Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No ones is crying. It's a fact that these X-fans post sh*tposts and bash inhumans non-stop, ergo them being toxic. They treat the Scarlet Witch the same way. What are you trying to accomplish here? Take your grievances to the X-Forum or Twitter, not the inhumans appreciation thread. The inhumans are attacked everywhere. If you want to do anything, go attack the toxic X-fans for spewing hate against a fictional race and wanting them dead/cancelled.
    I read something that I don't agree with and I came here to express my opinion on, you do the same thing even. I didn't know that this forum had limitations on where to post or not. If this is a topic of appreciation, do it instead of whining about another fan base.

And the question that doesn't want to be silent: WHAT DO THESE TOXIC X-FANS HAVE TO DO WITH THE DECISIONS OF THE DISNEY/MARVEL?
    Last edited by SwordOfArakko; 03-16-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    I read something that I don't agree with and I came here to express my opinion on, you do the same thing even. I didn't know that this forum had limitations on where to post or not. If this is a topic of appreciation, do it instead of whining about another fan base.

And the question that doesn't want to be silent: WHAT DO THESE TOXIC X-FANS HAVE TO DO WITH THE DECISIONS OF THE DISNEY/MARVEL?
    There is a time and a place for everything. You're place is the X-forums. You read something you didn't like and came to an appreciation thread to attack fans. Ask your question on the X-forums. Start a new thread. I'm sure they'll appreciate you for doing it. Unlike here where you're just noise.

Even if "toxic x-fans" don't have the power to change anything, why do I, or any one have to endure their very toxic behavior. Nothing productive about that?

I don't cry that the Inhumans wans't better, I cry because their exclusion from the MCU means something.
    In the long range, making Ms. Marvel not an Inhuman matters less, than continuing to exclude the Inhumans.
    Even Howard the Duck is getter more respect than that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I loathe the idea of Wanda becoming "a mutant" in the MCU, and both her and Pietro being retconned in the comics.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Even if "toxic x-fans" don't have the power to change anything, why do I, or any one have to endure their very toxic behavior. Nothing productive about that?

I don't cry that the Inhumans wans't better, I cry because their exclusion from the MCU means something.
    In the long range, making Ms. Marvel not an Inhuman matters less, than continuing to exclude the Inhumans.
    Even Howard the Duck is getter more respect than that.
    You made it very clear that what happens is "all because whiny mutant fans got upset."

What does upset x-fans have to do with Marvel/Disney choices?

There is a time and a place for everything. You're place is the X-forums. You read something you didn't like and came to an appreciation thread to attack fans. Ask your question on the X-forums. Start a new thread. I'm sure they'll appreciate you for doing it. Unlike here where you're just noise.
    As I keep reading "all because whiny mutant fans got upset" I'm going to come here to make noise, because if there's a time and place for everything, the Inhuman appreciation thread has a lot of noise to make about x-fans. I just got tired of it.

Astonishing Member

My point is that none of these people are responsible for making the decision to alter Ms Marvel's powers or not to use the Inhumans in FF or GoTG comics. They don't own Disney/Marvel. So how is this the fault of the "whiny mutant fans"

It may have been 12 pages IN THIS THREAD, but I follow this forum and every other inhumans thread before it contains pages and pages of crying about toxic x-fans, so I suggested the name change. Even one of my last posts on this forum was exactly about this in the 2021 thread.
    Kind of answers both the "points" you are making, but X-fans are the ones first going after Inhumans and their fans.
    1) It does affect decision making, here I will go step by step so you can follow.
    Step 1: X-fans puts out false or incomplete information on Inhumans.
    Step 2: Someone who is wondering about Inhumans reads it, and takes it as the whole truth.
    Step 3: They choose to not get involved with Inhuman stuff, or at worse join the hate bandwagon.
    Step 4: With people going on about "I dont understand Inhumans and i have to protect my kids from understanding them" means they aren't get sold.
    Step 5: With the Inhumans not getting sold, means the people making the choices view it as a bad property.
    Step 6: They don't want to put out a bad property.

2)
    X-fan "iNhUmAnS aNd ThEiR fAnS sUcK"!
    Inhuman fan "Damn the X-fans sure can get toxic is this what Avenger fans have to deal with"?
    X-fan "ThE iNhMaN fAn BaSe Is AlL aBoUt AtTaCkInG uS fOr No ReAsOn"!

As I keep reading "all because whiny mutant fans got upset" I'm going to come here to make noise, because if there's a time and place for everything, the Inhuman appreciation thread has a lot of noise to make about x-fans. I just got tired of it.
    You're just living up to the toxicity of toxic whiny X-fans harassing people who like the inhumans. We're tired of toxic fanboys like you badgering other fans. You're part of the problem of toxicity in the comic book fandom community. No one here went to the X-forums to write anything bad about fictional characters, yet here you are, expecting a long discussion at the expense of inhumans' fans' time and effort.

I'm positive you can start a sh*tpost elsewhere with lots to discuss than looking for an answer to a question no one cares in answering just so you can let off some steam about something that doesn't affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Kind of answers both the "points" you are making, but X-fans are the ones first going after Inhumans and their fans.
    1) It does affect decision making, here I will go step by step so you can follow.
    Step 2: Someone who is wondering about Inhumans reads it, and takes it as the whole truth.
    Step 3: They choose to not get involved with Inhuman stuff, or at worse join the hate bandwagon.
    Step 4: With people going on about "I dont understand Inhumans and i have to protect my kids from understanding them" means they aren't get sold.
    Step 5: With the Inhumans not getting sold, means the people making the choices view it as a bad property.

2)
    X-fan "iNhUmAnS aNd ThEiR fAnS sUcK"!
    Inhuman fan "Damn the X-fans sure can get toxic is this what Avenger fans have to deal with"?
    X-fan "ThE iNhMaN fAn BaSe Is AlL aBoUt AtTaCkInG uS fOr No ReAsOn"!
    It is the possibility than some people read the inhumans books and didn't like it?
    Sorry but even if I can ˇt accept the existence of toxic X-Fans, that is becoming a cheap escape to analize the content of the Inhumans books and wonder was went wrong: Wrong as is, they are not being published right now, and his multimedia appearances are being diminished. It is not an easy answer, but say it is because of toxic X-Fans is also granted too much power.

Also, it pretty much possible than Kevin Feige it is not an Inhumans fan.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'd like to add that there are several articles from many websites that write articles bringing the inhumans down, and writing "with the X-Men in the MCU, we don't need inhumans anymore." Whining and telling us characters we like are useless and garbage and need to be erased from comics and media makes you toxic and not a friend to comic book fans. No decent comic book fan advocated for the cancellation of characters because they believed garbage they read on-line or because they wrote a bad story. There's tons of bad writing and bad stories and bad show, but to erase them from existence just makes you bitter and mean.

It wasn't just people in their homes bashing inhumans, it's been youtubers, twitter personalities, and online articles. The inhumans are basically dead and these people bring them back from the dead to sh*t on them... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It is the possibility than some people read the inhumans books and didn't like it?
    Sorry but even if I can ˇt accept the existence of toxic X-Fans, that is becoming a cheap escape to analize the content of the Inhumans books and wonder was went wrong: Wrong as is, they are not being published right now, and his multimedia appearances are being diminished. It is not an easy answer, but say it is because of toxic X-Fans is also granted too much power.

Everyone was getting bashed because of "bad writing" during the Marvel NOW era and they did a lot of reshuffling to reduce minorities and bring back legacy characters based on what one Marvel spokesperson said. The Black Bolt book won a writing award, so I wouldn't say bad writing is the culprit. Of course it's possible that people didn't read or like inhumans comics, but they didn't like X-Men comics, they didn't like Captain Marvel comics, and the list goes on.

We're out of the scope of comics and talking about how these toxic fans established a narrative, and came out in full force. And the show sucked, but so has a lot of what Marvel has released. I think Feige is an inhumans fan because he never mentioned anything otherwise and seemed positive about it when they announced the movie. I think saying Feige isn't an inhumans fan is a cheap way to describe the lack of them in media. Maybe he'll talk about them in his memoir.

You're just living up to the toxicity of toxic whiny X-fans harassing people who like the inhumans. We're tired of toxic fanboys like you badgering other fans. You're part of the problem of toxicity in the comic book fandom community. No one here went to the X-forums to write anything bad about fictional characters, yet here you are, expecting a long discussion at the expense of inhumans' fans' time and effort.

I'm positive you can start a sh*tpost elsewhere with lots to discuss than looking for an answer to a question no one cares in answering just so you can let off some steam about something that doesn't affect you.
    WOW! I just stated that I don't like this fan narrative that Marvel/Disney's treatment of them is the fault of x-fans on the internet WHO HAVE NO POWER OF CHOICE. I don't mind if the Inhumans get comics, series or movies, but this narrative is exhausting and makes me avoid these characters like the plague.

I don't want a long discussion, I just replied to a quote from a user who constantly writes sh*t about x-fans, which is pretty hypocritical as it's the same attitude you condemn.

WOW! I just stated that I don't like this fan narrative that Marvel/Disney's treatment of them is the fault of x-fans on the internet WHO HAVE NO POWER OF CHOICE. I don't mind if the Inhumans get comics, series or movies, but this narrative is exhausting and makes me avoid these characters like the plague.

I don't want a long discussion, I just replied to a quote from a user who constantly writes sh*t about x-fans, which is pretty hypocritical as it's the same attitude you condemn.
    You're just a symptom of how the anti-inhuman movement has been effective at making people hate them. Non-stop articles calling the inhumans trash, weak, "no one even likes them", "Feige hates the inhumans", and more, definitely have had an effect. It's a narrative that has a lot of people pushing it.

I can count on one hand the people who call out X-Men fans' bashing of inhumans, but the articles and social media comments bashing the inhumans for having the audacity to even exist are limitless. What's worse is that they're dead and not coming back, but these clowns still bash them because they were gaslighted so bad.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 03-16-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

I'm sorry how long have you been around comics? Accept the existence feels so weird to put. Go on and most reviews are good, it is as I put false/incomplete information out there makes it hard to get people into reading their stories, and if you look into these people they are big X fans. The only other thing that would be seperate from the toxicity would be the Inhumans show, but that also falls into false/incomplete information because of plenty of source changes to fit a naritive, which is something that people should know for Ms. Marvel.

I'm sorry how long have you been around comics? Accept the existence feels so weird to put. Go on and most reviews are good, it is as I put false/incomplete information out there makes it hard to get people into reading their stories, and if you look into these people they are big X fans. The only other thing that would be seperate from the toxicity would be the Inhumans show, but that also falls into false/incomplete information because of plenty of source changes to fit a naritive, which is something that people should know for Ms. Marvel.
    Oh, you are asking for credentials now? Well, I started in 1985 aprox but my memory could be clouded. I read Liefeld comics but then I discovered how bad they really were, then I understood why Kirby was the King, I then started to migrate to tintin and Asterix and Bandee Desisné and south american (mostly argentinian) comics, the manga than came , then it came the indi, I went back for Vertigo, left for a while, rediscovering Claremont, went full Wildstorm, read the whole Miller, Moore, Morrison, Marvel Knights, MiracleMan, Watchmen... I searched for minor editorials works... Mmm, maybe it is not enough credential for your standars. Yours credentials must be more awesome.
    The point is than if you still keep nagging about how toxic X-fans are, you are getting close on to see what where the mistakes done on the promotion of the Inhumans and any new try to refloat the franchise will be doomed.
    Stop using the X-Men fans as excuse and ask more on how to do good Inhumans or how to build a good Inhumans narrative.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin