Page 69 of 256 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3831

What’s the general view on the tv series, The Titans, especially Dick’s characterisation in it?

(Watched most of season 1, and surprised how dark the tone is, and certainly surprised Dick is portrayed as a borderline psycho.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    What’s the general view on the tv series, The Titans, especially Dick’s characterisation in it?

(Watched most of season 1, and surprised how dark the tone is, and certainly surprised Dick is portrayed as a borderline psycho.)
    They course-correct quite a bit for the second season - and by the time of the third, he's much more recognisable. Albeit still in a very different type of DCU.

I enjoyed the third season a lot as dumb fun, but mileages vary!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, it's disappointing...but not surprising, given how slow the plot has moved and all the tangents we've been on. I think a few interesting bits have been worked in; the mayor working undercover for the feds, Dick's new charity organization and the homeless he's trying to help. There's potential in the concepts but the way Taylor is writing it'll take ten years to pull the trigger on half of it. Still, this is the best the book has been in years, and if it's not the Nightwing I'd write (I still think our pitch was superior) it's still been good.
    What was your pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

He has his moments, but the show is kind of all over the place.

I can't say I care for Titans Dick much. Especially in the last season. Like the guy was making zero effort to hide his secret identity in season 3. He has very questionable judgments and morals but that could be down to half arsed writing. Season 3 was a dumpster fire

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I can't say I care for Titans Dick much. Especially in the last season. Like the guy was making zero effort to hide his secret identity in season 3. He has very questionable judgments and morals but that could be down to half arsed writing. Season 3 was a dumpster fire
    Haha - I thought it was easily the best! But then, I suppose there isn't necessarily a contradiction there.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Haha - I thought it was easily the best! But then, I suppose there isn't necessarily a contradiction there.
    Huh, I think season 1 was the strongest and the writing declined in quality with each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I’ll certainly watch rest of season 1, but probably won’t bother with subsequent seasons.

Agree with the contention that writing is all over the place….there’s a central mystery that’s never addressed in the story: how Dick, supposedly a rank and file serving police detective just travels around the country doing something completely unrelated to his “day job” without anyone insisting he actually does work he’s paid for…

Then one minute he is swearing he’ll never desert Raven…and if he cares about Kori he ought to prioritise helping Kori to find her lost memories…but no he takes off to “find the real Dick Grayson” at first opportunity.

It’s almost as if DC doesn’t care about portraying one of their most important heroes as like-able!

Brother Blood is coming to Titans season 4. You guys think they will try to set up Judas Contract?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Brother Blood is coming to Titans season 4. You guys think they will try to set up Judas Contract?
    They already did that in season 2

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Pride Month variant by Nick Robles
    NIGHTWING_93_PRIDE_NickRobles.jpg

Dick as Robin in Batman/Superman is fun, and Mora draws him beautifully!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Pride Month variant by Nick Robles
    NIGHTWING_93_PRIDE_NickRobles.jpg
    Didn't they do a Pride Month cover with Dick before and people asked...why?

Like, he's an ally, but are they insinuating something...?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't they do a Pride Month cover with Dick before and people asked...why?

Like, he's an ally, but are they insinuating something...?
    Is being an ally and having a queer writer insinuating somthing

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is being an ally and having a queer writer insinuating somthing
    Maybe that's it?

It seems like all the other covers feature characters that are actually LGBTQ+ (well, aside from the Tim ones with Batman and his supporting cast).