Page 245 of 256 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But not much of this was really larger scale stuff. The adventure with Clark and the original Titans were mostly wacky silver age stuff.

Bronze Age Titans also didn't really do any Big scale stuff.
    Eh, even "wacky Silver Age stuff" can count as beyond street level. It doesn't have to be dour and serious after all.

There's also stuff like Waid's World's Finest, which saw a young Dick go back in time, get lost in the wrong century, find his way into a famous circus, save some lives, and had a blast doing it. Bruce would've hated the entire thing, Dick had fun, even if he was worried about getting home. That's a new story, granted, but it fits how Dick approaches these things.

He doesn't like space, true. Nothing to swing from. But otherwise I don't think I've ever seen Dick uncomfortable in any environment.

NTT was bigger but not really JL level.
    A larger scope doesn't demand League level threats, just something beyond the street level. And Trigon, the cult of Blood, HIVE, all those super villains with super powers, all that stuff counts as being beyond street level. And I'd argue that Trigon is absolutely a League level threat. Slade can count as one too I suppose, though I still have mixed feelings about him being handled on that level.

I think it might end up being more like the post graduation day outsiders.
    The Winnick stuff with Roy? Yeah, that's entirely possible.

I just hope Yara and Wally are both on the team, as long as Dick, Wally, and Yara are there I'm good!!
    I'm sure Wally will be there, Taylor has written Wally into the book more than any of the others. And I'd be thrilled to see Yara on a new roster, but Donna has shown up a lot and I'd expect her to stay on the team once they reach Bludhaven.

Maybe we'll be lucky and we'll get both Donna and Yara. But I think Yara is going to Diana's title? What I heard, anyway. So I'm pretty sure we'll be getting Donna.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's going to be Donna, Yara will have other opportunities in the wonder woman book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, even "wacky Silver Age stuff" can count as beyond street level. It doesn't have to be dour and serious after all.
    Maybe but the whacky silvera gae stuff they faced with Superman wasn't really different from the one they faced without him.

And whacky silver age stuff is usually ignored when it comes to continuity.

And I'm not saying that Dick didn't faced any non street level stuff as Robin, but I don't think that it was so much that it would be more natural for him than for Bruce.

And if I just go by the comics, in NTT Dick struggled when the Titans faced more cosmic threats, and has never been the case with Bruce in any story I can remember.

The writer C.S. Pacat is writing more Nightwing stories, don't know the project.
    Her first story with him will be tomorrow's Annual.

https://twitter.com/cspacat/status/1597163018126692352

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The writer C.S. Pacat is writing more Nightwing stories, don't know the project.
    Her first story with him will be tomorrow's Annual.

https://twitter.com/cspacat/status/1597163018126692352
    She is writing a back-up story in Nightwing #101 as well.

Maybe we'll finally find out if Taylor can write a Titans book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's also stuff like Waid's World's Finest, which saw a young Dick go back in time, get lost in the wrong century, find his way into a famous circus, save some lives, and had a blast doing it. Bruce would've hated the entire thing, Dick had fun, even if he was worried about getting home. That's a new story, granted, but it fits how Dick approaches these things.
    If you want to keep Golden and Silver Age Stuff in canon both Dick and Bruce have a lot of experience in time travel adventures thanks to Professor Carter Nichols .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's Titans Dick and there's Batfamily Dick and some eras lean more into one or the other, but I don't view it that much differently than the fact that the stuff Batman deals with in Justice League books is usually bigger or different than the stuff he deals with in his solo books, along with focusing on different relationships.

And Nightwing is an invaluable part of the Batfamily.
    He wasn't for a good long time and it actually benefitted him more as an adult character than being a Bat character as an adult ever did (with the exception of Morrison's run and the current outstanding run by Taylor, of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get the sense that's more from the later 2000's Batfamily stuff (like Murder/Fugitive or post-NML) than stuff Dixon did.
    The thing is Murderer/Fugitive actually set things right. He finally embraced the fact that he was every bit Bruce Wayne as he was Batman in a story that only could've been written by the superlative talents that are Ed Brubaker and Greg Rucka. It was just immediately after that that things were brought back to Dixon level in terms of his general grumpy demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That was down to the artist. Dixon specifically asked for it not to be sapphic, and the artist had to be doing a deliberate troll job lol.
    Ha! This makes me love this image even more now! lol
    Last edited by phonogram12; 11-28-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    She is writing a back-up story in Nightwing #101 as well.
    Yeah, I imagine it'll be a regular back-up... I wonder if it'll always be with Jon? Pacat's bit of the annual will be as well as the one in issue #101.

Could be fun, if so. Or as a more varied "team-up" thing if it widens out.

Which was iirc taken down by Raven without Dick contributing much (but I might misremember that, it has been year).
    And there's not a Leaguer that could've done the same. And Raven likely doesn't make it to that point without the Titans.

Which he shouldn't be able to do. And even if we ignore that, he is still a pretty ordinary (non cosmic) thread.
    I agree but we're way past that point so it is what it is. And, again, scale doesn't have to be cosmic, Trigon is mystic.

The scale of Brother Blood and his cult was street on the surface but posed an interesting threat because it dealt with public perception.

Which was one of the instances of Dick shining by going solo.
    He only did it because of Donna, he can't do that without her, it's a Donna story where Dick is a necessary factor. So its not so much him being solo but him being an active participant in another Titan's story. Which is how the Titans need to function with him in his book.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    The scale of Brother Blood and his cult was street on the surface but posed an interesting threat because it dealt with public perception.
    To me Brother Blood feels pretty much on the same level as Deacon Blackfire, the main villains from "Batman: The Cult".

And IIRC Dick went solo early on in the Story, got caught and brainwashed (which also happned to Bruce in the Cult) and didn't really do much in the actual fight against Brother Blood.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-28-2022 at 02:29 PM.

To me Brother Blood feels pretty much on the same level as Deacon Blackfire, the main villains from "Batman: The Cult".

And IIRC Dick went solo early on in the Story, got caught and brainwashed (which also happned to Bruce in the Cult) and didn't really do much in the actual fight against Brother Blood.
    Not what happened.

He didn't go solo, half of the team tried to infiltrate the cult. The Titans got defeated. He was not brainwashed at all, they actually couldn't break his will, then threw him in the pit with the others to get kill by a giant spider and he was the only one awake to save them after being tortured.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-28-2022 at 02:54 PM.

If you want to keep Golden and Silver Age Stuff in canon both Dick and Bruce have a lot of experience in time travel adventures thanks to Professor Carter Nichols .
    Not saying Bruce isn't experienced or capable with the big scale stuff. I'm saying he's not comfortable with it the way I think Dick is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Which he shouldn't be able to do. And even if we ignore that, he is still a pretty ordinary (non cosmic) thread.
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, it's still a sight to behold when he does take them on all on his own (XD):

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Nice. No argument from me, though...