Page 9 of 256 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Assuming they were inclined to do a Robin film, would "Robin and Batman" be worthy of adapting? It looks good but I'm trade waiting most of my books these days and haven't read it yet.

In any case, I'd be fine with a "Robin to Nightwing" evolution over the course of several films, but I don't believe DC/WB have the talent, skill, or patience to pull it off. And because most/many of their films aren't that good (by my subjective standards at least) I'm in no rush to see them try anything with Grayson at all.

But I don't think he'd be a hard character to get right in film (WB probably wouldn't manage it, but it doesn't seem difficult). The role and concept of Robin is so deeply engrained in pop culture you don't even need a film or three with Dick as Robin before going into Nightwing, you could just establish his past as Robin in the first Act and move on. Establish in all the trailers that this is Robin grown up and you benefit from the name recognition of Robin without having to spend much time with it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Assuming they were inclined to do a Robin film, would "Robin and Batman" be worthy of adapting? It looks good but I'm trade waiting most of my books these days and haven't read it yet.
    I don't think that is has the right pacing and story structure for a movie.

Extraordinary Member

Are people looking for a Robin film? I assume it’s mostly for the titans. With this aged batman batgirl Nightwing Redhood and Damian Wayne are all accessible very easy. Tim will be hard to include in this realistic setting

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Man Ludi Lin would be awesome but I have not really seen him in much. All that matters to me about who plays Dick Grayson is they can exude the charm and likeability of the character.
    Have you seen the Power Rangers movie released in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Ludi Lin is cool and all, but i don't think he can carry a movie by himself. And he is already 34.
    Didn't stop him being cast as a teenager in Power Rangers...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you seen the Power Rangers movie released in 2017?

Didn't stop him being cast as a teenager in Power Rangers...
    By the time he would have his solo movie, he would be what? 37, 38?

Someone younger would be more ideal.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It's a practice that seems to have fallen out of fashion a bit, but "shoot a film and it's sequel together" would work well for anything with Robin. Get two films out there with him as a "kid" /young teen - and then depending on reception/time/the actor either keep him in that role or, having aged up, do the Nightwing transition.

I think if I had to choose only one option between "A Nightwing Film" and "a Batman film with a proper Robin", I'd choose the latter to be honest. Robin himself, and sidekicks in general, are too important to the superhero genre as a whole to keep being overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Are people looking for a Robin film? I assume it’s mostly for the titans. With this aged batman batgirl Nightwing Redhood and Damian Wayne are all accessible very easy. Tim will be hard to include in this realistic setting
    Eh, I'd be into a Robin film for Robin, not the Titans. I like the Titans and wouldn't mind seeing them get the silver screen treatment (or a show that's better than I hear the current one is) but if we're talking "Robin the Movie" then I don't need anyone but Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that is has the right pacing and story structure for a movie.
    And it couldn't be adjusted to fit a movie format? Shame.

It *is* a good book though, right? I don't want to get the trade if it's not quality.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So far Reeves caused a delayed in the Nightwing film. So they could wind up doing a Robin to Nightwing in his film. McKay in 2021 also said Nightwing might wind up happening in another universe. So it appears the two make have came to an agreement. But let's hope this means Dick Grayson can appear in both Reeves and Batgirl. However, it seems a version of Robin will appear in Batgirl it's not 100%. So I'm not sure if it's Dickl Grayson or another version. However, it's rumored that a Robin animated movie is in the works. So Far all I know about Reeves is that there was a cast call for 17 years and older with actors with Circus experience. It's likely we might be getting two different versions. So far there is a rumor Joshua Basset has a role in Batgirl movie and many think it's Robin. He is 21 and still has a baby face.

Another Black Label update we have what Dick's role will be in Sean's Batman Beyond book.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...sequel-preview

Sean is interested in doing a Nightwing book. So I hope he still keeps to that
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-10-2022 at 10:42 AM.

"There's a civil war brewing in Neo-Gotham, and it's around this very question," Murphy says. "On one hand you have Dick Grayson leading the GTO around in a bunch of tanks, claiming that crime is down to zero and that things have never been safer. Opposing him is Barbara Gordon leading the GCPD, claiming that the GTO has turned the city into an inhumane police state that's caused higher rates of taxes homelessness, suicides, and depression."

Yeah, no thank you!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

"There's a civil war brewing in Neo-Gotham, and it's around this very question," Murphy says. "On one hand you have Dick Grayson leading the GTO around in a bunch of tanks, claiming that crime is down to zero and that things have never been safer. Opposing him is Barbara Gordon leading the GCPD, claiming that the GTO has turned the city into an inhumane police state that's caused higher rates of taxes homelessness, suicides, and depression."

Yeah, no thank you!
    Just why. Why would you write this Murphy.

Incredible Member

Yeah, no thank you!
    Weird, but I`m kind of into it. Every character eventually gets an evil else world version. It`s pretty rare that Dicks character get portrayed in this light.

Yeah, no thank you!
    Sounds like the Murphy-verse.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Yeah, no thank you!
    Ugh, no. Fine make Dick evil, but this is just weird because that sounds more like a Jason plan than a Dick plan.

https://twitter.com/glasgowmixtape/s...34236990337024

robin.jpg

Take with a pinch of salt but this looks exciting.

A Robin or Robin and Batman series might have more time to develop relationships but imo that doesn't mean an accurate movie portrayal of Dick Grayson would be inferior. Logan had a lot of good emotional beats between Logan and Laura despite being a movie. The thing is that WB has to have an interest in exploring Dick's character development over multiple movies. One introduction as a side character and one solo movie isn't going to cut it.

I don't think the actor growing up is that much of a problem. Dick was Robin for 6-10 years depending on the canon. Time skips between movies of three years aren't that much of a problem - especially if he has smaller appearances in other movies in between his big appearances. The bigger problem is that WB is really slow at getting their movies on the road cause they don't know what they want.

As for the casting rumors in general: I think the "we want him to become Nightwing in his solo film that we might do" isn't a good excuse for yet another "adult Robin Dick" and "old Bruce dynamic". If they wanted that again, they should have gone the Earth-Two route this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, I'd be into a Robin film for Robin, not the Titans. I like the Titans and wouldn't mind seeing them get the silver screen treatment (or a show that's better than I hear the current one is) but if we're talking "Robin the Movie" then I don't need anyone but Robin.

And it couldn't be adjusted to fit a movie format? Shame.

It *is* a good book though, right? I don't want to get the trade if it's not quality.
    I wouldn't say Robin & Batman doesn't have the right pacing just yet. There's still one Issue left. Sure, it wouldn't be able to be a page-to-page adaption but anything rarely is. I guess a possible movie would kick out the Titans' appearance, which would possibly have the nice side effect that Dick is the first sidekick again.

The book is good so far. It's very introspective and shows that becoming the Dynamic Duo was quite the rocky road. How it'll all be wrapped up tomorrow is going to determine how good it really.

Either way, it's criminal that it didn't get published as Black Label.

Yeah, no thank you!
    So... Nightwing: The New Order but dumber. Wasn't it Dick who tried his hardest to stop Bruce from growing more violent in one of the White Knight prequels?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    https://twitter.com/glasgowmixtape/s...34236990337024

robin.jpg

Take with a pinch of salt but this looks exciting.
    Okay, I'm taking that as he'll definitely appear in Batgirl even if it's just a cameo.