Page 98 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, I read the comic, but having it get brought up with Raquel actually there...does it really add anything?

Three. He slept with Bette too in the tie-in comic. Part of the reason it took so long for him and Babs to get together was because he was such a horndog.
    Wow you're telling me that a young man who's hot, fun and charming has had multiple sexual partners in the past 10 years!! unbelievable

It's true to the comics though, right? Starfire wasn't the only girl he dated before he got together with Barbara.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The first episode of the Nightwing arc treated Dick really well, imo, there was a lot of range. Hopefully, the other episodes keep that up. That said, especially his trapeze performance really made it obvious that the animation budget was cut, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Wow you're telling me that a young man who's hot, fun and charming has had multiple sexual partners in the past 10 years!! unbelievable
    Agreed. It's a strange thing to focus on but that's what DC wants for Dick...

I know, I read the comic, but having it get brought up with Raquel actually there...does it really add anything?

Three. He slept with Bette too in the tie-in comic. Part of the reason it took so long for him and Babs to get together was because he was such a horndog.
    And also not being in the same book. Dick always had Starfire as his love interest when he was in a book with her.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That's not what I had a problem with so much as it being Raquel specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is just making me miss the classic Batgirl suit more. Like, what's Redondo's design got over that beauty of a costume? White eyes? Purple?

Although seeing Batgirl with freckles reminds me of All-Star Batman and Robin. Remember that ending with Babs about to face jail time for her expletive-fueled skateboard vigilante rampage?

I do like a good Batgirl and Robin team-up. Of course they don't listen to Batman but still end up needing to be saved by him.

Yeah, I get Dick is a ladies man but that felt like a bit much.
    Three women over the course of ten years seems downright prudish if you ask me.

I think it does, actually. How many of your ex girlfriends are you still friends with? I'm not friends with any of mine, and prefer having at least one whole State between us at all times. For Dick to still be so close to all three exes says a lot about how he interacts with people and how he handles relationships. And the fact that they're all *ex* girlfriends, and Dick seems to be single this season (unless I'm forgetting something?), tells us more. The man cannot be held down by anything for long, but nobody seems upset when he inevitably moves on. Says a lot about the kind of man he is, I think.

It says less about Rocket. But she's barely a character in YJ, with nothing more than a passing attempt at a history and characterization so there's not much to build on there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Three women over the course of ten years seems downright prudish if you ask me.

I think it does, actually. How many of your ex girlfriends are you still friends with? I'm not friends with any of mine, and prefer having at least one whole State between us at all times. For Dick to still be so close to all three exes says a lot about how he interacts with people and how he handles relationships. And the fact that they're all *ex* girlfriends, and Dick seems to be single this season (unless I'm forgetting something?), tells us more. The man cannot be held down by anything for long, but nobody seems upset when he inevitably moves on. Says a lot about the kind of man he is, I think.

It says less about Rocket. But she's barely a character in YJ, with nothing more than a passing attempt at a history and characterization so there's not much to build on there.
    I doubt it was just three women .

Yeah, but I'm talking from the perspective of Rocket as a character. Take that out and nothing is really lost, compared to the Zatanna relationship with actual build up, but Rocket barely even being a character in the show is a whole 'nother issue that even this season didn't quite rectify.

I know there are Chalant shippers desperately holding onto the idea that he and Babs aren't together this season.

That's not what I had a problem with so much as it being Raquel specifically.
    I mean.... which female character is he currently teamed with? That's where it gets awkward in some runs.... Starfire and Batgirl aren't around, so he hooks up with whatever random girl he's currently teamed with.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean.... which female character is he currently teamed with? That's where it gets awkward in some runs.... Starfire and Batgirl aren't around, so he hooks up with whatever random girl he's currently teamed with.
    People tend to date the people there around the most, dick is around superheroes like 90% of the time. Who else is he gonna date?

I doubt it was just three women .

Yeah, but I'm talking from the perspective of Rocket as a character. Take that out and nothing is really lost, compared to the Zatanna relationship with actual build up, but Rocket barely even being a character in the show is a whole 'nother issue that even this season didn't quite rectify.

I know there are Chalant shippers desperately holding onto the idea that he and Babs aren't together this season.
    Why is it called “Chalant”? I prefer the two of them together in this incarnation simply because we’ve had so much more time with Zatanna over Babs and those two go all the way back to S1.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why is it called “Chalant”? I prefer the two of them together in this incarnation simply because we’ve had so much more time with Zatanna over Babs and those two go all the way back to S1.
    Because of what Dick said to her when they first met. It kind of became their thing.

On the one hand, they have great chemistry, on the other hand, it's nice to see Dick and Babs represented in a cartoon well for once...but like a lot of things it suffers from lack of screentime.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Gosh I don't like the ship name Chalant but fans were obsessed with Dick playing with the English language back then

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bacause of this:
    "Look. I'm trying to be all nonchalant here." - Robin
    "Why? Be as chalant as you like." - Zatanna

I never heard about this ship name before people talked here, had to look up.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.