Page 241 of 256 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    On Waid writing Nightwing: well, he's not the only one saying he wanted to write Nightwing and was stopped by Didio.
    Today I don't see him taking over Nightwing, a few months ago my first choice would be Zdarsky, but since he's in Batman, my choice today would be Jed MacKay.
    Zdarsky has said Tom King offered him to write Nightwing (presumably when he got shot in the head) but turned it down.

Annual 2022 Preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/23/dc...2022-annual-1/

Let's see what they will do with Heartless.

Edit: Someone here said years ago that the bully from issue 78 was going to be Heartlless, and yeah, he is Heartless.
    His buttler appears in issue #83 too.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-23-2022 at 11:47 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Annual 2022 Preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/23/dc...2022-annual-1/

Let's see what they will do with Heartless.

Edit: Someone here said years ago that the bully from issue 78 was going to be Heartlless, and yeah, he is Heartless.
    His buttler appears in issue #83 too.
    This reminds me of that kid from King's run who was basically Bruce but a serial killer.

So long to just be an evil rich guy. I had hoped to be some villain from other Nightwing runs. Maybe it would be disappointing if it was early in the run, but now I know what to expect from Taylor.

The show got worse as the seasons went on.
    First season still is the best by far.
    For what it's worth, Robin VS. Batman will always be a highlight (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I remember hearing something along the lines of him wanting to write Nightwing and editorial wouldn’t allow it. Man that would be great. Everything about Worlds Finest would translate to a great Nightwing book. He’s also make for a amazing Titans writer. His take on them as teenagers has been superb.
    I'm not surprised. Waid did create Impulse, and was the first writer of Marvel's teen Champions team. So we've seen before that he can write teenagers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

today will be a good day
    FhkiALjXwAAtHUQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    today will be a good day
    FhkiALjXwAAtHUQ.jpg
    Cool. I wanted to start this collection, but i can't find the first issue by a reasonable price.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Dixon laid out a decent foundation, but in retrospect, I found his run rather dull, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Dixon laid out a decent foundation, but in retrospect, I found his run rather dull, quite frankly.
    I like Dixon's run. Its foundation was obviously solid enough, considering Dick is one of the very few DC characters who has consistently held an ongoing since the 90s.

However it's true he basically turned Nightwing into a Disco(unt) Daredevil, fighting C-list Batman villains and Not-Kingpin in Not-Hell's Kitchen while usually having only a fraction of the quality of the Daredevil/Batman stories it is aping. There is a reason why despite having so many issues Dick has never had any outside media appearence without Batman or the Titans: the source material just isn't compelling enough for Hollywood executives.

If DC is serious about Nightwing becoming an A-lister I think he is gonna have to become more than that. Not entirely sure how that would like though, I guess that's up to DC to figure out.

Dixon is a homophobic asshole. I refuse to support any of his works ever again. It retrospects, it's kinda funny how DC made Tim bisexual.

Cool. I wanted to start this collection, but i can't find the first issue by a reasonable price.
    I only have vol.3 and vol.4, the only ones I got for less than R$80.00 on Amazon. The next one I'm hoping will appear at a good price is vol.7.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I like Dixon's run. Its foundation was obviously solid enough, considering Dick is one of the very few DC characters who has consistently held an ongoing since the 90s.

However it's true he basically turned Nightwing into a Disco(unt) Daredevil, fighting C-list Batman villains and Not-Kingpin in Not-Hell's Kitchen while usually having only a fraction of the quality of the Daredevil/Batman stories it is aping. There is a reason why despite having so many issues Dick has never had any outside media appearence without Batman or the Titans: the source material just isn't compelling enough for Hollywood executives.
    Pretty much agree with every word. From the fighting sticks, to a gargantuan crimeboss as an archenemy, to it's acrobatic lead, there were far too many similarities there to believe that any of that was a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Dixon is a homophobic asshole. I refuse to support any of his works ever again.
    This, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Dixon is a homophobic asshole. I refuse to support any of his works ever again. It retrospects, it's kinda funny how DC made Tim bisexual.
    His work was always workmanlike at best for me, even before finding about his politics.

Won't touch anything by him now. Any Bat-characters he had a good handle on were just as good or better under someone else anyway (Dick with Morrison and Seeley, the Birds of Prey with Simone, etc).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    His work was always workmanlike at best for me, even before finding about his politics.

Won't touch anything by him now. Any Bat-characters he had a good handle on were just as good or better under someone else anyway (Dick with Morrison and Seeley, the Birds of Prey with Simone, etc).
    I think I always preferred Alan Grant and Marv Wolfman's Tim, too.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 11-25-2022 at 02:44 PM.