Page 55 of 256 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

I don't like utilitarian Batgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Who is that supposed to be between Dick and Babs?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't like utilitarian Batgirl.

Who is that supposed to be between Dick and Babs?
    His newly introduced half-sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The colors are amazing, but the faces look terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is it not defined now? Then again they have alot of mileage at the moment so I guess I can’t say their moving fast.
    I just hope Babs condition is reflected more consistently between this and Batgirls
    Dick Babs hasn't been defined since 2004 where Dixon Left them lol. Don't forget that right before Taylor's run, he was talking about marrying Bea to Alfred's dead ghost! And before that, he literally had all his friends and family, including Babs, tell him to get serious with Shawn. It's definitely too fast! Even Babs had a thing with Bard for a while before death metal. When Dick Babs is treated like BatCat or Lois Clark, ill be more inclined to believe that they are end game!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many times are Dick and Babs going to have to define their relationship? Granted I can imagine some people aren't even 100% sure they're dating again.

Not sure how to feel about Melinda.
    I actually find it hard to believe Dick would just let Melinda do what she is doing? It seems like that Issue is more about Melinda that Dick from the description. While Melinda is doing the detective/vigilante work Dick is supposed to be doing, he is for some reason trying to define a relationship with someone who he has this convo with all time only for it to fizzle out (normally with the blame on Dick). The will they won't they is starting to get toxic, just go with won't DC because it's clearly what you want. And with Batgirl movie coming out? Why tie Babs down to a run where she isn't even that star in?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Taylor's teased the issue on Twitter as "the battle for Blüdhaven’s heart begins", so this does look like we're getting back to the Bludhaven plot properly rather than just checking in on it before a bunch of Dark Crisis stuff.

Again, I suppose, when it comes to long-term plotting we're on the Countdown To Nightwing #100.
    I hope it goes somewhere! Its crazy how it feels like we are just now getting back to the plot after like half a year of nothing. And then we have another cross over with Flash too! He needs to start wrapping it up....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I hope it goes somewhere! Its crazy how it feels like we are just now getting back to the plot after like half a year of nothing. And then we have another cross over with Flash too! He needs to start wrapping it up....
    The flash isn't a crossover. It's just Wally guest starring in Dick's book and remind us they're best friends.

I'm also not worried about Melinda mentioned so heavily in the solicitations. I guess it's mostly just to remind us that she exists. It's not like the solicitations even imply she's overly competent. It seems like she's in over her head and will need Dick's help.

So, the hero of the book is Taylor original character and Dick's role is as Barbara's boyfriend....sorry maybe boyfriend, they have to define the relationship because that is the book selling point, what they highlight. Ok then. Boring plot, boring couple, boring cover. Can't believe Taylor made Nightwing boring.

No Wonder Marvel is destroying them right now.

Eddit: And the ship is all people want to talk... Taylor really reduced Dick Grayson to a love interest.Wow!
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-18-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So, the hero of the book is Taylor original character and Dick's role is as Barbara's boyfriend....sorry maybe boyfriend, they have to define the relationship because that is the book selling point, what they highlight. Ok then. Boring plot, boring couple, boring cover. Can't believe Taylor made Nightwing boring.

No Wonder Marvel is destroying them right now.

Eddit: And the ship is all people want to talk... Taylor really reduced Dick Grayson to a love interest.Wow!
    Except it doesn’t say she’s going to be the hero and has actually barely been featured. Pretty normal to mention a side character in a one issue solicit.

Complaints like this hurt your credibility and comes off as whining.

I think you are reading the wrong comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Except it doesn’t say she’s going to be the hero and has actually barely been featured. Pretty normal to mention a side character in a one issue solicit.

Complaints like this hurt your credibility and comes off as whining.
    Are you saying the hero isn't the character that "is in trouble—pretending to work for Blockbuster while secretly trying to take him and his gang of criminals down, while also working alongside Dick Grayson to uplift the city" but the one that is defining his romantic status?

My mistake.... although I know what movie I would prefer to watch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Are you saying the hero isn't the character that "is in trouble—pretending to work for Blockbuster while secretly trying to take him and his gang of criminals down, while also working alongside Dick Grayson to uplift the city" but the one that is defining his romantic status?

My mistake.... although I know what movie I would prefer to watch.
    I’m saying it’s a one issue solicit of a multi issue arc/series that we haven’t read yet and your being obtuse.

She’s barely been in the book, Dick has been the lead. Take a deep breath, it’s a one issue solicit, it doesn’t hurt Nightwing. Every books done it.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 02-19-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    His newly introduced half-sister.
    Yeah, Melinda Zucco. I hope the cover doesn't reflect the contents though. She already knows Dick is Nightwing, but the cover implies she finds out the identities of all three Batgirls as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

100% sure it's just the cover. She's included because she's half Chinese, a family member, and a supporting cast. Otherwise it'll be just Cass, who's not even a supporting cast of this book, or just Melinda and her mother, who are supporting cast but not as well known to be a selling point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Melinda Zucco. I hope the cover doesn't reflect the contents though. She already knows Dick is Nightwing, but the cover implies she finds out the identities of all three Batgirls as well.
    Well if she is not stupid it’s easy to piece together once you know one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I’m saying it’s a one issue solicit of a multi issue arc/series that we haven’t read yet and your being obtuse.

She’s barely been in the book, Dick has been the lead. Take a deep breath, it’s a one issue solicit, it doesn’t hurt Nightwing. Every books done it.
    I kind of agree with you but to be fair hasn’t been much really happening in regards to action and development of story. Yes he is the central character but really hasn’t done much. Ran away from some criminals a whole issue, escaped Block Buster, and got beat up by Heartless before that. Oh.. he saved a dog from some street thugs. It’s selling well so it is what it is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I kind of agree with you but to be fair hasn’t been much really happening in regards to action and development of story. Yes he is the central character but really hasn’t done much. Ran away from some criminals a whole issue, escaped Block Buster, and got beat up by Heartless before that. Oh.. he saved a dog from some street thugs. It’s selling well so it is what it is.
    In my opinion he’s done a lot and there’s been quite a bit of dynamic action scenes. I also get criticism and I personally enjoy the more character focused personal approach. But if your not enjoying it, I get it. I can also get behind criticism it’s not perfect.

I just think that that specific complaint is not a valid criticism since the characters barely been featured and it’s just a solicit. I’m totally cool with different opinions, but many are complaints over the top and are obviously people just looking to complain(not directed at you at all).

I will say he was winning the fight with Heartless and only let him go to save the kids. Every issue has had an action scene with Dick beating a criminal. He’s also started the Pennyworth Foundation and has been actively trying to change the city. I do think it’s kind of bummer the story hasn’t really moved since the 6th issue but I’ve enjoyed the team ups. I feel like a lot of focus has been highlighting Dicks relationships since Dark Crisis is coming up and the main story has been on hold until 92.