I'm your equal like standing side by side and being in the same League as you!! Just saying.

Plus they can always just throw on some of that magical "good writing" everyone says will my Bludhaven work!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I don't believe that DC new dawn poster is the new JL roster but if it is than I may finally get dick and diana interactions

If Nightwing can be on the same team with robin than he can be on the same team with Batman also! Nothing says I'm your equal like standing side by side and being in the same League as you!! Just saying.

C819085A-179E-40B2-89EC-7CDF5DCF00DF.jpg

Plus they can always just throw on some of that magical "good writing" everyone says will my Bludhaven work!
    They have interacted before

The "Dawn of the DCU" cover looks good. Wouldn't mind if they elaborated on the multiversal constant concept Seeley introduced. They reconstructed the Great Darkness for this event already. But covers are just covers and sometimes they are better than the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Perhaps? Idk, it’s actually one of my favorites covers for the event lmao the art is the best thing about this event!

I highly doubt this event is indicative of DC/WBD actually putting huge money on Nightwing! Considering that the writer himself said there is no major changes comming out of this!

This doesn’t make me excited at all for what’s to come lol Taylor is the last person I’d go to for Nightwing reimagining/synergy. But I applaud williamson for Atleast trying not to derail Nightwing comics. I just don’t think Taylor’s direction is gonna do any good for Nightwing in the future.
    Agreed. Neither Taylor nor Williamson are great visionaries. Taylor can make new characters but especially his Nightwing characters have lacked substance. Williamson writes good character moments but hasn't given Dick that much to do yet in a comic in which he's supposed to be the big thing apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They've made Batman and The Outsiders and changed Superman/Batman to Batman/Superman
    In Rebirth finally they made Batgirl and The Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey
    It hasn't happened yet with Nightwing because the Titans brand with the 2003 cartoon, current live action series, and 80s NTT is still much stronger than Nightwing
    It's getting there with Young Justice and LA Titans most popular character being Nightwing but it may still take years before he can completely overtake them and not be a stepping stone. It already happens in the comics, Nightwing is infinitely more popular than the rest of the Titans, but just comics. The gap isn't big enough for the public and whoever's in charge.
    (Teen) Titans and Nightwing have historically sold similarly. It's only now with Taylor on Nightwing and TTA being a disaster that Nightwing started to significantly outsell Titans.

Spectacular Member

I don't know about that. Just how historically is that historically? Rebirth? New 52...NTT? When was the last time the Titans were a dependable #2 level sell...or 1?

Also which of the other Titans has carried a long running dependable sells book?
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-16-2022 at 04:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    (Teen) Titans and Nightwing have historically sold similarly. It's only now with Taylor on Nightwing and TTA being a disaster that Nightwing started to significantly outsell Titans.
    Lord Nightwing has been a consistent top seller for DC for a decade it use to be bimonthly like Batman it’s only significant dip happens during the ric era. The titans brand has struggled the last decade with the exception of rebirth which was shutdown to be under JL management, becuase god forbid a team of competent and powerful heroes exist that isn’t the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I don't know about that. Just how historically is that historically? RRebirth? New 52...NTT? When was the last time the Titans were a dependable #2 level sell...or 1?

Also which of the other Titans has carried a long running dependable sells book?
    By "historically" I mean ever since Nightwing has had a solo book (the mid-90s). NTT was outselling every other DC by a fuckton but that was in the 80s. Geoff Johns' Teen Titans also sold extremely well. Outside of that, they have had similar sales. Nightwing has usually not been a high-seller either.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know about that. Just how historically is that historically? RRebirth? New 52...NTT? When was the last time the Titans were a dependable #2 level sell...or 1?

The only answer is Wally but he is so far removed from the titans brand I can’t say him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    By "historically" I mean ever since Nightwing has had a solo book (the mid-90s). NTT was outselling every other DC by a fuckton but that was in the 80s. Geoff Johns' Teen Titans also sold extremely well. Outside of that, they have had similar sales. Nightwing has usually not been a high-seller either.
    Sure in 80s NTT outsold Batman. But I'm not sure a data point from 40 years ago reflects the current market.

Sure in 80s NTT outsold Batman. But I'm not sure a data point from 40 years ago reflects the current market.
    I'm not saying it does. I'm saying it's not like one franchise is more valuable than the other.

I'm not sure why we are having this discussion though. A Titans book doing well would be good for Dick. That New Dawn image pretty much confirms DC is making a Titans relaunch with Nightwing next year.
    Last edited by Reddead; 09-16-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

Well, you wrote something, I wrote something, I write something...it's how discussions work.

Sure, they will probably try to do another Titans run. Doesn't mean I think it's good for Dick in particular. I don't think it's as bad for Dick as a move to a JLD team would be for Damian, but I don't think it's will increase his fanbase.

Part of what made NTT successful was that the team was young heros growing into their roles. That time has passed. Dick isn't Robin anymore emerging into Nightwing. He is a strong, capable adult man, capable of standing on his own (except in the Taylor run).
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-16-2022 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, you wrote something, I wrote something, I write something...it's how discussions work.

Sure, they will probably try to do another Titans run. Doesn't mean I think it's good for Dick in particular. I don't think it's as bad for Dick as a move to a JLD team would be for Damian, but I don't think it's will increase his fanbase.

Part of what made NTT successful was that the team was young heros growing into their roles. That time has passed. Dick isn't Robin anymore emerging into Nightwing. He is a strong, capable adult man, capable of standing on his own (except in the Taylor run).
    An adult knows when to ask for help.

He's using his allies - Tim, the Titans, Barbara, Jon. He's not having them fight all his battles for him though. They've been used for undercover work, rounding up henchmen, and protecting his secret identity. How is it any different than Iron Man having War Machine's aid, or Captain Marvel regularly having Spider-Woman help out? Or, Batman calling in Zatanna?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's using his allies - Tim, the Titans, Barbara, Jon. He's not having them fight all his battles for him though. They've been used for undercover work, rounding up henchmen, and protecting his secret identity. How is it any different than Iron Man having War Machine's aid, or Captain Marvel regularly having Spider-Woman help out? Or, Batman calling in Zatanna?
    Or Superman coming in for the last minute save in the latest issue of Batman?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Man, these solicitations. Yawn. If Taylor has to bring another Zucco to Blüdhaven can't it at least be Sonia?