Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    My wish list at the moment is rather "simple":
    Taylor using more recent Dick material (Batman, Grayson, Rebirth) in his run.
    Taylor somehow fixing Titans.
    I'd be happy with both of those.

My number one wish is that Taylor and Redondo stay on the title, and we don't end up with a Ben Percy situation where the ground collapses underneath them on the eve of a big swing! Or, indeed, a Grayson situation.

Other than that, within comics.....
    1) The Jon and Wally crossover/guest appearances to pay off later in the year with a Shadow War/War For Earth 3 style "event" limited to a month or two with Taylor taking over The Flash for the duration for a proper, splashy, attention-grabbing Nightwing/Superman/Flash story.
    2) Batman/Superman to be as delightful as the promo art suggests.
    3) Blockbuster and/or Heartless to turn out to be interesting.
    4) You know, I wouldn't hate a Red X mini-series telling the story of Dick taking on the identity - it's such an important part of the TTA backstory, would be nice to see.
    5) Whether it's with the Titans or with Nightwing solo, something good with Deathstroke.

Otherwise, yeah, feels like it's been a good year for Dick - onwards and upwards!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    My wish list at the moment is rather "simple":
    Taylor using more recent Dick material (Batman, Grayson, Rebirth) in his run.
    Taylor somehow fixing Titans.

I'd love to get Nightwing focused animated movie, but I think that is less realistic that my two comics related wishes. As for movies, after reading latest Flashpoint spoilers it feels like DC movies are going to turn into even a bigger **** show than it currently is and it doesn't look like it'll have room for Nightwing.
    Why do you think that? It looks like the beginning of the batfamily to me? Can’t be worse then before since Dick Grayson is dead in the present DCU movies

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do you think that? It looks like the beginning of the batfamily to me? Can’t be worse then before since Dick Grayson is dead in the present DCU movies
    Probably because Bruce (Michael Keaton) is 70, so Dick would presumably be 50 at his youngest. Based on Babs age, he'd be more of a Terry McGinnis character introduced in his mid-20's otherwise. Or he'd be introduced as Babs' sidekick lmao. It is marginally better than the character being dead on arrival, literally, so you got that part right imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    4) You know, I wouldn't hate a Red X mini-series telling the story of Dick taking on the identity - it's such an important part of the TTA backstory, would be nice to see.
    5) Whether it's with the Titans or with Nightwing solo, something good with Deathstroke.
    Just wanted to highlight that these would be really cool to see. I'm especially interested in Dick's time as Red X and his dealings with the second one too. Would be neat to see those broken down into two different mini-series, I just have to wonder how long it might take for someone at DC to deliver on the demand for that...

It's pretty unfortunate to see Bruce and Damian going up against Slade again in an event, with Dick nowhere to be seen, but oh well. Dick cameos alongside Babs in an issue of Deathstroke's book so maybe that'll lead up to something, someday.

I do want to talk about the Flash book though, I think it's significantly stronger than the Nightwing book overall. I'm excited for it, but the Flash issues of Nightwing is just bringing Wally over to Bludhaven for two issues, whereas the Flash book just took Wally and the entire Justice League Dark to Gemworld. So if anyone's going to take lead on a hypothetical Nightwing/Flash crossover, I'd want it to be Jeremy Adams.

That said, I really, really hope we stop getting crossovers or events involving books like Nightwing now, and instead we just get mini-series for crossovers. Less Fear State, more Devil's Reign. This Nightwing run already feels like a Daredevil one anyways, might as well learn from it lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 01-03-2022 at 11:14 PM.

Thought this tidbit from Tynion’s newsletter was interesting and it sort of gives insight into why Bludhaven is the way it is:
    To this end – Moving the Bat-Family members away from the Batman Mythology never accomplishes what folks want it to (Bludhaven doesn’t count it’s still in the larger Gotham Metropolitan area, and the recent Robin series took Damian out of Gotham to explore new corners of the larger world around the Al Ghul family which all works great).
    Guess this explains why they ditched the Las Vegas aesthetic. From their perspective Bludhaven is in Gotham
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thought this tidbit from Tynion’s newsletter was interesting and it sort of gives insight into why Bludhaven is the way it is:

Guess this explains why they ditched the Las Vegas aesthetic. From their perspective Bludhaven is in Gotham
    Flies in the face of everyone who wants Batfamily members doing their own stuff outside of Gotham...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Probably because Bruce (Michael Keaton) is 70, so Dick would presumably be 50 at his youngest. Based on Babs age, he'd be more of a Terry McGuinness character introduced in his mid-20's otherwise. Or he'd be introduced as Babs' sidekick lmao. It is marginally better than the character being dead on arrival, literally, so you got that part right imo.

Just wanted to highlight that these would be really cool to see. I'm especially interested in Dick's time as Red X and his dealings with the second one too. Would be neat to see those broken down into two different mini-series, I just have to wonder how long it might take for someone at DC to deliver on the demand for that...

It's pretty unfortunate to see Bruce and Damian going up against Slade again in an event, with Dick nowhere to be seen, but oh well. Dick cameos alongside Babs in an issue of Deathstroke's book so maybe that'll lead up to something, someday.

I do want to talk about the Flash book though, I think it's significantly stronger than the Nightwing book overall. I'm excited for it, but the Flash issues of Nightwing is just bringing Wally over to Bludhaven for two issues, whereas the Flash book just took Wally and the entire Justice League Dark to Gemworld. So if anyone's going to take lead on a hypothetical Nightwing/Flash crossover, I'd want it to be Jeremy Adams.

That said, I really, really hope we stop getting crossovers or events involving books like Nightwing now, and instead we just get mini-series for crossovers. Less Fear State, more Devil's Reign. This Nightwing run already feels like a Daredevil one anyways, might as well learn from it lol.
    Why would dick be 50? He’s adopted he can any age he could be 30 like titans. Also Keaton is 70 we don’t know how old his Bruce yet. The magic of a chi editing

Yeah Bludhaven being it's own city was always cap, it's just the naborhood down the street. But hey that's seems to be what fans want so it's whatever. Happy new year everyone

Why would dick be 50? He’s adopted he can any age he could be 30 like titans. Also Keaton is 70 we don’t know how old his Bruce yet. The magic of a chi editing
    It completely destroys the Batman and Robin dynamic that Bruce and Dick have. You age Dick down, you get the Bruce and Tim dynamic, or even the Bruce and Carrie dynamic, erasing the early days of their respective careers and the impact they have on each other. Plus, that would still mean Dick is like 30-45, you're not going to see much of an accurate Robin or Nightwing from that. If he was Babs age, you get the Bruce and Terry dynamic, which is even worse, since that's already the relationship DCEU Babs has with Bruce. If you introduced a proper, teen adaptation of Robin, he'd be young enough to be Babs' sidekick.

I could live with "Dick McGinnis" if it meant the focus was more on the Titans. But we all know that's never been a priority for anyone at WB when it comes to Dick Grayson. So the end result is absolutely no respect paid to Dick's role or standing as Robin. That leaves you with Nightwing, but from what we know, Babs is the main Bat of the DCEU. So again, he has no real standing or role as Nightwing either. That leaves us with a subpar Robin adaptation (again...) or with a Nightwing in name only (which to be fair, is what he is usually when next to Batman these days anyways). He's either too old for WB to care, too close in age to Babs that he plays second fiddle at best, or young enough that they change things around to replace Bruce in his life with Babs which... would make his current relationship in the comics pretty odd-sounding. Or you know, not important enough for them to even want to include when they have a Batgirl to market.

I guess we always have the Titans show, for better or worse. I'm not holding out hope for it, but maybe Matt Reeves will surprise us with Robin in a Dark Victory-inspired sequel.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest since it's something I've noticed for quite a while, but it is kinda funny to see it in plain text like that lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 01-03-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    1) The Jon and Wally crossover/guest appearances to pay off later in the year with a Shadow War/War For Earth 3 style "event" limited to a month or two with Taylor taking over The Flash for the duration for a proper, splashy, attention-grabbing Nightwing/Superman/Flash story.
    I was thinking if we won't get more stuff with Earth-3 considering that some version of Ultraman is responsible for Jon's age up.

That DC considers Blüdhaven a part of Gotham is terribly unsurprising. You're probably right that they dropped the Las Vegas aesthetic because of it. It made Blüd visibly different and not just into a lighter version of Gotham the way Blüd currently is and Burnside was.

[...]
    I do want to talk about the Flash book though, I think it's significantly stronger than the Nightwing book overall. I'm excited for it, but the Flash issues of Nightwing is just bringing Wally over to Bludhaven for two issues, whereas the Flash book just took Wally and the entire Justice League Dark to Gemworld. So if anyone's going to take lead on a hypothetical Nightwing/Flash crossover, I'd want it to be Jeremy Adams. [...]
    I'd like to see Adams take on Dick, and a better setting if The Flash book holds the reigns is pretty much guaranteed.

[...] I'm not holding out hope for it, but maybe Matt Reeves will surprise us with Robin in a Dark Victory-inspired sequel.[...]
    Has Reeves ever said anything about Dark Victory? I thought it's the producer of The Long Halloween who wants to do an adaptation?

Either way, I would love for Dick to be introduced at the end of The Batman. And an animated Dark Victory wouldn't be bad either.

Other wishes for 2022:

A strong Gotham Knights Dick Grayson story with a proper connection to the Owls.

A YJ arc that is actually focused on him not just marketed as a Nightwing arc.

A nice role in Harley Quinn Season 3.

A good Earth-3 Event with a subsequent good Titans book, which can use the potential stories that should come out of Dick clashing with Talon, Owlman, a former Spyral agent, and E-3 Donna Troy.

Exploring Dick's time as Red X would be cool and overdue, but I'd prefer TTA to have been a student's fever dream.

For Dick's history with Slade to be properly acknowledged in Shadow War.

For the "big thing" Taylondo have planned for #100 to not involve Babs. Technically that's 2023 but solicitations for it are gonna be out this year.

For actual prior to Taylondo Dick Grayson supporting cast and rogues to come back - not just half-concepts from the 90s.

Some non-performative exploration of Dick being Romani.

I just want to see Raptor this year
    Last edited by Pohzee; 01-04-2022 at 06:14 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We're dodging a bullet.

I know we all want a Nightwing movie but given the way most of DC's films turn out? Better to get nothing than something like Birds of Prey or some of the other stinky duds that've been churned out.
    It's not the right time for it. A movie in this mess of a universe would probably flop just because of the lack of faith people have in Warner Brother right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I absolutely second this, I still feel Raptor was one of the most interesting and dynamic things to happen to Dick in a long time.

Extraordinary Member

It completely destroys the Batman and Robin dynamic that Bruce and Dick have. You age Dick down, you get the Bruce and Tim dynamic, or even the Bruce and Carrie dynamic, erasing the early days of their respective careers and the impact they have on each other. Plus, that would still mean Dick is like 30-45, you're not going to see much of an accurate Robin or Nightwing from that. If he was Babs age, you get the Bruce and Terry dynamic, which is even worse, since that's already the relationship DCEU Babs has with Bruce. If you introduced a proper, teen adaptation of Robin, he'd be young enough to be Babs' sidekick.

I could live with "Dick McGinnis" if it meant the focus was more on the Titans. But we all know that's never been a priority for anyone at WB when it comes to Dick Grayson. So the end result is absolutely no respect paid to Dick's role or standing as Robin. That leaves you with Nightwing, but from what we know, Babs is the main Bat of the DCEU. So again, he has no real standing or role as Nightwing either. That leaves us with a subpar Robin adaptation (again...) or with a Nightwing in name only (which to be fair, is what he is usually when next to Batman these days anyways). He's either too old for WB to care, too close in age to Babs that he plays second fiddle at best, or young enough that they change things around to replace Bruce in his life with Babs which... would make his current relationship in the comics pretty odd-sounding. Or you know, not important enough for them to even want to include when they have a Batgirl to market.

I guess we always have the Titans show, for better or worse. I'm not holding out hope for it, but maybe Matt Reeves will surprise us with Robin in a Dark Victory-inspired sequel.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest since it's something I've noticed for quite a while, but it is kinda funny to see it in plain text like that lol.
    No it doesn’t , Batman and robin would have existed. Batman and robin could have broken up. Dick went off on his own. I don’t think you guys are processing that Dick can be alive now. They sent gonna make him 50 or old. What’s with all this worst possible scenario talk

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Hey, he was around last year! In the Robin book... doing and saying nothing, really. I'm sure he'll be around for the January and February issues of Robin in 2022 too...

Damn do I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Has Reeves ever said anything about Dark Victory? I thought it's the producer of The Long Halloween who wants to do an adaptation?

Either way, I would love for Dick to be introduced at the end of The Batman. And an animated Dark Victory wouldn't be bad either.

A YJ arc that is actually focused on him not just marketed as a Nightwing arc.

A nice role in Harley Quinn Season 3.

A good Earth-3 Event with a subsequent good Titans book, which can use the potential stories that should come out of Dick clashing with Talon, Owlman, a former Spyral agent, and E-3 Donna Troy.
    I was under the impression that The Long Halloween was one of the biggest inspirations behind Reeves' take on Batman, if that's not accurate, then oh well. An animated adaptation is pretty likely though, so I hope that happens sooner than later.

About Young Justice, one thing to note is in terms of screentime, Dick is estimated to be the one who comes in third after Miss Martian and Superboy (someone went through the painstaking effort of counting minutes for every episode up to the present). Dick may have had a diminished role in the action in Invasion, but he was still instrumental to the plot. For Outsiders, it was his show for the first 13 episodes. I think people underrate Dick's role in the series, especially for a DCU-wide series that isn't in love with Batman. He's driven the plot in every season so far, so for a character-driven season, I don't see why he wouldn't get good character focus. I mean, we got a good amount of it in Outsiders after all.

Also I kinda forgot about HQ lol. I don't expect anything but butt jokes to come out of it.

I did want to ask real quick though, who's the former Spyral agent you're talking about?

No it doesn’t , Batman and robin would have existed. Batman and robin could have broken up. Dick went off on his own. I don’t think you guys are processing that Dick can be alive now. They sent gonna make him 50 or old. What’s with all this worst possible scenario talk
    I don't think you get why Bruce and Dick as Batman and Robin are special at all lol. Even if they say Bruce is 60, if Dick is any younger than 40, he's only Dick Grayson in name. At some point, he's just Tim Drake with the wrong name, or even worse off. A Carrie, or a Terry (which Babs already is in the DCEU).

If you want the worst case scenario, it's that Dick is dead again (lol) or we get a Dark Knight Strikes Again villain turn. Or something worse.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 01-04-2022 at 09:49 AM.