Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    In one stroke I've lost all interest in anything Ms. Marvel, Kamala Khan and The Marvel lol!
    It's an ass move for Marvel to create stories, a world, a lore, characters, AND FANS to later erase them completely in every possible way. Why waste our time building something up if they are going to be so nasty about it. I don't think any company has done anything similar ever to any characters. (And please, the X-Men had lots of media coming out always despite them not being in a Lego game and on t-shirts in Target).The people saying "being an inhuman is nothing to Kamala" were just haters because it was very important to her, and they stripped it from her to give her "another label". This is a low blow even for Marvel.

Astonishing Member

So go to the X forums for Mauraders 4 spoilers man does it read like an Inhuman story. Here is how it can easily fit and make more sense:
    The Kree discovered the potential of creating a slave-soldier army by mixing in other DNA into certain other species, and adding a materia to unlock it. However it is discovered that while the anchiant humans were the ones to give them the idea the first successful Inhuman was a different group. Thought to be destroyed some stragglers got away from the Supreme Intelligence's plan to wipe them out. Now they are back to wage war against the Kree, and the Alliance and/or Utopia need to keep it secret out of fear the other Inhumans will join them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's an ass move for Marvel to create stories, a world, a lore, characters, AND FANS to later erase them completely in every possible way. Why waste our time building something up if they are going to be so nasty about it. I don't think any company has done anything similar ever to any characters. .The people saying "being an inhuman is nothing to Kamala" were just haters because it was very important to her, and they stripped it from her to give her "another label". This is a low blow even for Marvel.
    Jason Rusch, Cassandra Cain, Wally West and Stephanie Brown know your pain.... As will T'Challa. All of them got erased.

Jason doesn't exist anymore. Doomsday Clock got rid of him.

This is a bad image for Marvel.

It's REALLY disrespectful to the X-Men. Especially those of color.

Yes the first mutant of color in the MCU is one NOT built up by that franchise.

(And please, the X-Men had lots of media coming out always despite them not being in a Lego game and on t-shirts in Target)
    Entitlement says you are suppose to be on EVERYTHING. No matter how big no matter how small.

We see it everywhere. Characters that have everything but there is a need for MORE and no sharing is allowed.

And it's NOT started by fans but by MANAGEMENT.

I don't think Feige hates Inhumans why put Black Bolt in MOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Well apparently Feige put Krasinski in just because it was a popular fan cast. BB could have just been whim situation. Especially since apparently there several characters up to be in the illuminati and BB/reed were just added in the reshoots. Despite being a heavily advertised scene it was ultimately not important.

Pretty sure Feige is an adult who doesn’t “hate” a group of characters. In any case, grain of salt rumors out of SDCC that Inhumans will be teased in The Marvels. I’m skeptical but would love to see it.

Whether they use the synergy of Inhumans or Agents of Shield's use of them, any use of them at all,

would eventually draw from their connection to the Kree, since Kree made them.

But other things that are canon in comics could be altered.

Despite that music cue, I still think of Marvel as playing bait and switch, gotcha, and long game stuff.

drum roll

Maybe in order to quell the constant division between Inhuman and Mutant/X-Man fans, they will find a way

to merge Ms. Marvel into both, Inhuman and mutant, (or connected with those nega-bands?)

and eventually merge-manage the various roles and types with Eternals/Deviants/Mutants/Inhumans.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

If they did get in I could see them merging it all to make it easier for Movie audiences. much like how Gruenwald made the Celestials responsible for mutants and Eternals and those experiments inspiring the kree to make the Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Pretty sure Feige is an adult who doesn’t “hate” a group of characters.
    Of course not. But I bet he still have feelings against Ike's creative comitee and maybe using the Inhumans would be see as conceding than some ideas of the comitee were good.

In any case, grain of salt rumors out of SDCC that Inhumans will be teased in The Marvels. I’m skeptical but would love to see it.
    I would be very skeptical.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Iman did an AMA on reddit in which she says
    i love the comics and the inhumans but they are such wild and over the top characters in the best way possible and i think those stories work best in that medium
    Since she is In the movie I'm going take that as an extremely reliable source that the Inhumans universal or otherwise are not in it.
    spoilers:
    That being said if they do appear but as concept fodder to be repurposed like how they are taking the Genis/Jones thing and putting it on Kamala/carol I will be beyond Salty. Feige can go FXXX himself if he pulls that
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by mung; 07-14-2022 at 08:43 PM.

She also repeated what Sana Amanat said about Kamala being planned as a mutant in the comics in the first place. She's only an Inhuman because of the timing of when she debuted. Presumably it's the same for Moon Girl. Wouldn't surprise me if either of them were retconned soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She also repeated what Sana Amanat said about Kamala being planned as a mutant in the comics in the first place. She's only an Inhuman because of the timing of when she debuted. Presumably it's the same for Moon Girl. Wouldn't surprise me if either of them were retconned soon.
    What a stupid thing for them to say at this point. They were hired to write new inhuman characters, but hated the job offer, and what they had to write and are letting fans know they don't like what they were giving us because it wasn't what they actually wanted even though they accepted the job and got to write for Marvel.

It's insulting to us as readers and fans for them to say this. If it's so insignificant to have made her an inhuman, why bother making her a mutant. Now her species is going to matter for people? Not when is was in her origin and many iterations?

They just admitted all the time we spent investing in these characters was a waste of our time because all of it is going to be erased and never addressed again.

She wasn't planned as a mutant because she was being hired by Marvel to write inhumans. She was planned to be an inhuman, but the writer would've liked her to have been a mutant because there weren't inhuman references at that point. She was brought on to start a new wave of inhumans and lay the groundwork for the characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    What a stupid thing for them to say at this point. They were hired to write new inhuman characters, but hated the job offer, and what they had to write and are letting fans know they don't like what they were giving us because it wasn't what they actually wanted even though they accepted the job and got to write for Marvel.

It's insulting to us as readers and fans for them to say this. If it's so insignificant to have made her an inhuman, why bother making her a mutant. Now her species is going to matter for people? Not when is was in her origin and many iterations?

They just admitted all the time we spent investing in these characters was a waste of our time because all of it is going to be erased and never addressed again.

She wasn't planned as a mutant because she was being hired by Marvel to write inhumans. She was planned to be an inhuman, but the writer would've liked her to have been a mutant because there weren't inhuman references at that point. She was brought on to start a new wave of inhumans and lay the groundwork for the characters.
    Saying that they had to follow an editorial mandate isn't the same as them hating what they wrote. It's just that they originally envisioned Kamala as a mutant. There are similar stories all over the comic industry. Doesn't mean the final product is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I understand that Feige does not dislike the Inhumans in themselves, but that it was instead Perlmutter's pet project, and they just got caught in the crossfire of the Feige-Perlmutter civil war.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Iman did an AMA on reddit in which she says

Since she is In the movie I'm going take that as an extremely reliable source that the Inhumans universal or otherwise are not in it.
    spoilers:
    That being said if they do appear but as concept fodder to be repurposed like how they are taking the Genis/Jones thing and putting it on Kamala/carol I will be beyond Salty. Feige can go FXXX himself if he pulls that
    end of spoilers
    Care to elaborate on the spoilers:
    repurposing
    end of spoilers?