Page 250 of 256 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3831

I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to be featured in the book forever. Issue #101 and #102 are being drawn by Travis Moore, kinda like when Bruno was off the book for Fear State. If i had to guess, they will do three issues with the Titans and then go back to the solo adventures with Redondo drawing.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-17-2022 at 04:43 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to be featured in the book forever. Issue #101 and #102 are being drawn by Travis Moore, kinda like when Bruno was off the book for Fear State. If i had to guess, they will do three issues with the Titans and then go back to the solo adventures with Redondo drawing.
    Yeah, here Taylor confirms Redondo is back after this story.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...QmXR9HtPg&s=19

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yeah, here Taylor confirms Redondo is back after this story.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...QmXR9HtPg&s=19
    It wouldn’t be crazy for the titans title to be announced following that

I still think they need to figure out how this "Titans in Bludhaven" is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still think they need to figure out how this "Titans in Bludhaven" is supposed to work.
    My assumption is that the team will be based out of Bludhaven but will operate globally. No different, really, than any other team. The League's Hall is in Washington but the team goes everywhere. The X-Men are (usually) in New York, but go everywhere.

No reason for the Titans to act solely in a single city when no other team does. But we'll see what Taylor has planned, I doubt this is meant to last very long; maybe they're just in Bludhaven until the Tower is rebuilt, maybe there's a specific threat in the city that requires the whole group and when it's finished they'll leave?

I don't dislike the idea of the Titans operating out of Bludhaven conceptually (once getting past the fact that I'm sick of NTT reunions, which never ever work and regress all involved) but it'll all boil down to execution.

I take everything from Bleeding Cool with a massive grain of salt; sometimes they're right but a lot of the time it's just hot air. But I won't be mad at all if they're right on this "Nightwing's League" thing; I've wanted to see Nightwing step up and take a major leadership role in the DCU for a long time. The roster is weak, with too many Bats, but not worth worrying about until we know if this is anything more than rumor...and if it *is* legit, whether DC intends this thing to last, or if it's just a stop-gap until the Big 7 return to active JLA duty.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

As much as I like the NTT… plus Garth and Roy… I am waiting for Tiger and Midnighter to reappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    My assumption is that the team will be based out of Bludhaven but will operate globally. No different, really, than any other team. The League's Hall is in Washington but the team goes everywhere. The X-Men are (usually) in New York, but go everywhere.

No reason for the Titans to act solely in a single city when no other team does. But we'll see what Taylor has planned, I doubt this is meant to last very long; maybe they're just in Bludhaven until the Tower is rebuilt, maybe there's a specific threat in the city that requires the whole group and when it's finished they'll leave?

I don't dislike the idea of the Titans operating out of Bludhaven conceptually (once getting past the fact that I'm sick of NTT reunions, which never ever work and regress all involved) but it'll all boil down to execution.

I take everything from Bleeding Cool with a massive grain of salt; sometimes they're right but a lot of the time it's just hot air. But I won't be mad at all if they're right on this "Nightwing's League" thing; I've wanted to see Nightwing step up and take a major leadership role in the DCU for a long time. The roster is weak, with too many Bats, but not worth worrying about until we know if this is anything more than rumor...and if it *is* legit, whether DC intends this thing to last, or if it's just a stop-gap until the Big 7 return to active JLA duty.
    But the closer they are to Dick, the more Taylor will have to justify why they don't show up for Nightwing stuff they could probably resolve quicker than Dick could.

Extraordinary Member

But the closer they are to Dick, the more Taylor will have to justify why they don't show up for Nightwing stuff they could probably resolve quicker than Dick could.
    I mean, I imagine most of them have their own lives/adventures outside of just being based in Bludhaven. It's the same way Gotham can be filled with vigilantes and not step all over each other. Same applies to all the heroes in NYC over at Marvel.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

I doubt the Titans will be in Bludhaven permanently. Probably just for this arc. Taylor’s wording is even a little telling. Moore is doing interiors for THIS STORY”. So Redondo comes back for the main plot arcs.

Also, I don’t think DC will want Dick on two teams and with him leading a replacement League it doesn’t sound like the Titans will be his focus after this arc.

"Sorry we couldn't help you stop the Electrocutioner, Dick, we were busy dealing with a Gordanian freighter full of innocent people they kidnapped for the Vega system slave trade. Like you told us to. Because you're in charge, and you don't need us to take care of local street crime even if we could save you a few extra minutes and a few less bruises doing it."

I dunno man, seems pretty easy to justify to me.

And I too think this will be a short term thing, so Taylor won't have to justify it for long.

Hell who knows, he's been sliding away from the Dixon status quo lately. Maybe he won't justify anything, maybe the Titans staying in Bludhaven for a bit will actually have a major, lasting impact. That's the goal of the whole run, right? To turn Bludhaven around? Saying the Titan's influence created some big changes in a short time seems a viable tactic.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-17-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I doubt the Titans will be in Bludhaven permanently. Probably just for this arc. Taylor’s wording is even a little telling. Moore is doing interiors for THIS STORY”. So Redondo comes back for the main plot arcs.

Also, I don’t think DC will want Dick on two teams and with him leading a replacement League it doesn’t sound like the Titans will be his focus after this arc.
    I'm fairly certain the Titans are the replacement League. They are the ones spotlighted in the Dawn of DC covers, the Nightwing #101 solicit explicitly says they are "the premier league of the DC Universe" and Newsarama, where Marvel and DC do semi-official press releases, seems to believe it's the Titans.

After the events of Dark Crisis, Superman has a talk with Nightwing, letting him know that now is Dick’s time to lead…so Nightwing gathers a group of friends to be the premier league in the DC Universe and moves their base of operations to Blüdhaven. Meet the new Titans!
    I wouldn't put too much money on whatever Bleeding Cool says. They are known for taking stuff out of context, like when they saw a panel where Black Adam is jokingly called "Shazadam" and then published an article saying DC was planning to rename Black Adam across all media. Ever since DiDio left they do not have inside sources at DC anymore. All their info nowadays comes from reading the comics a few days before they are released, probably from some retailer.
    Last edited by Reddead; 12-17-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I'm fairly certain the Titans are the replacement League. They are the ones spotlighted in the Dawn of DC covers, the Nightwing #101 solicit explicitly says they are "the premier league of the DC Universe" and Newsarama, where Marvel and DC do semi-official press releases, seems to believe it's the Titans.

I wouldn't put too much money on whatever Bleeding Cool says. They are known for taking stuff out of context, like when they saw a panel where Black Adam is jokingly called "Shazadam" and then published an article saying DC was planning to rename Black Adam across all media. Ever since DiDio left they do not have inside sources at DC anymore. All their info nowadays comes from reading the comics a few days before they are released, probably from some retailer.
    Honestly, Bleeding Cool has a pretty good track record. I doubt Superman would tell Dick it’s his time to lead if he was already doing so with the Titans. I also doubt their going to replace the with the League with the same old Titans roster we’ve had since Wolfman. I guess we will have to wait and see but my I truly don’t think this Titans situation is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    As much as I like the NTT… plus Garth and Roy… I am waiting for Tiger and Midnighter to reappear.
    Me too, or one of the ninja villains (Shrike, Saiko or Raptor), someone who puts up a good fight. Shiva appeared to say hi and left. Perhaps the Bronze Tiger, to finally have his revenge.
    Grayson Vol. 04 - A Ghost in the Tomb-168.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Honestly, Bleeding Cool has a pretty good track record. I doubt Superman would tell Dick it’s his time to lead if he was already doing so with the Titans. I also doubt their going to replace the with the League with the same old Titans roster we’ve had since Wolfman. I guess we will have to wait and see but my I truly don’t think this Titans situation is permanent.
    Yeah and 5g legacy characters they are pushing hard are just gonna take a back sit to the NTT? The legacy characters at the lead of dark crisis are the one's I believe will be in the main New Titans roster

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Me too, or one of the ninja villains (Shrike, Saiko or Raptor), someone who puts up a good fight. Shiva appeared to say hi and left. Perhaps the Bronze Tiger, to finally have his revenge.
    Grayson Vol. 04 - A Ghost in the Tomb-168.jpg
    Two of them are dead and raptor lost in the Damian death tournament his combat skill are not as impressive