Page 83 of 256 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Sure looks cool at least
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Dick shouldn’t beat Slade in a one on one, strait up, fist fight. Nor should Batman. Dude is superhuman not just physically but mentally. Slade is not a challenge that should be overcome by being out fought. It’s like trying to defeat Superman by beating him in arm wrestling. They shouldn’t even approach him like that. The idea behind facing Slade should be how do we defeat a man we can’t out punch. They are outmatched in that regard, which is ok, that is the mountain they should have to overcome vs Slade.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-11-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick shouldn’t beat Slade in a one on one, strait up, fist fight. Nor should Batman. Dude is superhuman not just physically but mentally. Slade is not a challenge that should be overcome by being out fought. It’s like trying to defeat Superman by beating him in arm wrestling. They shouldn’t even approach him like that. The idea behind facing Slade should be how do we defeat a man we can’t out punch. They are outmatched in that regard, which is ok, that is the mountain they should have to overcome vs Slade.
    If anyone can come up with a plan, it's Dick .

Incredible Member

I was under the impression Slade was only peak human, like Captain America power levels. Sure, it is unlikely to win in a fight, but not impossible and I do not think it would be too out of line for Dick to pull a W. He was able to hold his own against the guy as a teenager...

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I was under the impression Slade was only peak human, like Captain America power levels. Sure, it is unlikely to win in a fight, but not impossible and I do not think it would be too out of line for Dick to pull a W. He was able to hold his own against the guy as a teenager...
    He is literally the evil Captain America. Also, he is meta-human, the US Army made experiments to turn him into a meta super soldier.

He is not unbeatable tho, Dick has fought against him numerous times and had won some fights.
    Before Deathstroke nuked Bludhaven, Dick made a joke of Slade and then turned his daughter against him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Slade *should* take down any powerless fighter in a straight brawl, except arguably people on Shiva's level (which to my mind doesn't include any Bat except Cass). Dick should get a good showing; the man is one of the best and has fought Slade for most of his life. And Dick *does* have the ability to win, if things go right. He's done it more than once. But on average, while Slade will (and has) lost fights, the odds should be heavily in his favor.

But Slade is in a weird place, where he's defeated by kids (some of them inexperienced), but is also supposed to be a League worthy threat.

For me, win or lose, I just hope Dick is treated properly and with respect here. He can lose the fight, fine, but he better make Slade work for it. All I'm asking is that Nightwing not get chumped.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Slade *should* take down any powerless fighter in a straight brawl, except arguably people on Shiva's level (which to my mind doesn't include any Bat except Cass). Dick should get a good showing; the man is one of the best and has fought Slade for most of his life. And Dick *does* have the ability to win, if things go right. He's done it more than once. But on average, while Slade will (and has) lost fights, the odds should be heavily in his favor.

But Slade is in a weird place, where he's defeated by kids (some of them inexperienced), but is also supposed to be a League worthy threat.

For me, win or lose, I just hope Dick is treated properly and with respect here. He can lose the fight, fine, but he better make Slade work for it. All I'm asking is that Nightwing not get chumped.
    I agree, more times than not Slade wins. I just think, when the pressures on, Dick could pull a W.

I`d say a win on Midnighter is more impressive and Dick figured that out.

I am probably in the minority but I also think Dick beats Cassandra more times than not. She may have better technique but he is the more experienced, smarter and stronger fighter.

Slade is a villain, losing is his role. Or should be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Yeah - I'm open to the idea that it should take the Titans working together to beat him, or that Dick should only be able to get the kind of "win" that means Slade isn't able to stop him accomplishing his goals rather than winning a fistfight... But let's not BatGod ol' Deathstroke.

(Or Dick either, for that matter - you can still show respect to a character and have him lose a fight here and there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He is literally the evil Captain America. Also, he is meta-human, the US Army made experiments to turn him into a meta super soldier.

He is not unbeatable tho, Dick has fought against him numerous times and had won some fights.
    Before Deathstroke nuked Bludhaven, Dick made a joke of Slade and then turned his daughter against him.
    I never really thought of it that way, but it fits.

I agree, more times than not Slade wins. I just think, when the pressures on, Dick could pull a W.

I am probably in the minority but I also think Dick beats Cassandra more times than not. She may have better technique but he is the more experienced, smarter and stronger fighter.
    And has more agility. Cass is probably more skilled and faster but dick has everything else on his side, so it should be a lot closer than fans sometimes believes.

He absolutely can. He absolutely has. The odds don't favor him one-on-one, but Dick has defeated Slade before and could totally do it again. I just don't think the odds are on his side. Which makes the fight far more interesting, I think.

Yes and no, for me. "Yes," because Midnighter isn't someone Dick knew anything about so Dick had to figure out how to win on the fly. "No" because while Midnighter is a total badass, Slade is a bigger one, with physical enhancements on top of the tactical prowess. But taking down Midnighter is still impressive as hell.

I'd accept an argument that Dick has better chances than people give him credit for. And I can totally see him winning *some* of the time. But Cass was raised from birth to be a killer, and is nearly on the same level as Shiva. Cass is, hands down, the best fighter in the Cave, and while I can believe any of the Bats could get a surprise victory against her (fighting is more than just crunching numbers and stats) I wouldn't bet against Cass Cain in a brawl.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Fair enough. I don’t think he’d necessarily win in a straight brawl. Just that he would figure something out.

The one thing I disagree with is Midnighter, he actually has more physical enhancements. Strength, bones and joints. Plus he can figure out how to defeat you by just seeing you move.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Guess it depends on what the ties are between Slade and the Pariah/Great Darkness plot, if Slade is just the starter boss then I can see him going down by the midpoint of the event. Even if Dick loses as long as he gets a good showing and can get a rematch with Slade means I would be ok with him taking a loss given it’s only the second issue. Least he won’t die like Batman will in JL #75 right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Indeed. Let's hope there won't be any repeats of DC VS. Marvel '82