Page 43 of 256 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh you didn’t see all the Snyder folks on Twitter talking **** about Dick and the Titans and saying Deathstroke is too cool for the Titans then.
    Oh my God, they are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s a done deal dude he already has. Left titans in the dust, DC has shown more intrest in him then the rest of the brand.
    Really, because the multiple Titans/Teen Titans tv shows and books says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Arkham Origins already outpaced the Titans brand my dude. That game made everyone think of Deathstroke as a Batman Rogue, and that’s what he’s been since. Why? Because he’s cool and the Titans are lame. Deathstroke losing to a bunch of lame kids makes him look lame, whereas losing to Batman doesn’t detract from his coolness.
    Batmans always been ahead of the Titans. But an appearance in a Batman game isn’t outpacing multiple other media projects and books. Let’s not attribute Batman’s standing to Deathstoke. Arkham games already went through most of the Bat villains by the the time Orgins came along. So it made sense to go outside for more. Nevertheless in pretty much every Titans project Deathstoke still appears. This narrative that’s he removed from the brand or is bigger is verifiably false. Even this theory that they think Deathstroke losing to a bunch of lame kids makes him look lame isn’t supported by actual evidence, given how they routinely pit him against Damian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-08-2022 at 02:44 PM.

They are likely giving Deathstroke a kid with Talia, so they are entrenching him more and more to be a rival of Batman over the Titans. I think he's already shifted to being more of a Batman or DCU villain than a Titans one probably when you compare all of his comics and other media appearances the last 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They are likely giving Deathstroke a kid with Talia, so they are entrenching him more and more to be a rival of Batman over the Titans. I think he's already shifted to being more of a Batman or DCU villain than a Titans one probably when you compare all of his comics and other media appearances the last 10+ years.
    Did you just say a kid with Talia? They really can't come up wth a decent story for her that doesn't revolve around men.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like Slade's most popular and enduring other media appearance remains the original TT cartoon, where he fights Robin (Dick). I feel that "Slade" will still bring more stuff to mind for the casuals than "Deathstroke."

They are clearly trying to entrench him more with Batman, but I'm not sure how much that will lead to in the long run, especially outside of comics. He has the Arkham Origins appearance, but that was already a strong brand before he even showed up and the Joker is still the overall star as always. He made a cameo at the end of the Snyder Cut, but that's a dead end and the Snyder folks would hype up anything as long Snyder put it in the film.

Batman isn't hurting for iconic, popular villains so it's not like Slade can really stand out in that setting. He has more of a future as just a recurring solo villain in the wider DCU than a permanent fixture in the Bat-mythos specifically.

This looks cool, but it's hard to take serious, considering no one from Dick's generation ever got to take the center stage besides Wally and Kyle (not sure what he is up to now). The same applies to Tim's generation, and Damian's generation seems to have been pushed aside for the new one as well, so what's the point of advertising the generations of DC when they never get to take over and just keep being replaced by new kids lol.

FLF626aVEAM0DmH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    This looks cool, but it's hard to take serious, considering no one from Dick's generation ever got to take the center stage besides Wally and Kyle (not sure what he is up to now). The same applies to Tim's generation, and Damian's generation seems to have been pushed aside for the new one as well, so what's the point of advertising the generations of DC when they never get to take over and just keep being replaced by new kids lol.
    Hard to disagree. It *is* cool art, and a nice spread of DC's eras and generations, but you're not wrong; not much point to different generations when they're not actually using most of them, or allowing any of them to do anything worth mentioning.

The story of DC is a generational one, and that's pretty awesome. Just look at all the great characters on that page. But it's only cool if DC allows each generation and the players within it to develop and define their own corners of the shared universe. Kinda pointless when you're just slotting new faces into the same two roles, and tossing the rest into quasi-limbo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird, I always thought this was where they started shortening the age gap (although I guess it's better than Pre-Crisis) but Dick was really into older women .

I look at it more as a Dick Grayson movie, so I feel like Robin should show up in flashbacks and it would be hard to show that without Batman.
    Haha yeah I actually never gave it any thought until i looked into it after someone pointed it out to me! I find it odd how Dixon and Beatty did this and it didn't creep them out at all? Considering Babs is his only love interest who was older than him (pre-flashpoint) i do think itd be hard to say he is into older woman xD but he certainly at one point was written to be into Babs! But i also think its gotten kinda weird and predatory as well because people were up in arms about Bruce Babs over the age difference and Tim Babs for the same thing despite both being adults. But Dick has been preyed on by older women even as a teen and everyone says its because he likes older women and good for him. Makes you think a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Really, because the multiple Titans/Teen Titans tv shows and books says otherwise.

Batmans always been ahead of the Titans. But an appearance in a Batman game isn’t outpacing multiple other media projects and books. Let’s not attribute Batman’s standing to Deathstoke. Arkham games already went through most of the Bat villains by the the time Orgins came along. So it made sense to go outside for more. Nevertheless, in pretty much every Titans project Deathstoke still appears. This narrative that’s he removed from the brand or is bigger is verifiably false. Even this theory that they think Deathstroke losing to a bunch of lame kids makes him look lame isn’t supported by actual evidence, given how they routinely pit him against Damian.
    TBH you both are technically right. Deathstroke has largely moved away from being a Titans/Nightwing antagonist and is shown as more of a Damian/Batman/Green Arrow antagonist. While he is still associated with Titans content, it's more rare to see nowadays because Deathstroke doesn't NEED them to show up! Deathstroke has been associated as a batman villain for a while now and combine with the success of the Arrowverse, it's safe to say that the thing that made Deathstroke mainstream wasn't Titans but instead Green Arrow/Batman (who also have a much bigger following).

The Arkham Games are a lot more recognizable than people realise! It's part of the reason why Jason Todd is rising in popularity himself. It's the reason why I still see people saying Babs and Tim are married. The Games are extremely popular and did very well. Despite their problems, you'd probably find more people who know the lore of Arkham Games than a lot of other DC related content. The theory that Deathstroke has left the Titans brand is correct. He is no longer advertised or associated largely with the Titans anymore. It's because he is much more profitable that way and can be utilized differently. It pays to be your own brand and to be able to appear in other content without having to bring other characters with you that you have associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird, I always thought this was where they started shortening the age gap (although I guess it's better than Pre-Crisis) but Dick was really into older women .

I look at it more as a Dick Grayson movie, so I feel like Robin should show up in flashbacks and it would be hard to show that without Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The snyder fanboys are not the average casual viewer, especially the ones on Twitter. They have a very specific view about the DC movies and its whatever Snyder does.
    If they were, he would still be doing his movies for DC right now.
    The reason why Snyder isn't doing movies anymore has nothing to do with his fanbase and has everything to do with the fact that WB/DC messed up with multiple people! They burned bridges they couldn't repair. The casual viewer couldn't care less about what happens behind the scenes with movies or even voice their opinion on social media over it. Amber Heard is still playing Mera despite the huge backlash against it. I mean, we talk about it here all the time. Nightwing still has zero push by Wb/DC despite being a fan favorite. So, regardless of what we think, those movies still grossed a TON of money, which is what speaks to WB/DC and above them ATT (which is why there is a rumor that ATT had to step in and force WB/DC to release the Snyder cuts because they were being petty)! Snyder left WB/DC over creative disputes and drama behind the scenes. Not a Snyder superfan, but they literally hired Joss Whedon as a replacement and then had to fire him when he started having problems with the other cast members.

FLF626aVEAM0DmH.jpg
    Did Damian even have a generation? I feel his generation was largely a mix between Dick's and Tim's! Same with Jason's. I'm almost 99% certain the new push will be with these new future state characters largely because Williamson is the one behind Future State/Infinite Frontier in the first place and secondly because certain parts of the original mantle holders are gonna be public domain soon and that's gonna cause some problems. And the legacy characters from Dick's generation are right behind them! DC is trying to find a new IP to fill their existing trademarked mantles, but I honestly don't know if it's going to be a good or a bad thing! Considering the fact that its undeniable that the main reason people read Batman or Superman titles is because of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent.

People will say Miles is the same thing, but it's not when Miles came from an alternate universe situation and we still have Peter Parker as THE Spider-Man in most content. Miles Moralse is more comparable to Terry McGinnis than he is to someone like Jace Fox.

FLF626aVEAM0DmH.jpg
    Williamson likes the Titans. I can tell.

A younger Dick Grayson rocking his own merch

https://danseure.tumblr.com/post/125433113065

Looks like Dick is on center stage of the Dark Crisis.

This is the first page of the book:

More pages:
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looks like Dick is on center stage of the Dark Crisis.

This is the first page of the book:

More pages:
    Here we go. This makes sense so much sense, I know it’s not permanent so I don’t feel anything but this still looks amazing.