Page 56 of 256 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

It seems like Batman Inc. will be returning. I wonder if we will see some old faces again.

They already returned several Batman issues ago. It's four of the old Batman Inc members plus Bat-Man of China from New Super-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Melinda Zucco. I hope the cover doesn't reflect the contents though. She already knows Dick is Nightwing, but the cover implies she finds out the identities of all three Batgirls as well.
    Lmao I didn’t even think about this! Yeah it does imply that doesn’t it? Taylor might actually be trying to make his version of Nightwing the new status replacing Dixon (I am joking of course because I know this run is basically Chuck Dixon with Taylor pizazz and characters)! I can’t possibly see why Melinda would know the identities of the batgirls but that’s an L on both Dick’s and Babs tbh it’d be a good thing for it to not reflect the story, but idk it really might.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I kind of agree with you but to be fair hasn’t been much really happening in regards to action and development of story. Yes he is the central character but really hasn’t done much. Ran away from some criminals a whole issue, escaped Block Buster, and got beat up by Heartless before that. Oh.. he saved a dog from some street thugs. It’s selling well so it is what it is.
    Don’t forget that Melinda also technically dodged his punch when he first met her or revealed her status! I felt that was crazy because Dick being the expert fighter he is, should have not only landed that punch but also been more in control of that situation. It’s quite jarring how incompetent Dick is in this run compared to everyone else. I also kinda loathe the fact that Heartless and Blockbuster seem to have more interesting fighting going on between them than Dick does with either of them. I’m glad it sells well, but I don’t think numbers are an indication of quality. After all, like mentioned many times before, Taylorwing is pulling numbers already expected of Nightwing to pull. It definitely is what it is. But personally, this run combined with Wayne Family Adventures and the way he is treated in DCAU, man it’s just not a good look for his character who is supposed to be this badass vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Don’t forget that Melinda also technically dodged his punch when he first met her or revealed her status! I felt that was crazy because Dick being the expert fighter he is, should have not only landed that punch but also been more in control of that situation. It’s quite jarring how incompetent Dick is in this run compared to everyone else. I also kinda loathe the fact that Heartless and Blockbuster seem to have more interesting fighting going on between them than Dick does with either of them. I’m glad it sells well, but I don’t think numbers are an indication of quality. After all, like mentioned many times before, Taylorwing is pulling numbers already expected of Nightwing to pull. It definitely is what it is. But personally, this run combined with Wayne Family Adventures and the way he is treated in DCAU, man it’s just not a good look for his character who is supposed to be this badass vigilante.
    At least we've got the Gotham Knights game...and Titans, I guess.

I have checked out Wayne Family Adventures a while ago, and it is definitely not for me. It's like a really badly written fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I have checked out Wayne Family Adventures a while ago, and it is definitely not for me. It's like a really badly written fanfiction.
    The recent chapter with Catwoman was kind of cute...

Astonishing Member

So March is shaping up so have pretty big Dick energy. By my count we have:

The second half of the "Superman" crossover.
    The regular "Nightwing" issue, with Wally.
    The launch of "Batman/Superman - World's Finest".
    The weekly "Detective Comics" story.
    The "War For Earth 3" event.

That's pretty good going - have I missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I am stupid excited for World's Finest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least we've got the Gotham Knights game...and Titans, I guess.
    Considering how Dick died, can Titans be counted? Though it does a lot better showing him as a badass vigilante than the other content MakeNightwingGreatAgain mentioned.

I'd say at least we have badass Robin Dick by Waid and Mora:

And while Dick is very much in the background of Future State: Gotham, he hasn't gotten knocked out by anyone yet so that's a plus.

There's also Young Justice and Dark Crisis.

Don't think you have, but it should probably be emphasized just how many different issues Dick will be in.

Weekly 'Tec is giving us a total of 4 issues which will feature Dick to varying degrees of significance. War for Earth-3 is a total of 5 issues in March which will also feature Dick to varying degrees.

That's 12 total issues Dick is likely to be featuring in for the month. That's not including other stuff like the Vampires book where he might get a page or two, weekly Wayne Family Adventures releases, etc. In terms of quantity, this year will definitely be the most Dick has been used in comics. When it comes to quality, I'm getting Mora's Robin with Bonvillain colours for World's Finest so I'd be more than good this month anyways lol.

Edit: I forgot about Future State: Gotham, good catch Avi. Dick is usually a tertiary character in that book at best, but the current storyline with Dick and Talia is giving him more screentime and he was mentioned in future solicits so that storyline is going to be going somewhere at least. It's a little sad that it's only when he's in the background, but the book has so far been the one to portray Dick at his most competent in quite a while I think, especially when you factor in his good showing in Future State: Nightwing. It is nice that Dick is competent as Robin in World's Finest though. Waid really seems to care, given #3 of the book is a Robin and Supergirl team-up. Dick and Kara have never teamed up as Robin and Supergirl afaik, especially not for a time travel story lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-20-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Incredible Member

There are also Titans united and Robins.
    Not exactly in continuity but still featuring Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'd say at least we have badass Robin Dick by Waid and Mora:

This might be my favorite redesign of his Robin suit and the coloring in this book is so pretty.

Extraordinary Member

We’re just drowning in dick aren’t we huh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post

Oh, yes of course! Plus, as Grayson The Dark Heir says, DC vs Vampires - normally only for a page or two, but he's solo on the March variant cover....

Probably also likely to be a supporting role in the Murphy White Knight series launching in March, if we're counting that.

Good month to be a Dick!head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Oh right, pretty sure both are on their last issues too next month. I like both books, so kinda sad I missed them in the count but good catch.