Page 231 of 256 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Additional spoiler for today's Nightwing

spoilers:
    Night Mite is a Dick and Kory 'shipper and trolls Babs about it
    end of spoilers
    I love that. I feel like I needed that .

BANNED

So the vibe I got from the issue is

spoilers:
    Babs is pretty much 'nope' at the notion of marrying Dick, Dick appears keen but isn't ready for it yet, and that surprises Babs. So does that mean Babs doesn't want it and that might lead to drama or an easy break-off later?
    end of spoilers

Dark Crisis 7

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So the vibe I got from the issue is

spoilers:
    Babs is pretty much 'nope' at the notion of marrying Dick, Dick appears keen but isn't ready for it yet, and that surprises Babs. So does that mean Babs doesn't want it and that might lead to drama or an easy break-off later?
    end of spoilers
    I read it more like she was caught off guard about the weeding thing because it didn't cross her mind, but when Dick said not yet meaning that he actually has plans for it, which surpised her. I don't think Taylor has a backup plan for them not be together since he is been pretty adamant about having them be happy. If they broke up, it will probably be another writer in charge.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Additional spoiler for today's Nightwing

spoilers:
    Night Mite is a Dick and Kory 'shipper and trolls Babs about it
    end of spoilers
    Tom King knows what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dark Crisis 7

I feel like this should be more but it's been decades since we've really had Dick and Slade facing off that it just doesn't feel as relevant as it could.

How is Dick going to beat a lightsaber?

BANNED

That lightsaber is awkwardly positioned in that last panel...

Waid's Dick Grayson as Robin in World's Finest is just so good. It is refreshing to read him in a team-like setting where he isn't written as the boring leader, isn't getting blamed for all the teams problems, and isn't constantly getting beaten up. He actually comes across as a capable leader. Can't remember the last time I felt that way. The small scene of him telling Superman to not embarrass David in front of the other Titans was perfect. Dick actually feels like someone that was taught by both Batman and Superman. He has Batman's training but Superman's humanity. Where he is able to navigate and understand personal relationships like he did. Dan Mora's art makes it even better too, haha.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Craz how such a small panel makes so many freaknout
    Right? Right!?

People going full nuts about a tiny, inoffensive, single speech-bubble reference to a well-known element of the characters history - to the point where they're full-on enraged and claiming to have been targetted for attack.... It's why you can't talk about comics online. It's why we can't have nice things. And it's why Comic Book Guy will never die.

Fun issue today - there should be more of these tonal swerves, and also someone who's better at "your"/"you're" checking things over.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Right? Right!?

People going full nuts about a tiny, inoffensive, single speech-bubble reference to a well-known element of the characters history - to the point where they're full-on enraged and claiming to have been targetted for attack.... It's why you can't talk about comics online. It's why we can't have nice things. And it's why Comic Book Guy will never die.

Fun issue today - there should be more of these tonal swerves, and also someone who's better at "your"/"you're" checking things over.
    They most likely didn't even read the whole book and thought that was a attack at them.
    Nite-Mite is not even a offensive character, he is a wholesome fan of Nightwing that is trying to save a little girl. It's not like the writer is putting Heartless to say he prefer him with Kory.

Astonishing Member

They most likely didn't even read the whole book and thought that was a attack at them.
    Nite-Mite is not even a offensive character, he is a wholesome fan of Nightwing that is trying to save a little girl. It's not like the writer is putting Heartless to say he prefer him with Kory.
    Yep, I mean it's not like it's even an "I prefer you with Kori because [[negative portrayal of that relationship to prop up Dick and Babs]]" joke or something. He just says.... "congrats, but I don't ship you" to the characters and then is nice about it.

This is, apparently, "baiting" - and so the fault of the author that a bunch of overly-emotional people got overly emotional, not any failing of themselves. Christ, it makes me grumpy. That's not a normal way to react to media.

Anyway! Mr Freeze/One Bad Day isn't going to be an eternal classic, but I enjoyed it a lot - good role for Robin, and for the idea that this early on so many of the "assumptions" about Gotham and it's villains were still in flux. I might buy the hardcover, put it next to Robin And Batman on my shelf.

World's Finest was, as usual, excellent. There's going to be an omnibus one day, and I'll loan it to every comics-curious person I know. And then tell them not to talk about it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Nightwing should have a love interest in every major franchise at this point lol
    I don't know if other comic readers look at it the same way I do, but I've always kind of categorized Dick's three main recurring love interests with the three types of stories he is usually in. Babs represents him as a Batman family character, Starfire represents him as a Titan, and then Helena B. represents him as a solo character. Who he is with kind of reflects where he is at or what books are strong. When the Titans were big the Starfire romance made sense, when he is on his own it feels like Helena gets worked back into his stories more, and when the Batman family books are strong, like they are at the moment, the Babs romance makes more sense. This is generalizing a lot but it always felt right to me with each love interest representing the three stories you typically see from him.
    Last edited by Badou; 11-15-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't know if other comic readers look at it the same way I do, but I've always kind of categorized Dick's three main recurring love interests with the three types of stories he is usually in. Babs represents him as a Batman family character, Starfire represents him as a Titan, and then Helena B. represents him as a solo character. Who he is with kind of reflects where he is at or what books are strong. When the Titans were big the Starfire romance made sense, when he is on his own it feels like Helena gets worked back into his stories more, and when the Batman family books are strong, like they are at the moment, the Babs romance makes more sense. This is generalizing a lot but it always felt right to me with each love interest representing the three stories you typically see from him.
    Well I guess the question is which of those should be first, second and third? For Nightwing not just as a character but also a brand! And are these the only options in these franchises?

Extraordinary Member

With context I see Tom is kinda telling us it’s too soon for marriage. He’s Proably right they been entangled and in love but they only got together a year ago. He’s got a lot more stories he wants to tell with them.

Honestly the real meat of the issue is the Blockbuster lore. I forgot about that. More importantly the follow up with Raven from TA spin-off with Shazam.