Page 8 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s a popular notion that all it takes is good writing and good art. But if only it was that simple. Tim’s gen is seeing that a lot right now.
    I think at least for Tim a well written series would sell (or at least would have sold a few years back) without Gimmicks.
    The rest of his gen has the problem, that usually the "parent book" kind of defines the ceiling for the books of the sidekicks. If the sales for Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman are not that great to begin with, there is not much of a chance for a Superboy, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed her book more than I did Black Canary's, but it was DCYou, the quality and stories were all over the place.
    Honestly Black Canary felt extremely out of character in that book, the Rock Star thing came out of nowhere and the art was probably also a matter of taste.

I get they hate live action Robin in these movies, but skipping over the entire journey and development Bruce and Dick have together and jumping to an adult Robin who is basically just Nightwing is so frustrating. It is cutting out such a core part of the whole story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I get they hate live action Robin in these movies, but skipping over the entire journey and development Bruce and Dick have together and jumping to an adult Robin who is basically just Nightwing is so frustrating. It is cutting out such a core part of the whole story.
    I think you can't really do that that well in a movie (especially in an action heavy Blackbuster), for something like that a Series is probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Starfire? That run was not great
    I enjoyed her book
    I also enjoyed that series. Quite cheeky (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think you can't really do that that well in a movie (especially in an action heavy Blackbuster), for something like that a Series is probably better.
    A series would just work better I agree. You can explore more mundane, everyday interactions in a series whereas you're limited for time in a movie. I'd personally prefer if it was animated as then you'd be able to continue it for years as the actors wouldn't age out of the role, and you can do truly bonkers stuff in animation.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps we can see a Robin journey in reeves Batman. If they follow Batman year one in the first film, a victory road type story may follow up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Really I’m suprised at the positive reception. That book wrote starfire as if she was plucked from TTgo. It also has very little substance essentials a slice of life type with no influence on the greater DCU. Which is a common complaint I here about the run of Nightwing here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Perhaps we can see a Robin journey in reeves Batman. If they follow Batman year one in the first film, a victory road type story may follow up.
    Thing is the Dark victory comic didn't really showed that much of the development, and for a movie you would have likely to shorten the story even more.

If you would want show the development over several movies, they would have (assuming they would start with a young Robin) to shoot the pretty quickly one after the other, or the actor would age up to quickly.
    That can be done (I think they put out the Harry Potter Movies put out a fairly high speed) but usually they take more time between different movies in a series.
    And it might also help the Quality of the movies if they are cranked out at such a high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Those covers were always really on-point...

Extraordinary Member

Thing is the Dark victory comic didn't really showed that much of the development, and for a movie you would have likely to shorten the story even more.

If you would want show the development over several movies, they would have (assuming they would start with a young Robin) to shoot the pretty quickly one after the other, or the actor would age up to quickly.
    That can be done (I think they put out the Harry Potter Movies put out a fairly high speed) but usually they take more time between different movies in a series.
    And it might also help the Quality of the movies if they are cranked out at such a high speed.
    Harry Potter movies were not quick after the first two each film took more time

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dan Radcliffe was already 15 when they shot Goblet of Fire which was supposed to have him at 14, and while the cast did get older, we are still used to Dawson Casting that just 2-3 years older doesn't matter much especially in the later teenage years

A Robin development movie series would be a problem if you actually start him as 10-12 year old and want to see him grow real time, but if you bare it down to the essentials, such as
    - Processing grief and revenge
    - Treating each other like partner and family
    - Growing up and changes
    - Fallout and graduation
    I think you can divide them between 2 years series of movies, at 12, 14, 16, and 18 years old, just fine.
    At 12 it's Robin
    At 14 it's Teen Titans
    At 16 it's Batgirl
    At 18 it's Nightwing
    So each big period also introduce something new

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think you can divide them between 2 years series of movies, at 12, 14, 16, and 18 years old, just fine.
    Even two years is pretty fast for Blockbuster movies.
    That might be enough when everything wents smothly, but become a problem if a script needs rewrites or something similar happens.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Even two years is pretty fast for Blockbuster movies.
    That might be enough when everything went smoothly, but become a problem if a script needs rewrites or something similar happens.
    Oh, I have no illusion that WB will make things go well. I'd rather them wait another 2 years to see if they can do the other movie series, like Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam well before committing to a 4 movie series featuring Robin, IF they want to do that