Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why would they need to stay Caucasian??
    Because Medusa's red hair is WAYY too iconic and I'm not sure how it would look on a nonwhite lady (comic drawing or actress) This isn't a MJ type situation, her hair is literally her superpower and it's supposed to look like a massive river of red. As for Crystal, well she is her sister, not an adopted one, and they would need to look like they come from the same family.
    My dream fancast for Medusa is Rebecca Ferguson after seeing her in Dune, as for Black Bolt - ever since the rumor about Farhan Akhtar being in Ms. Marvel TV series I can't help but fancast him as perfect for that role. I haven't even heard of the guy before that rumor came out and now I've seen several of his movies lol.
    Last edited by Fort Nerd; 04-03-2022 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo

Astonishing Member

Eh no thanks Flint's 'home country' shares too many adjectives with another sparsely populated, hidden, advanced, Xenophobic, African, society
    Pardon my foggy memory but which country?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's a fictional society from a comic book. It's not that deep.
    Isn't Krakoa the same way?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Because Medusa's red hair is WAYY too iconic and I'm not sure how it would look on a nonwhite lady (comic drawing or actress)
    The counterargument would be live-action Starfire.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Because Medusa's red hair is WAYY too iconic and I'm not sure how it would look on a nonwhite lady (comic drawing or actress) This isn't a MJ type situation, her hair is literally her superpower and it's supposed to look like a massive river of red. As for Crystal, well she is her sister, not an adopted one, and they would need to look like they come from the same family.
    Why does it have to be red

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Pardon my foggy memory but which country?
    Wakanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Isn't Krakoa the same way?
    Nah KraKoa aint hidden or African or sparsely populated or Xenophobic but yes its a country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The counterargument would be live-action Starfire.
    Right! Shes killin' it!
    GrindrStone(D)

Niffleheim

I’m tired of the Simply Superior phase and I can’t wait for The Fall of X phase to commence
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I’m tired of the Simply Superior phase and I can’t wait for The Fall of X phase to commence
    Once again the obsession. What does Krakoa have to do with the topic of this thread?

The Fall of X may come, at least my favorite characters haven't been slumped in editorial limbo. Have a good time.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Once again the obsession. What does Krakoa have to do with the topic of this thread?

The Fall of X may come, at least my favorite characters haven't been slumped in editorial limbo. Have a good time.
    Calm down. Get some fresh air.

Why does it have to be red

Nah KraKoa aint hidden or African or sparsely populated or Xenophobic but yes its a country.
    In the show her hair was brown before she went through Terrigenisis (the actress's hair is naturally black) and was red after. It's an unnatural red that no one on Earth is born with because, guess what, it's a comic and it's fiction. It's not real. So whatever actress plays the role would not have real hair and it would be CGI like in Captain Marvel, and a wig. Starfire has red hair in the show and it didn't take away from the actress as a person and it works.

Krakoa forbids people who aren't of their race to enter freely. So it's xenophobic by design, but that's the point of mutant culture now. It's a paradox that their readers support it, but their readers hated Iceman being gay and are bigoted towards inhumans, so I'm not shocked they would accept the current practices as long as it's their "team."
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 04-05-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Right! Shes killin' it!
    Are we referring to Anna Diop? I'm not familiar with the show so I googled her, and, um, yikes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post

Well if you follow the chats you can find where it came from, but no all you do is come here, find any one thing that is even talking about the X-corner in anything but positive and go 'ThE iNhUmAn FaNs ArE sO tOxIc'. You want toxicity fine, I will be as bad as M-pox.

When the Inhumans do come back they should stab Krakoa with a giant Terrigen crystal killing it, have the Crystal then transorm in to a cloud and suffocate most of the Mutant population, with numerous clouds being seperated thats to the Mutants own portal system until truly no where on earth is safe. Any Mutant that is able to get away travel to Mars where the Inhumans reveal that the Mutants are speaking on behalf of all the Sol system without the Earth governments consent launching an all out war between the 2. While the Avengers, F4, and a number of other super teams try to convince the rest of the Mutants to give up and allow Earth to take the lead they say no having the Marvel Universe vs X event where any Mutant left gave up to the superior people.

There that is saying bad stuff about the X-corner, learn what is proper criticism, or a valid opinon and maybe you will know how to make one yourself.
    Last edited by Noek; 04-05-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix;[URL="tel:5999204"
    5999204[/URL]]
    Krakoa forbids people who aren't of their race to enter freely. So it's xenophobic by design, but that's the point of mutant culture now. It's a paradox that their readers support it, but their readers hated Iceman being gay and are bigoted towards inhumans, so I'm not shocked they would accept the current practices as long as it's their "team."
    EVERY country has laws limiting noncitizens moving freely through their country
    Eh how?? lol
    Readers hate gay Iceman?? Tell that to all the Iceman stans
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd;[URL="tel:5999644"
    5999644[/URL]]Are we referring to Anna Diop? I'm not familiar with the show so I googled her, and, um, yikes.
    lol why Yikes?!?
    well since youve never watched the show...Yikes is prob where it'll stay
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek;[URL="tel:5999804"
    5999804[/URL]]
    Well if you follow the chats you can find where it came from, but no all you do is come here, find any one thing that is even talking about the X-corner in anything but positive and go 'ThE iNhUmAn FaNs ArE sO tOxIc'. You want toxicity fine, I will be as bad as M-pox.
    Errr who said that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    When the Inhumans do come back they should stab Krakoa with a giant Terrigen crystal killing it, have the Crystal then transorm in to a cloud and suffocate most of the Mutant population, with numerous clouds being seperated thats to the Mutants own portal system until truly no where on earth is safe. Any Mutant that is able to get away travel to Mars where the Inhumans reveal that the Mutants are speaking on behalf of all the Sol system without the Earth governments consent launching an all out war between the 2. While the Avengers, F4, and a number of other super teams try to convince the rest of the Mutants to give up and allow Earth to take the lead they say no having the Marvel Universe vs X event where any Mutant left gave up to the superior people.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    There that is saying bad stuff about the X-corner, learn what is proper criticism, or a valid opinon and maybe you will know how to make one yourself.
    learn to chill brah
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

EVERY country has laws limiting noncitizens moving freely through their country
    Eh how?? lol
    Readers hate gay Iceman?? Tell that to all the Iceman stans
    The mutants have a law forbidding people based on race from entering and becoming citizens. They have homophobic fans that were hysterically hateful when he came out. And I'm not talking about the ones who said, "they could've gone about it better."

What's ironic is that you put Emma in brown face because even you recognize the X-Men are terrible with diversity and have white washed it. Now you're defending their ethno-state policies.

And they hate inhumans soley because they're inhumans in the real world, and would like them if they were a different race.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 04-06-2022 at 02:59 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Folks, while discussions about Krakoa and the X-Men can be objectively productive in the right thread, we run the risk of veering off track if we let it drag on in this thread. You are free to further discuss it in an existing or new thread.

As to the impact of X-fans on the Inhuman franchise… it cannot be denied that a segment has been very vocal in expressing their dislike, and even downright hatred of the characters here and elsewhere. Some did not hide their glee in seeing the Inhumans ABC series tank or the Inhumans comics canceled, or the Terrigen cloud destroyed by no less than Medusa herself, or the massacre of the Inhumans. Whether executives in Disney/Marvel actually listened to those voices and allowed themselves to be guided or influenced in the direction of the Inhumans thus, you will hear convincing arguments from both sides of the yes/no divide. Inhuman fans are naturally hurt by the most negative of the comments, and it is a given that they will in turn give voice to their frustrations.

Nonetheless, if Inhuman fans want the franchise to rise again in the future, then for now we have to glean whatever information we can get is forthcoming from Marvel as regards their proper debut in the MCU and their full-fledged return in the comics. If Disney+ Ms. Marvel will surprise us in the end with a last-minute reveal of her Inhuman heritage. I will that as a good sign.

Let us, by Randac, keep the faith.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix;[URL="tel:6000268"
    6000268[/URL]
    The mutants have a law forbidding people based on race from entering and becoming citizens.
    Shogo, Kyle, Warlock say hey
    6000268[/URL]They have homophobic fans that were hysterically hateful when he came out. And I'm not talking about the ones who said, "they could've gone about it better."
    Huh? Because a few fans are toxic it's the fault of the franchise? Like they're the only franchise with fringe, extreme subculture of fans

6000268[/URL]What's ironic is that you put Emma in brown face because even you recognize the X-Men are terrible with diversity and have white washed it. Now you're defending their ethno-state policies.
    Is that why I did it!? Couldn't be I love the OG cover and outfit/find it interesting? And if we're going on profile pics as signifying views on Diversity in Marvel
    then.....
    6000268[/URL]And they hate inhumans soley because they're inhumans in the real world, and would like them if they were a different race.
    Issues? Cause I ain't seen it
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-06-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

I’m going to be controversial and say that; barring outliers like Vulcan, Beast and the moral black hole that is the QC; If the Inhuman realms were restored next issue I don’t think there would all that much beef between the Inhumanity and Mutantdom.

Maybe a little geopolitical rivalry, but none of the distaste Krakoa has for the Superheroes etc