Page 192 of 256 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess Zucco counts...but I wouldn't get my hopes up with Taylor.
    I don’t think zucco is a year long obstacle, esp with the resources at dicks command. It’ll be a short arc that fleshed out Melinda some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I forget, was Blockbuster written as more noble in Nightwing Rebirth by Tim Seely?
    Maybe not "noble" but he had his own code and genuinely cared about Bludhaven.

Astonishing Member

I think Babs really had to bring up Bruce's "programming" when urging Dick to accept that he could be happy, because the shadow of the Bat/Cat relationship is long. "Bruce thinks this - and was recently shown in a high profile event to think this - is how a Gotham Hero thinks, and we're not on the same page as him on this."
    (I see Bruno Redondo has playfully mentioned on Twitter that the shot of Dick in shadow staring out at the city that opens that sequence is "Tom King style.")

I also enjoyed that... Sure, Blockbuster got a shot in. But Dick could take him, and could always have taken him - he just hadn't had to until now.He had a bigger plan to dismantle him, which will remove his influence more effectively than punching him in the face on Day One and putting him in prison would have.
    Last edited by Claude; 09-20-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Didn't Babs kind of jilt him? Not at the altar per se, but she just handed his ring back to him.

Didn't Babs kind of jilt him? Not at the altar per se, but she just handed his ring back to him.
    It's always Barbara who breaks up with Dick and always blames him. "-Ah, I'm sorry that you're clearly depressed. But I don't want to bother, so let's finish it so you can sink even further and be easy prey for Tarantula"

Not to mention this scene that I love.
    Nightwing Vol. 03 - Death of the Family-016.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It's always Barbara who breaks up with Dick and always blames him. "-Ah, I'm sorry that you're clearly depressed. But I don't want to bother, so let's finish it so you can sink even further and be easy prey for Tarantula"

Not to mention this scene that I love.
    Nightwing Vol. 03 - Death of the Family-016.jpg
    As much as I love Babs...she really is kind of a jerk sometimes .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How can he have the bigger connection, when Alfred is the one doing most of the parenting. When they are hungry, when they are sick, when school calls. His role can never be diminished, Bruce is the one figuring out the balance of Batman and himself, then takes in a child and has to juggle that as well. And he’s not the best at it, he’ll 4 kids later he’s still not
    By reading the golden and silver age, where Bruce is a father and Alfred is just a butler, not the modern retcon where Bruce is too obsessive about crime to pay attention

BANNED

As much as I love Babs...she really is kind of a jerk sometimes .
    To be fair, Manhattan had removed a lot of the love from everyone around this time per the New 52, so this doesn't count. I don't even think Babs 'jilting' Dick counts all that much either because Gail explained and resolved that in Convergence. Dick and Babs appear to get 'married' in every crisis now.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-21-2022 at 01:28 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think Babs really had to bring up Bruce's "programming" when urging Dick to accept that he could be happy, because the shadow of the Bat/Cat relationship is long. "Bruce thinks this - and was recently shown in a high profile event to think this - is how a Gotham Hero thinks, and we're not on the same page as him on this."
    (I see Bruno Redondo has playfully mentioned on Twitter that the shot of Dick in shadow staring out at the city that opens that sequence is "Tom King style.")

I also enjoyed that... Sure, Blockbuster got a shot in. But Dick could take him, and could always have taken him - he just hadn't had to until now.He had a bigger plan to dismantle him, which will remove his influence more effectively than punching him in the face on Day One and putting him in prison would have.

^^ This is very key. A factor some people who have complained about Dick's "effectiveness" over the course of the run may not have taken into consideration.

That said, think Taylor could have done a "better" job in the structuring of the story. While I've enjoyed it for the most part, don't think it needed as many issues as it did to get here.

Also, think Heartless should have been introduced in the second arc. First as a boogey-man, then with his actual appearance in issue 92 (where he meets Blockbuster).

All in all, cool issue.

Extraordinary Member

So the synopsis for 96 included the question they ask each other. That question is if being together makes each other happy and they both agree yes. Danger be Danmmed.

97 synopsis says Batgirl gives Nightwing her answer and they talk.
    I expect this to be our epilogue to the blockbuster arc. Nite-Mite the breather episode. And season two of Taylor Nightwing following in December.

But issue 100 is set for January and will be post the big finale of dark crisis so who could be really sure if a mobster zucco arc would be it’s true direction? I just don’t see zucco as a worth adversary this point in Grayson life, unless he is more so for Melinda.

About 96, spoilers:
    Not convinced BB is dead. Wouldn’t be the first time he got a new heart. Either way was glad to see some resolution between them. Never truly got that.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

I think the first act/saga/arc was about Blockbuster while the second will be about Heartless.
    The next writer will bring BB back so Idc about the stupid thing that was killing him (when it was a nice set up for an arc).
    Still, I think it will be better now with Taylor focusing new villains, with BB it seems he only read Dixonand ignored Seeley while with Zucco it seems he didn't read higgins and Snuder's TEC , so is sad because we wont be Paragon ,Two faces or Seeley/Humphrey villains

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    To be fair, Manhattan had removed a lot of the love from everyone around this time per the New 52, so this doesn't count. I don't even think Babs 'jilting' Dick counts all that much either because Gail explained and resolved that in Convergence. Dick and Babs appear to get 'married' in every crisis now.
    To be fair she has her moments even in Post-Crisis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I think the first act/saga/arc was about Blockbuster while the second will be about Heartless.
    The next writer will bring BB back so Idc about the stupid thing that was killing him (when it was a nice set up for an arc).
    Still, I think it will be better now with Taylor focusing new villains, with BB it seems he only read Dixonand ignored Seeley while with Zucco it seems he didn't read higgins and Snuder's TEC , so is sad because we wont be Paragon ,Two faces or Seeley/Humphrey villains
    I think we should just give up on expecting a lot from Taylor writing villains. They've never been his strong suit unless he can write them as heroes or basically crazy good guys.

Incredible Member

Not going to lie, I hated Seely's Blockbuster. I kind of liked Deathwing and Raptor but that's it. Did not like any of his Nightwing side cast. Hated Humphries run in its entirety. I also did not like Higgins villains or how he characterized Sonia Zucco. Like he completely missed Snyder's characterization. She was morally ambiguous in Snyder's run and in Higgins a flat love interest. So far Melinda has not had much attention or been fleshed out so she's less interesting than Snyder`s Melinda but a lot more interesting than Higgins.

I am completely okay with ignoring almost all of Higgins run. Only the first 12 issues or so were decent. Than it hit rock bottom with Death of The Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Not going to lie, I hated Seely's Blockbuster. I kind of liked Deathwing and Raptor but that's it. Did not like any of his Nightwing side cast. Hated Humphries run in its entirety. I also did not like Higgins villains or how he characterized Sonia Zucco. Like he completely missed Snyder's characterization. She was morally ambiguous in Snyder's run and in Higgins a flat love interest. So far Melinda has not had much attention or been fleshed out so she's less interesting than Snyder`s Melinda but a lot more interesting than Higgins.

I am completely okay with ignoring almost all of Higgins run. Only the first 12 issues or so were decent. Than it hit rock bottom with Death of The Family.
    I had the complete opposite reactions to a lot of this! Although I could take or leave Humphries' run.