Page 49 of 256 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Sure hope not.

I wonder if this is why Dc comics have been pushing Nightwing. This might kill us getting a chance of a Nightwing HBO movie.
    More like why ignore him for 20 years and up till now be suddenly intrested in a cw spot? Arrow was basicly a Nightwing solo show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Sure hope not.

I wonder if this is why Dc comics have been pushing Nightwing. This might kill us getting a chance of a Nightwing HBO movie.
    It won’t. If they want to do something major with Dick the CW show won’t block anything. Might even get cancelled if they’re concerned about brand fatigue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

As long as we have other projects with him, i don't really care.
    If he is one of the leads, i'll probably watch it, but the 22 episodes a season bore the hell out of me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I didn't expect them to use Dick, but could we really get two Dick-lead TV shows?

Huh. I didn't expect that. How reliable is Murphy's Multiverse as a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't expect them to use Dick, but could we really get two Dick-lead TV shows?
    Agreed. Titans has been recommissioned for a fourth season, so Dick also being in Gotham Knights doesn't make sense. Also, Batwoman already used Spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope this isn't true. I watched Batwoman recently, and it might have been one of the worst series I have ever watched. I would prefer it if they could keep Dick as far away from CW as possible. Also, Titans are getting a 4th season and there are rumors about a Nightwing film, so I don't think they would want another version of him running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Edit: I forgot why I came here in the first place, I just wanted to hype up World's Finest #3 lol. Dick and Kara are teaming up for a time travel adventure to 1600's China and meeting ancient superheroes apparently. Very excited for it.
    This sounds fun. We haven't seen Kara and Dick together in a while, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 02-11-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Agreed. Titans has been recommissioned for a fourth season, so Dick also being in Gotham Knights doesn't make sense. Also, Batwoman already used Spoiler.
    Only one that seems plausible would be Bluebird, who hasn’t been really used beyond Young Justice.

Being the MC in two tv shows is strange. idk, even for the CW it'd be hard to be worse than Titans. Still hope he's introduced as Robin in a The Batman sequel or as Nightwing in Batgirl.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-11-2022 at 11:43 PM.

This was the perfect time to do Tim and they fumbled the ball.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It wonÂ’t. If they want to do something major with Dick the CW show wonÂ’t block anything. Might even get cancelled if theyÂ’re concerned about brand fatigue.
    Nightwing as a brand doesnÂ’t really exist. It would theoretically be a good idea for him to appear in more content as Nightwing and not Robin. But everything as of late featuring him is not good. ItÂ’s why I am in the camp of not wanting this show! Dick is already a laughing stock for three reasons: Injustice, Arkham Games and DCAU. Titans didnÂ’t help in an thoughtful way at all as many people donÂ’t take the show seriously and then the comics havenÂ’t ever done well enough to actually set him up as a flagship. I think the Grayson comics had a chance but DC really badly fumbled the bag. Young Justice if they didnÂ’t cancel after season 2 would have probably helped him ALOT, but the almost 10 year show gap combined with the failure of season 3 did the opposite. So yeah, this show is not gonna do Nightwing any favors.

I can tell you they arnt worried about brand fatigue at all at the moment because Batman is their only franchise that is brining in any kind of money and that doesnÂ’t include. The Batfamily is not a franchise Becuase they fall under Batman proper (at one point in time X-Men served as a Wolverine prop up). Notice how Dick is robin in most Batman content and not Nightwing same with Babs rarely ever appearing as Oracle or Tim as Red Robin. Really only Red Hood has this really weird chance out of all of them to launch into a profitable brand without Batman considering both the movie UtRH and Arkham Games with him as a lead have done really well out of all the batfam characters and I believe the movie is still the best selling animated movie and the games are rated very high as well. However despite that, Red Hood still doesnÂ’t have that oomph yet so if Batman dries up, so does the Batfam. Harley Quinn and Joker also have a chance to bring up DC as well. Joker has already proven to be a serious money maker. Three Jokers sold like close to 300k copies and the Joker movie did help a lot with being a critical and financial hit. Harley is a merchandising powerhouse herself and is basically the face of the DCEU. Tbh I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if DC stopped pushing Batfamily proper characters (batgirl, robin, Nightwing) and just stuck with pushing Red Hood, Joker and Harley to help prop Batman Becuase they seem to be the only batman adjacent properties with mainstream success.

So at the end of the day, brand fatigue be damned. Batfamily content like Batgirl movie can fail, same with Gotham Knights show/game, Young Justice, Batwoman and Titans. As long as they have the monetary success with Batman they are golden. The Batman movie is likely gonna be the movie to compete with Spider-Man. But outside that, yeah DC has no other content to compete with Marvel. It’s amazing actually Becuase I would have considered Moon Knight and Nightwing on the same level of brand relevance, but Moon Knight is getting a huge push from Marvel while Nightwing isn’t. It’s crazy. The same can be said for Daredevil who was an absolute flop at the box office but somehow has this giant PR machine behind him. Not even Superman is getting that kinda push from DC and they are trying really hard with Supergirl/Jon but at the end of the day they arnt Clark Kent which matters. Idk if I’m gonna say DC can’t afford to push Nightwing in positive direction that doesn’t involve being other franchises, but I will say that Nightwing #88 with the Titans cameo sold better than #87 which had a big push by the writer/artist and even needed multiple copies to complete a “poster.” And I believe Fear State, a Batfamily event, also sold pretty well (even though it was absolute trash) when compared to the non fear state content. Batgirls was pushed for almost a year and still isn’t selling well.

I want Nightwing to be successful as a brand, but I donÂ’t think DC is in a position to care enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Batgirls was pushed for almost a year and still isnÂ’t selling well.
    How do you know the sales of Batgirls? I still haven't read anything about Batgirls sales.

Were the sales so bad?

Incredible Member

Batgirls 2 was around place 63 in the icv2 sales, and sold similar to SSOK #7. It's a significant drop, but DC changed their lead batgirl, and the series seems to try to appeal to younger audience, so I'm not surprised it's not a bestseller.

As for DCAU - Damian had a much more significant presence than Jason in DCAU movies, and he's getting more adaptations. Overall, it seems that DC understand that Bat related characters sell, and they are starting to push them. we're about to get the Gotham knights game and Nightwing YJ arc soon. And while I'm not a Titans fan, the show's success is undisputed. I also hope for a better push, but right now we're getting more Nightwing adaptations than ever.

Anyway, right now Nightwing sells considerably better than Red Hood. As for comparing issues 87 and 88: issue 87 was released just before the holidays, and as ICV2 track sales to costumers, the less opening days at the last 2 weeks of the month would skew the sales more towards issues released at the beginning of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This was the perfect time to do Tim and they fumbled the ball.
    Seen some speculation that they might pair Dick and Steph together here and that would be utterly hilarious after the Arkham games paired Tim and Babs together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I can tell you they arnt worried about brand fatigue at all at the moment because Batman is their only franchise that is brining in any kind of money and that doesnÂ’t include. The Batfamily is not a franchise Becuase they fall under Batman proper (at one point in time X-Men served as a Wolverine prop up). Notice how Dick is robin in most Batman content and not Nightwing same with Babs rarely ever appearing as Oracle or Tim as Red Robin. Really only Red Hood has this really weird chance out of all of them to launch into a profitable brand without Batman considering both the movie UtRH and Arkham Games with him as a lead have done really well out of all the batfam characters and I believe the movie is still the best selling animated movie and the games are rated very high as well. However despite that, Red Hood still doesnÂ’t have that oomph yet so if Batman dries up, so does the Batfam. Harley Quinn and Joker also have a chance to bring up DC as well. Joker has already proven to be a serious money maker. Three Jokers sold like close to 300k copies and the Joker movie did help a lot with being a critical and financial hit. Harley is a merchandising powerhouse herself and is basically the face of the DCEU. Tbh I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if DC stopped pushing Batfamily proper characters (batgirl, robin, Nightwing) and just stuck with pushing Red Hood, Joker and Harley to help prop Batman Becuase they seem to be the only batman adjacent properties with mainstream success.
    This is a misconception. Batman is the lead in both UtRH and the Games. Red Hood hasn’t done anything in the “mainstream” with out Batman. He’s probably the most tethered to Batman. As his main story is a Batman story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2022 at 03:02 PM.